Eastern (Meigs) Eagles - 2012

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Eastern (Meigs) Eagles - 2012

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Meigs and Eastern Pike when rolling are not be able to be controlled by Fairfield and Whiteoak.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The Eastern/Waterford district championship match has been changed to a 5:00 PM start.
The change is reflected on the district's web site DIV bracket.
Last edited by hardfowl on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Ironman92 wrote:Eastern Meigs and Eastern Pike when rolling are not be able to be controlled by Fairfield and Whiteoak.
?
I believe when you win a volleyball game 25-2 it is not as much a reflection on your play as it is a reflection on the other teams weakness. If you honestly believe that easterns won their games by 25-2 because they were on a roll and man handled the other, you are delusional. I believe the statement should read "Fairfield and Whiteoak when imploding are no match for the easterns." I really like it when players and fans are proud of defeating a worthy opponent in a tough contest but find it very very disgusting when fans or teams gloat over huge margin victories knowing the win had more to do with the other teams weakness than their own skills. Come on guy clean it up and have a little respect!

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

To all you players at the two easterns and to your fans I appoligize if I made it sound like you have fans without class. Judging from the name "Ironman92" and most of his post I beleive he is from Jackson. I will say that I have never read nor heard any demeaning remarks or post from people at either eastern. They have great programs and conduct themselves with class. My comments were directed toward an individual "Ironman92" and should not be taken as being directed at either easterns fan base.

crashnburn
Waterboy

Post by crashnburn »

Esully, sounds like sour grapes to me. Your comment makes no sense. You can't take compliments away from a team just because the team they played couldn't compete. Both Easterns rolled over there opponents, that's the truth, and is what ironman said. If I'm reaching you could perhaps take offense to digger's comment asking if the other team even stepped on the court. Ironman didn't even mention the scores when talking about their performance.

crashnburn
Waterboy

Post by crashnburn »

Esully, sounds like sour grapes to me. Your comment makes no sense. You can't take compliments away from a team just because the team they played couldn't compete. Both Easterns rolled over there opponents, that's the truth, and is what ironman said. If I'm reaching you could perhaps take offense to digger's comment asking if the other team even stepped on the court. Ironman didn't even mention the scores when talking about their performance.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

crashnburn wrote:Esully, sounds like sour grapes to me. Your comment makes no sense. You can't take compliments away from a team just because the team they played couldn't compete. Both Easterns rolled over there opponents, that's the truth, and is what ironman said. If I'm reaching you could perhaps take offense to digger's comment asking if the other team even stepped on the court. Ironman didn't even mention the scores when talking about their performance.
Ohh noo you got me all wrong! I have no affiliation with whiteoak or fairfield. I have never even seen fairfield and have only seen white oak once in five years. The outcome of either contest was well known prior to the games being played.

1. I am not taking any compliment away from either Eastern, great kids, great programs. Knew they were going to win and win big.

2. Diggers comment does not offend me in the least, it was actually more accurate. The incredible score of 25-2 has little to do with either Eastern and more to do with their opponents inability to compete.

3. I did not take offence to Ironman saying the Easterns rolled over their opponents. The point is Ironman stated "Eastern Meigs and Eastern Pike when rolling are not be able to be controlled by Fairfield and Whiteoak." as if Fairfield and Whiteoak did everything they could to counter but the Easterns were just too overpowering. The actual facts of the game were (I wasnt even there and I know this to be true) Easterns opponents gave those games away, not all of them but the ones ending like 25-2. I would bet that 18-20 of the pionts for Eastern were un-earned.

Let me put it to you this way. I have seen this over and over and it is really sad. Two teams face off against each other first serve 2 girles look at each other and watch the ball hit the court for an ace. Next serve "OUT OUT OUT" it lands in another ace. Next serve, short serve...six girls form a campfire ring and watch it hit the floor for another ace and so on and so forth. The team wins 25-6 and the winning team is cheering great job girls keep it up. Tell me, "Keep what Up?" the opponents are giving it away. I have heard our girls after a game like this and I here nothing like "They could not control use once we got rolling!" what I hear is "That was embarrasing, I am so embarrased for them.".

Im sorry for ranting on, I guess my generation sees things differently. My generation is from long before trash talk and errogance. Back in a time when you didnt kick the dog when he was down. When you were prideful of what you accomplished but did not take credit for what was given away to you. When you beat your rivel three straight set @ 25-23 you proclaimed you victory from the highest mountain but when your opponentgives it up to a score of 25-2 you shake hands at the end of the game and it is never spoke of again. We would never have gone on a public site and stated that once we got rolling our oppenents could not control us.

Just the way I feel and I thought I would let Ironman know. No sour grapes just a different definition of good sportsmanship.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Esulley, each of the Eastern teams have had their share of lopsided sets over the years. The teams and their fans know well, exactly what you described, the emotions that are associated with them. Neither program or fan base feels elated at their occurrence as they fully understand the situation. This year's tourney had a match in the Cleveland area in which the scores were something like 5, 0 and 0. I know each VB fan shared the same emotions, as you described, when they saw that outcome.

In this case and for the little that it is worth, I felt that you over-reacted to I-92's post.

My bet is that both Eastern teams has had their last terribly lopsided victory for the season.

I hope that each team plays their best VB of the season down the stretch. Go Geen!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol....what the heck esully? You have to really be looking to have gotten that from me saying what I said.

First of all...Eastern Pike and Eastern Meigs IMO are the two best teams in the 70 schools of our district....to me, even if they aren't playing their very best they are still "rolling"

Second of all, what was Whiteoak going to do differently to make it better?

Thirdly and most importantly....I live in Jackson and teach at WHITEOAK. My post was the utmost compliment towards Eastern Pike and Eastern Meigs, they are unbelievably good, especially for two tiny schools.

Ridiculous.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Want to thank all the teams involved with the game time changes on Saturday. The girls were really hoping to get to watch the soccer team play. I just hope the soccer team does the same for the girls!!! lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Esully63 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Eastern Meigs and Eastern Pike when rolling are not be able to be controlled by Fairfield and Whiteoak.
?
I believe when you win a volleyball game 25-2 it is not as much a reflection on your play as it is a reflection on the other teams weakness. If you honestly believe that easterns won their games by 25-2 because they were on a roll and man handled the other, you are delusional. I believe the statement should read "Fairfield and Whiteoak when imploding are no match for the easterns." I really like it when players and fans are proud of defeating a worthy opponent in a tough contest but find it very very disgusting when fans or teams gloat over huge margin victories knowing the win had more to do with the other teams weakness than their own skills. Come on guy clean it up and have a little respect!
It's hilarious how wrong you were with this post. I wasn't delusional...I was right. How was Whiteoak imploding? What was Eastern Pike doing wrong?

I don't need to clean it up...I was at the game cheering on Whiteoak and have had all of those great kids in class over the years. Their first volleyball experiences were with ME. Pretty tight I'd say, yet I still made a statement completely in compliment of the OPPONENT.

I was very careful in my wording to not offend anyone over two 25-2 games, unfortunately you must've been waiting to pounce on anything negative about Eastern.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Our Eastern Eagles (Reedsville) are happy with the time change also. It will enable the team and the fans to get back for senior night festivities at the rival football game against Southern that evening.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

I'm sorry, with my apologies I thought I made it clear this had nothing to do with Eastern. As I stated in my day we would never have mentioned it again. I never was, as you say jumping on eastern, I wish we had more easterns to make the regulars season more worth playing!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Esully63 wrote:
crashnburn wrote:Esully, sounds like sour grapes to me. Your comment makes no sense. You can't take compliments away from a team just because the team they played couldn't compete. Both Easterns rolled over there opponents, that's the truth, and is what ironman said. If I'm reaching you could perhaps take offense to digger's comment asking if the other team even stepped on the court. Ironman didn't even mention the scores when talking about their performance.
Ohh noo you got me all wrong! I have no affiliation with whiteoak or fairfield. I have never even seen fairfield and have only seen white oak once in five years. The outcome of either contest was well known prior to the games being played.

1. I am not taking any compliment away from either Eastern, great kids, great programs. Knew they were going to win and win big.

2. Diggers comment does not offend me in the least, it was actually more accurate. The incredible score of 25-2 has little to do with either Eastern and more to do with their opponents inability to compete.

3. I did not take offence to Ironman saying the Easterns rolled over their opponents. The point is Ironman stated "Eastern Meigs and Eastern Pike when rolling are not be able to be controlled by Fairfield and Whiteoak." as if Fairfield and Whiteoak did everything they could to counter but the Easterns were just too overpowering. The actual facts of the game were (I wasnt even there and I know this to be true) Easterns opponents gave those games away, not all of them but the ones ending like 25-2. I would bet that 18-20 of the pionts for Eastern were un-earned.

Let me put it to you this way. I have seen this over and over and it is really sad. Two teams face off against each other first serve 2 girles look at each other and watch the ball hit the court for an ace. Next serve "OUT OUT OUT" it lands in another ace. Next serve, short serve...six girls form a campfire ring and watch it hit the floor for another ace and so on and so forth. The team wins 25-6 and the winning team is cheering great job girls keep it up. Tell me, "Keep what Up?" the opponents are giving it away. I have heard our girls after a game like this and I here nothing like "They could not control use once we got rolling!" what I hear is "That was embarrasing, I am so embarrased for them.".

Im sorry for ranting on, I guess my generation sees things differently. My generation is from long before trash talk and errogance. Back in a time when you didnt kick the dog when he was down. When you were prideful of what you accomplished but did not take credit for what was given away to you. When you beat your rivel three straight set @ 25-23 you proclaimed you victory from the highest mountain but when your opponentgives it up to a score of 25-2 you shake hands at the end of the game and it is never spoke of again. We would never have gone on a public site and stated that once we got rolling our oppenents could not control us.

Just the way I feel and I thought I would let Ironman know. No sour grapes just a different definition of good sportsmanship.

So according to what you just said I assume you'll be apologizing soon. If anything you are taking away from the Eastern girls. Yeah, of course Whiteoak shanked a lot of serves from Eastern's 1st two servers. But they were completely overwhelmed. Whiteoak was 15-6 going into that match....knocked off a 15? win Notre Dame team at Notre Dame. They didn't play a team all year away from their side of the district. They had no idea how good Eastern was...it was overwhelming. Whiteoak has had 1 girl play club in the last 3 years.

Eastern was clearly better and it was known...you going through how those teams keep getting fooled on serves is kind of kicking them....were you defending them or just trying to take away from Eastern?

Good Luck to you guys against Eastern! I came last year and watched a tremendous match of very high level SE District D4 volleyball. My daughter was the libero for Jackson and had a very good season with a nice postseason honor....but she struggled against Eastern Pike and South Webster....why? Because you guys have two of the better teams around and obviously serving is very strong. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to Saturday's contest as I have to accompany my girls XC team to the regionals.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Back to Eastern Meigs....good luck against Waterford.

Sorry for the distraction.

crashnburn
Waterboy

Post by crashnburn »

Remember, in volleyball for the other team to only score 2 points, that means the winning team has little to no errors. Even if the other team did nothing right, the most errors Eastern had was 2. That is a feat in itself. Heck, we usually don't miss less than 3 serves a match.....had 14 serving errors Tuesday night. Then there are attacks in the net/out, ball handling errors, passes into the net, etc. I guess that's where my mind was during all this.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Does anyone know FOR CERTAIN when this game starts? We are now being told 5:00 is the start not 4:00?

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Ironman, my last words are "I am neither taking away from easterns accomplishment or defending white oak!". I am merely saying that for me I found the comment unwarranted and in poor taste! That's my opinion! I would be more open to the post I see from others that merely congradate the girls after a lope sided win and make no other mention of the opponents ability to score, defend, or likewise compete! Sorry if my opinion has bothered you so!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You assumed I was posting for the victors, when in fact I was for the team that was defeated handily.....I was the complete opposite of arrogance.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

OSHAA website has the Eastern Meigs/Waterford game starting at 4:00. We were told the SW/Eastern Pike game would start around 6:00.

Return to “Volleyball”