OVC Players who played Club?

VBFAN#1
Riding the Bench

OVC Players who played Club?

Post by VBFAN#1 »

Who if any from Lawrence county played club ball and where?

VBFAN#1
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC Players who played Club?

Post by VBFAN#1 »

I guess this answer is zero. I know of a few girls who played in the huntington league but I am unaware of anyone who traveled with club team. I guess if nobody is playing club or in the off season justifies why Scioto and Gallia county teams excel over lawrence county teams and will continue unless this changes.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

True words............... :12224

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

There was a girl from Chesapeake who played for Crown City Sideout Volleyball club. She seemed to really learn alot and enjoyed herself.

VBFAN#1
Riding the Bench

Post by VBFAN#1 »

I may know another who will be trying out this year. Does Crown City still practice at South Gallia HS?

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Yes...I am assuming they will start practicing around January. It will be posted on here as soon as information comes available.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Would like to merge clubs with Southern United ans Southeastern Ohio Volleyball Club. Might be a viable solution for all four Gallia County High Schools and would really like to include players from Lawrence County, especially Fairland and Chesapeake. Hopefully, we can set differences aside and continue to improve volleyball programs for all involved.

VBFAN#1
Riding the Bench

Post by VBFAN#1 »

How many days a week are practices. If practices are on the weekend it might make since for girls in the western part of lawrence county like Ironton/Coal Grove/South Point. Practice during the week with Basketball and track would be hard with the distance.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Prior to tourney time we practiced every Sunday afternoon at SGHS. With the new school going in at SG, we will be able to run three courts at one time for practice. Are you from Coal Grove? Ricki came to one practice but we did not have an 18s team for her. Her cousin from Chesapeake played for us this year on one of 15s teams. We would be happy to have more athletes from Lawrence County.

We were trying to set some practices up at Fairland, but we did not get any players from the high school program. We also ran an 8 week program for 6-8 that did not want to travel with a club. We had about 42 kids in that program--all from the same school.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

I agree all three club teams in Gallia County should merge. I think we all need to work together. Southern United are looking to do tryouts in late October or early November.

Return to “Volleyball”