Most VB coaching victories in SE District

lefty
Freshman Team

Most VB coaching victories in SE District

Post by lefty »

I saw where Meigs head coach Rick Ash won another game Monday versus Jackson. How many victories does he have at Meigs High School? Does anyone in the SE District have more than him? I think this is also the only school he has coached at. :?:

svbt1112
Varsity

Re: Most VB coaching victories in SE District

Post by svbt1112 »

I believe that Judy Bayes would rank up there----we were trying to figure out her first year in coaching the other night and guessed around 1985...... She runs a classy program at Northwest.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Howie Caldwell (Eastern Meigs) has probably racked up quite a few wins during his tenure.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

Janet Day-Eastern
Laura Smith-Adena

I think Laura has the most in the SE district. Not sure of the number, but it is extremely high

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

jumparound wrote:Janet Day-Eastern
Laura Smith-Adena

I think Laura has the most in the SE district. Not sure of the number, but it is extremely high
According to the OHSAA records for coaches with the most wins, minimum 350, the only name that has been hit on is Laura Smith with 564 wins, 7th place all time. No other coach from the SE district has broke the 350 mark. Hands down the answer beyond a shadow of a doubt is Laura Smith. No one else is within 214 wins of catching her. Way to go Laura!!

Pirate4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Pirate4Life »

Carol Bialkowski former Wheelersburg coach has over 400 wins.

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

Wayne Dicken...NELSONVILLE YORK...

Wayne's World!!!

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

I just read on another thread where Warren's Coach Fisher won her 700th game Saturday. That is an incredible feat regardless they all weren't in the SE District!!! Hats off to Coach Fisher!!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Karen Miller from Minford High School has 364 wins for the Falcons and Joyce Hull from Chillicothe High School has more than 350 wins for the Cavaliers.
Both coaches are Ohio High School Volleyball Coaches Assiocation Hall of Fame members and both coaches deserve to be mentioned.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

mglight88 wrote:Karen Miller from Minford High School has 364 wins for the Falcons and Joyce Hull from Chillicothe High School has more than 350 wins for the Cavaliers.
Both coaches are Ohio High School Volleyball Coaches Assiocation Hall of Fame members and both coaches deserve to be mentioned.
Wow, how many seasons has Karen been coaching the falcons?

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

23 seasons.
History of Minford Volleyball began play in 1975 under coach Diana Fraunfelter now Diana Shaffer. Karen Miller took over coaching at Minford in 1976 and her last season was 1998. Karen accounted for 7 SOC Championships, 15 Sectional Championships and 6 District Championships with 6 Regional Appearances.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

This is not Ohio but right next door to Southeast Ohio.

From the Parkersburg High School Website: "Coach Harnish took over in 1983 and been at the helm ever since. During his reign he has brought home 10 State Championships and 7 second place finishes. The last State Championship was in 2007 and the latest second place finish was the 2009 team. Coach Harnish has well over 1200 wins."

Impressive, don't care where you are.

Return to “Volleyball”