Tri-Valley Conference

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Tri-Valley Conference

Post by 93Bulldog »

http://trivalleyconference.com/Blogs/we ... eyball.htm

... The link is to a blog that was written on trivalleyconference.com

... Im in the process of having full control over the web site, so if anyone wants to send me volleyball records, schedules/results, etc..etc.. feel free to do so ... that way I can have the info updated much faster.

email me at trivalleyconference@yahoo.com

gt13osu
Varsity

Re: Tri-Valley Conference

Post by gt13osu »

Alexander sweeps Nelsonville York in 3 sets Tuesday
25-9, 25-16, 25-21.

Julie Els had 12 kills and Haley Born chipped in with 11.
Kayla Radekin had 3 aces and 33 assists.

The Spartans' record now stands at 8-4 overall, and 7-1 in the TVC- Ohio.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Anyone have the final league standings?

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

The standings aren't final yet. Athens and Alexander are still tied at the top with 1 loss a piece. Alexander has two more TVC Ohio games, against Meigs and Wellston. Not sure about Athens, but it looks like we are going to have co-champions this year.

cobweb
JV Team

Re: Tri-Valley Conference - Hocking Division

Post by cobweb »

The league championship will be decided this week, thanks to the Trimble victory over Waterford last week. The spotlight is on the Waterford/Eastern game tonight at Eastern. A Waterford victory cinches their second Hocking Division title in a row. An Eastern victory lifts them to the conference lead for which they will have to battle to keep at Trimble on Thursday night. An Eastern victory tonight and lose at Trimble would result in a three-way tie among these teams.

Go Eagles!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good luck to the Lady Cats tonight at Eastern. Bring home The Hocking Title tonight.

GO LADY CATS!!!

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Didn't get to go but heard Waterford lost in 4.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern lost the first set back never looked back after that. Waterford has a very good team and a very good girl at the net who is a freaking man. Turley held her own and Eastern came away with one. Very good match to watch though. Good luck to Waterford and congrats to Eastern

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sorry I could not get the volleyball section of the web site completed this fall - I wanted to, I just couldn't get the help needed to do the technical work ... I promise next years volleyball coverage will be as good as the football on trivalleyconference.com! Not to mention GIRLS HOOPS will be covered this winter for sure.

I will be in GLOUSTER Thursday for the Eastern-Trimble show down to see if its an outright league champion or co-champs in the TVC-Hocking this year ... I was in NELSONVILLE last night and witnessed the Bulldogs staking claim to at least half the TVC-Ohio title.

The Bulldogs and Spartans will most likely share it with (11-1) league records. (Alex plays Wellston Thur. and Athens is done with its league play)

Eastern is (8-1) I believe in the Hocking and Trimble (7-2) - the game Thursday should be a pretty good match-up but after seeing both play - my edge would have to go to Eastern ... They are really, really good! The win over Athens earlier in the year was one of only three losses for the Bulldogs (18-3), which tells you the Eastern Eagles are talented enough to be almost unbeatable when it comes to TVC-Hocking opponents.

But Trimble is a pretty good team too - and I watched what a team who 'wants it more' on the court can do when Alex beat Athens in McAfee Gymnasium. Trimble can do it, but it will take a lot of teamwork, maybe some luck and it woudn't hurt if Eastern is off a little bit Thursday ... The Savage girl is one heck of an athlete for the Tomcats and she has help around here; but will it be enough to challenge Turley and Swatzel, who are tenacious at the net for the Eagles?

I guess tha question gets answered Thursday.

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

Congrats Eagles on your win tonight. It's good to bring the title back.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They're pretty good, the Eagles are ... Tonight they were powerfull, consistent, didn't waiver when they fell behind 1-0 and their extreemly well coached ....

Not sure if a score was posted or not, but Eastern lost the 1st set (25-19) maybe ... won a crucial 2nd set (26-24) .... dominated the 3rd (25-13) I think - and did the same in the 4th (25-15) or something .... I left my paper work somewhere and dodn't have exact scores but that's pretty close ..

Turley had 18 kills - shes a force!
Watzel had 12 I think.
Maxson was solid, Holter was too ... The Morrison girl is tough and compliments Swatzel & Turley well ... Eastern has like 4 or 5 real solid players who add something a little different to a match - plus two powerfull hitters ... its a nice mix of players (scary thing is only a few are seniors, one of them being Turley)

Not to dismiss Trimble - The Savage girl is very, very good - She's still young and will only get better ... She had like 4 kills and 4 huge blocks on the Eagles big hitters in that 1st set ... It sparked Trimble to an opening set victory, but they couldn't maintain the intensity ... Savage delivered 10 kills and six blocks I think total ... Kendra Sharrer and Cassie Christman had some nice kills and were solid ... Chelsey Kinnison had some nice kills as well ... Sierra Lenigar is a very nice all around athlete for the 'Cats (volleyball, basketball and really good softball player) and she had an alright game, but I have seen her play better (she just didn't have many opportunities versus Eastern) I think she led the team in serving points and aces though.

All in all, it was a good match; Eastern (9-1 TVC-Ohio) probably deserved the trophy but could have easilly been beaten tonight had Trimble (7-3 TVC-Ohio) taken that 2nd set ... but woulda, coulda, shoulda never cuts it anymore, you gotta play hard and play to win in an underated Hocking Division if you want some hardware to take home.

Return to “Volleyball”