Club Tryouts at SGHS Nov 16

allaces1
Freshman Team

Club Tryouts at SGHS Nov 16

Post by allaces1 »

Crown City Side Out Volleyball Club tryouts Sunday Nov. 16 at South Gallia High School 1:30-4:00. Info posted on OVR.org. Possibility of teams from 13 under to 17 under. SG, RV, and GA are all getting new facilities. Preparing for the future by starting clubs in their area now.

lefty
Freshman Team

Re: Club Tryouts at SGHS Nov 16

Post by lefty »

Why start a new program in the county when you already have a program? Money wasted!

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

none
Last edited by allaces1 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

We have not had a club team in Gallia. I think it is great that someone is taking their time to start a club and try to get all kids involved.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

bettis, there has been a club team in Gallia County for at least 6 years. Check it out! Starting a new program will just take away from your budget. If the Priddy lady had it last year, contact her about using her association. This will save you the extra money you will need in the latter part of the season.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Heather Priddy's club is out of Jackson. Or that is where we played last year. Please get me the information about Gallia's assoc and I will have Shriver look into it. Sorry to be ignorant, but I have not seen or heard of a club team in Gallia.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

bettis, talk to ms priddy and tell her you want to have a team out of gallia county. All the extra money you have in starting a "new" program will raise your cost. Just have your age group play out of gallia, not jackson. You only need "1" director for a small organization of 5 or 6 teams.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

TRYOUTS TOMORROW...SUNDAY NOV. 16 1:30--4:00 AT SGHS.
TRYOUTS OPEN TO ATHLETES FROM ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES INCLUDING MASON AND CABELL COUNTIES IN WV. Should arrive by 1:15 to allow at least 15 minutes for paperwork and orientation.

Crown City Side Out Volleyball Club tryouts Sunday Nov. 16 at South Gallia High School 1:30-4:00. Info posted on OVR.org. Possibility of teams from 13 under to 17 under.

sweetslams
Waterboy

Post by sweetslams »

it is a very good thing that this new club is being started.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Sweetslams, it is nice to get some support.

Thanks

Two teams formed yesterday, one 15 and under and one 16 and under. Still looking for a few more 17 and under kids. Hope to get that team formed soon.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I think the idea was great and a success. The guy running it knows alot about VOLLEYBALL. He gets enthused and passionate about the sport. He would be a great coach if they would let administrators do that sort of thing. I wish he could coach!!!

allaces1
Freshman Team

Crown City Side Out Volleyball Club 17s Team

Post by allaces1 »

C.C. Side Out Volleyball Club 17s team coached by Chris Williams looking for an additional player. Player currently in grade 10 or 11. Prefer a DS or setter, but will consider another hitter, prefer an OP.
Check ovr.org for contact info.
Three Gallia Academy varsity players and three South Gallia varsity players.
Thanks

lady rebel fan
Waterboy

Post by lady rebel fan »

Go CC SIDE OUT girls Can't wait to watch you girls play.

sweetslams
Waterboy

Post by sweetslams »

I hear that CCVBC is having great sucess. I think a good decision was made by starting this club. Congrats on opening options for Gallia County.

Good Luck
Last edited by sweetslams on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Sweetslams,
We appreciate your support.

Success is determined by how hard girls work in practice and dedicate themselves to improving. Also, whether those who are to be leaders take that to heart and realize that to be a leader your need to motivate others. MIND YOUR TONE.

Our teams have not even been to a tourney yet. Success is not measured in the number of girls playing for a club. CCSOVC was formed out of the need for flexibility and also formed as alternative to SEOVC. CCSOVC was not formed to spite or compete with Priddy's club. Had the club not been formed, many of the girls playing now would not have participated simply because of flexibilty and location.

Coach Priddy has worked hard for her club and it helps her players. She has had several players from her club go on to college. Her clubs may not finish in the top fifty at the end of the season, but I gaurantee you the players have improved tremendously and their local programs will benefit greatly.

BTW, SEOVC has two teams: a 16 and a 17.

CCSOVC wishes SEOVC the best of luck and an injury free season.

sweetslams
Waterboy

Post by sweetslams »

I agree with that. I never said Priddy was a bad coach, I've watched her make many good decisions as a coach. She is a very good coach with her knowlege of the game. I like the fact that she is willing to sit with a girl in practice and do something over and over to help her improve. I watched her do this with a few hitters last year. I got to go to one of her team's tourneys last year and I began to form disagreement with her at this point because when the season for her club began, it was stated that her club would have sunday practices only; to avoid conflict with other spring sports. I was told by another parent that she started having middle-of-the week practices for one of her older teams. I was told that one of these team members was involved in softball on tuesdays and she was cut in tourney playing time. If this is true then that's not fair.

And yes, I also know that nomatter where her clubs are ranked the girls will improve tremendously, as will anyone who plays a sport more often. "Practice makes perfect".

Good luck SEOVC.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Tourneys start this weekend. Good luck CCSOVC 15s Black at Maysville. You are a 15s in 16s tourney...so play hard.

Also, CCSOVC 17s have a safe trip to Athens for your scrimmage.

CCSOVC15s Pink...work hard at practice on Sunday.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

How did the 15's do today?

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Finished 5th out of 11. Made it to the gold bracket. We were pleased with them today. For a combo team of 9th and 8th graders playing in a 16 tourney they did well.
It is not about winning it is about improving. Picking a particular skill we want to focus on and seeing it work in a game.
A lot of positives...but we need to work on serve receive and passing. See you at practice on Sunday.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Sounds like they did really good for their first tournament.

Return to “Volleyball”