SEOP

Re: South Gallia Volleyball

Post by fuzzhead »

Go Amish!!! Uh. . . I mean Rebels! :mrgreen:

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

They are doing really well I believe their only loss was to a great Eastern team. Played their first game in the new gym tonight. Not sure about the score.

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

south gallia is doing great they are 5-1 rigght now defeating teams like southern,fairland,oak hill, grace,ironton st joe!!!!! but they are playing like a team and are improving on their passing!!!!!!! but good luck to the rebels and lets have a successful season!!!!!

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Busy week coming up for the Rebels.
Tri-match on Mon v. OVC, Welston at SG's new gym.
Tuesday at Chesapeake.
Wednesday v. Coal Grove at SG. Saturday trimatch at SG v. Waterford and Gallia Academy(JV and Varsity). Will probably play Varsity on main floor and JV on the auxillary gym floor.

If the coach keeps her line up in order, the Rebels should do well this week. We saw what happened in the second game of the match against Grace Christian.

Currently at 5-1. Could be could be 11-1, 10-2 or 9-3 (at the worst)by the end of the match on Saturday. Line up includes: 3 freshmen, 2 sophs, 1 junior, and 2 seniors. (Another soph and another senior sometimes get in). All eight of those girls played club for the past two seasons and have been making steady improvement. (The three freshmen and one of the sophomores played on a 15s club team against Aleta's 16 team and took them to a 29-27 game. That was a great experience for them.) I appreciate the tenacity they had the other night against Oak Hill. They were down in the first game by 15 points and came back to win it.

I am sure I will catch some flack for talking positive about SG, but I guess that is to be expected on this site.

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

allaces1 wrote:I am sure I will catch some flack for talking positive about SG, but I guess that is to be expected on this site.

I know what you mean, I always seem to get into trouble for cheering on my favorite team

OUBobcat
Riding the Bench

Post by OUBobcat »

i dont think most would criticize you for rooting for your own team...the girls deserve to be praised...i think where it tends (and not necessarily you) to go over the top is when the posts are like the cheerleading squad at a football or basketball game that is still cheering we are number 1 when you have been beaten or are getting beat...for example...it is great that the rebels have brought respectibility to their program with the recent success, etc. but you have to remember to put your wins in perspective...defeating teams such as fairland, sout point, chesapeake, st joe, grace christian, coal grove, etc. might be wins but those are just that wins...those are not quality wins...it is great for the program that has been down and you have to start somewhere...but don't think going 5-0 etc with that schedule means you are now the top dog on the volleyball court...which is what some posters get caught up in rather than just simply praising the success of a win is a win is a win (even if the volleyball is not great) rather than doing the bad thing by saying they (the team) might be great...awesome ..etc.

good luck rebels...it is always good for ALL the area teams to get better rather than being the traditional/historical volleyball of SE Ohio...

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

OUBobcat,

You are excactly right in saying that the wins over St. Joe Fairland etc. are not quality wins. I hope to be the voice of reason as our supporters get on here and post comments like the ones you have referred to. However, when you look at the history of South Gallia Volleyball you will see that it has been a traditionally weak program. I beleive that the excitement that some of our fans express is simply out of pure joy that we are not losing every game or having schools refuse to play us because it is not beneficial to their program.

I don't think it is necessary for our posters to begin each post with the following disclaimer:

"PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WE KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT THE GREATEST VOLLEYBALL PROGRAM IN SOUTHEASTERN OHIO AND THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS SIMPLY REFLECT THAT FACT THAT WE ARE PROUD OF OUR TEAM'S PERFORMANCE."

By all means others should intervene or respond when they feel that one of our supporters is making negative comments about other teams. I don't think that has been the case on the volleyball posts.

We thank you for your support and making sure we keep things in perspective. The support of our posters on this site is not any differnet from any other posters who get on here and share their excitement about their programs. It seems, however, that when a postive comment about anything to do with South Gallia is made, someone in the area has to jump in and make sure we "remember our place".

For example, when we started organizing our club program last year we were immediately criticized by "LEFTY". Of course our program is not an ALETA level program, but again you have to start somewhere. In the event that LEFTY feels the need to respond to this post...I have suggested that the three clubs in Gallia County merge/reorganize, but I think that there just be "too many chiefs and not enough indians".

We would greatly appreciate knowing what standards must be met in order for "appropriate" comments supporting our program are to be allowed on this site.

GO REBELS. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING>>>>> :-D

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Can someone give me directions from Wellston to the new South Gallia gym?

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

The new high school is located behind the old high school. Turn at the second drive.

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

What's the record so far?

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

9-1. Tri match on Saturday v. Gallia Acdemy and Waterford 10:00 am at SGHS.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Big test for the Rebels on Saturday!

GOOD LUCK LADIES!

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Should be plently of good games on Saturday - I wish I could attend.

Good Luck Lady Rebels

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Any thoughts on how the injury is hurting/helping/not effecting the team?

How have the games gone thus far?

And most importantly - any word on how #22 is doing?

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

She is doing better. It was a seriously sprained ankle. She is still on crutches but she has told me she hopes to atleast play senior night

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Ouch, I've done that very thing. I hope to see her playing on senior night.

oaks00
Waterboy

Post by oaks00 »

I think South Gallia Has really improved throughout the past years.
The program is really improving,they have some good young talent this year with their freshman and sophmores

Congrats girls on the wins,keep it up!!! :-D !!!!

SG fan
Waterboy

Post by SG fan »

Tayler Duncan is a beast at setter. You cant stop her!!!

superman06
Riding the Bench

Post by superman06 »

SG fan wrote:Tayler Duncan is a beast at setter. You cant stop her!!!

How do you "stop" a setter? The idea is bump, set, spike....if the bump isn't there, the set won't be there...I guess the setter's own team could stop her, not really the opposing team. :122248

Return to “Volleyball”