#1 Warren vs #4 Fairfield Union

followed by

#2 Sheridan vs #3 Unioto

Winners play Saturday 4:00 for the Right to Advance to the Zanesville Regional

Wednesday, October 26th at 6:00 at Southeastern High School

#1 Westfall vs #4 Athens

followed by

#2 Waverly vs #3 Washington Court House

Winners play Saturday After the First Match For the Right to Advance to the Wilmington Regional
Last edited by svbt1112 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

svbt1112
Varsity

Re: District Match ups

Post by svbt1112 »

Division 4 Districts at Jackson High School

Wednesday, October 26th at 6:00

#1 Reedsville Eastern vs #5 Whiteoak

followed by

#2 Notre Dame vs #3 Waterford

Winners play Saturday 4:00 for right to advance to Lancaster Regional

Division 4 Districts at Jackson High School

Thursday, October 27th at 6:00

#1 South Webster vs #4 South Gallia

followed by

#2 Beaver Eastern vs #3 Portsmouth Clay

Winners play Saturday following first match for right to advance to Lancaster Regional
Last edited by svbt1112 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Will any D4 district semi loser get to 20 in any game?

Some may not reach double digits.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ND and SG could play well after a poor game and make a game or two kinda close if the opponent doesn't have the pedal to the metal.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Warren must step it up and win handily IMO.

Will Unioto/Sheridan be a good one?

Westfall/Athens?

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I think it is odd that the 2 District Champions in Division 2 go to different Regional Sites.

Ironman: Last year the District Semis in Division 4 were all 3 set sweeps. The winners were the same as the 4 favorites this year.

A lot of people on that side of the district will tell you that Warren is better than Waverly. Perhaps, but the results from Wednesday night did not show that.

Athens went to Huntington and swept the match in 3. Huntington beat Westfall both times this year. I know you can't use the transitive property in sports but it does lead me to believe that Athens can upset the #1 seed.

Don't know much about Sheridan............. The SVC is always the best volleyball league around here though so I want to side with Unioto, but was the SVC a little down compared to its usual lofty standards? This round will tell us the answer to that question.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure. Unioto seemed unbeatable in warmups (I know, don't drill me) but in their match versus us they seemed to get down very easily. If not for their 3 freshman I'm not sure they would've beaten us...but the righty Overly girl was just amazing and the lefty was very good as well,adjusted to every single set and just did not miss a hit all night. Then in game 3 they had Emily Ward dressing varsity for the first time and the young lefty served 14 straight points....most of them destroyed by #3 for impressive kills. I think Warren will beat them if they play pretty well.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

You got a good read on the Shermans.
Only they ran 4 freshman at you guys. the other one plays only back row.
Majority of the time the Shermans have 3 Freshman on the court and very seldom have less then two.

I think the mix of the younger girls with the older ones is why this team runs so HOT and then COLD.
The first set was pretty typical match of this team but they are capable to play much better as they did in the third set.
Last edited by Xtoxxviii on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I got Warren vs Unioto in the First Division 2 District Final

The other one is a little harder to pick but I will take

Athens vs Waverly in the Second Division 2 Final

In Division 4 I will take the favorites:

Reedsville Eastern vs Waterford

and

South Webster vs Beaver Eastern

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah, the first set was crazy at like 11-2 with the one girl hitting a soft lofted shot on the serve and we couldn't get half of them over the net.....but from there we pulled back 19-18 before falling. During that run Unioto had no life and a very negative court demeanor....but regained it. But most every gain of momentum was from a freshman. Any stats on how many kills Overly had?

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Again a good read on the Shermans demeanor in that first set. If they can get past the mental laps they could make a nice little run in the tourny and they are doing better at that aspect of the game.

SVCsportszone has the freshman stats as:
Emily Ward (U): 20/21 serving, 5 aces, 3 digs
Alexis Overly (U): 12 kills, 9/9 serv rec, 5 digs

no mention of the other two freshman in the stats But I know Taylor Overly had a few kills and Neff had a sweet back row attack in the 3rd set

Full box score from svcsportszone:
Unioto def. Jackson
25-19, 25-19, 25-5
Lady Shermans win Sectional Championship
Lauren Stout (U): 34 asts, 10 digs
Emily Ward (U): 20/21 serving, 5 aces, 3 digs
Brittany Moore (U): 16/16 serv rec, 13 digs
Alexis Overly (U): 12 kills, 9/9 serv rec, 5 digs
Hannah Miller (U): 7 kills, 10 digs, 2 blks
Sydney Coman (U): 7 kills, 3 aces, 3 digs
Jamie Hyden (U): 6 kills, 2 blks

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

Athens starts 2 freshman, 1 sophomore, 1 junior and 3 seniors. This has been the starting line up for the last few games. They have two 6'2" middle hitters. I think Athens will need to clean up some play but should play well against Westfall. Athens is a much better team now then at the beginning of the season. They did beat Waverly in the preseason but I'm sure they have improved as well. It is going to be a lot of fun watching these teams play.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

In D4 the finals will be Eastern R vs Waterford and then Webster vs Eastern B. I think both Eastern schools win and moves on to Regionals.

For Eastern Beaver, they play 4 juniors and 4 freshman in their rotation. So this is probably one of the youngest, if not the youngest, rotation in the whole district. This could be a good billing year for getting some experience for the younger players.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I think the Beaver Eastern v South Webster contest will be a great match-up. I am hoping that South Webster's schedule will help them and have them ready for the Eagles. The Lady Jeeps have to take care of South Gallia first though and I am sure they will be ready for us on Thursday.

Last year Webster started 2 juniors, 3 sophomores and 2 freshmen and it showed at the end of the district final vs Waterford. This year those 2 seniors and 3 juniors and 2 sophomores are more experienced and battle tested. The last 2 weeks of the regular season the Lady Jeeps might have played the toughest schedule in the District regardless of division playing Wheelersburg, Waverly, Nelsonville, Alexander, Huntington and Valley all who won Sectional titles in Division 2 and 3. There will be nothing thrown at them at the district level that they haven't seen.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Division 3 Match-ups are set for the Districts:

The Plains 1 District at Athens High School

Tuesday, October 25th 6:00

#1 Adena vs #4 Alexander

followed by

#2 Zane Trace vs #3 Valley

Winners play Saturday at 4:00 at Athens High School for the right to advance to the Logan Regional

The Plains 2 District at Athens High School

Wednesday, October 26th 6:00

#1 Nelsonville York vs #4 Northwest

followed by

#2 Huntington vs #3 Wheelersburg

Winners play Saturday after the First match at Athens High School for the right to advance to the Logan Regional

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I agree. Webster can't overlook South Gallia. I think Webster has a tougher game than Eastern by far. Going to be some exciting games! Only the games themselves will choose the winners, so we must wait to see. Great to see 2 teams who played at the very beginning of the season play again in tournaments.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

As long as South Webster wins I think it is an advantage to play a tougher opponent. When is the last time Eastern played someone who truly made them work? Perhaps Southeastern Ross on 9/19? And, I know it is not Eastern's fault their conference is down----just an obstacle for them to overcome.

Reedsville Eastern will be in a similar situation when they advance to Regionals.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

svbt1112 wrote:As long as South Webster wins I think it is an advantage to play a tougher opponent. When is the last time Eastern played someone who truly made them work? Perhaps Southeastern Ross on 9/19? And, I know it is not Eastern's fault their conference is down----just an obstacle for them to overcome.

Reedsville Eastern will be in a similar situation when they advance to Regionals.
I agree! Like run-n-gun said on the other thread " Clay on Thursday another easy win!" they are not being pushed. A little off subject but if you out class your opponent by so much why would you post a thread like that? It wasn't even in response to any other commen, just thrown out there. I think it's in very poor taste! Let's go lady panthers make them earn it!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

In any way am I saying that Clay is horrible or anything, it's just Eastern is that much better. I wish some of the SOC schools Eastern plays were better. Clay is supposed to be our toughest conference opponent, but they struggle to score 10. Hopefully they come out and manage to return and receive the ball well to help prepare.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

svbt1112 wrote:As long as South Webster wins I think it is an advantage to play a tougher opponent. When is the last time Eastern played someone who truly made them work? Perhaps Southeastern Ross on 9/19? And, I know it is not Eastern's fault their conference is down----just an obstacle for them to overcome.

I totally agree. I would much rather be challenged before. Our sectional game will most likely be roughly the same as our first district one.

Return to “Volleyball”