SVC...2012 who wins it?

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: SVC...2012 who wins it?

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Main Man wrote:X,
The scary part is most teams in this league are young as well. Huntington, ZT, Piketon, Westfall
are all very young along with your shermans. I still think Westfall is going to stick around in the top 2. ZT is a very well coached and athletic team. Huntington is warming up and Adena isnt going anywhere either. The "U" may be 1 year away. SE is disappointing with alot of seniors. PV and Piketon have work to do. This league is very tough. Just going on what ive seen so far. Whatta ya think "X"

I'm with ya Man Main man. This league is very good and will be even better the next two years.

ZT is strong and will return a lot next year. 
The coaching staff has done an excellent job installing the new program and appears to have all on board with the direction the program needs to move.

Adena is solid. What may seem to be  set back this year will only make them stronger. They are very powerful in the 8th grade and is still the program to best.

The huntsmen will lose a lot this season, granted. But the freshman class at the township is as good as any freshman class ever. Plus the lady Huntsmen have a very special player in the pipe-line we all will be talking about soon enough.

Westfall has a bright future as well. Their freshman class is as talented as Huntingtons and Curry is a POY candidate.

I don't know what to say about SouthEastern. Dresbach, Gobal, Arledge, And Mercer can go toe to toe with any underclassmen in the league.

I like Piketons coach. She just has an up hill battle as I don't think volleyball is as important to the village as other sports.

The former Sherman, coach Whittle has her work cut out for her at Paint Valley. Again a good young coach. Her biggest challenge will be to get the young ladies of the Paint Valley school district to be half as passionate about the sport as she is. If she can do that then the  Bearcats will be challenging for the league in the next few years. 

My take on the Shermans is slanted. I have been watching this sophomore class since they were in the fifth grade. I think they are the greatest ever, but I know I have "Barn Eyes" for them.

I guess the best thing to do is just sit back and enjoy the ride these SVC athletes are going to give us the next several years.

X-OUT

goldenboy10
Waterboy

Post by goldenboy10 »

Watch out for the shermans

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Is ZT for real? This was a question asked to SVCsportszone.com and we answered it in our volleyball coverage this week. We also talked Unioto - a team I watched twice last week...here is the link...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk091012

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Showdown in the Huntington Hills tonight with ZT coming to town.........

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

Big match-up tonight as unbeaten Zane Trace (6-0) travels to once-beaten Huntington.

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

According to www.wkkj.com, ZT up at Huntington 25-21, 25-18.

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

ZT sweeps Huntington. Pioneers must be for real!!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Westfall in 5 over Unioto
25 to 22 Unioto
17 to 25 Westfall
25 to 19 Unioto
17 to 25 Westfall
9 to 15 Westfall

Cobb is a very good and smart player. 
I did not have a roster but I don't think Curry was there tonight maybe somebody could straighten the old X out on that. My mind is not what it once was....
I really like the intensity of the Mustangs coach. 

The Sherman's drop their fourth match of the season again to one of the better squads in the southeast district. However if the Sherman's want to be mentioned as one of the top teams in this district they are going to have to start winning these games, especially at home.

It don't get any easier for the Sherman's as they have Adena at Adena Thursday.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Zane Trace beats Huntington in 3 at Huntington...Wow

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Just went back to check my post on August 17th and i think i got it right. Zane Trace is the real deal folks! Westfall is big but slow and quickness on defense will wear you down in 5 sets if it goes that far. ZT can grind it out for a five set match and have an athletic team that just keep pressing you. If you don't put together 3 to 4 point runs on them when it gets to around 17/18 points they will win because they can sideout.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Tuesday night scoreboard in the SVC...http://www.svcsportszone.com/volleymain12.html

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

With Coach Merriman and her staff at ZT, you knew they'd get the Pioneers going. ZT has a tradition of good athletes, all they needed was a strong leader for the program and for the girls to buy in. I watched them against Westfall and was impressed. A solid unit that works well together.

Curry is out with an injury for Westfall. Westfall has a nice tall front and good serve-receive. Just need to bring it every point. Coach Lightle does have some good fire, as a poster commented earlier.

Adena doesn't quite have what it has in the past, but those girls work their tails off, are strong fundamentally and you can never discount a team led by Coach Smith.

Should be a very interesting race. Looking forward to seeing WF-ZT, part two here in the second half.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

The X must be drinking some purple passion punch after the big win at Adena tonight. Well done lady shermans.......HHS over SE......Westfall over Piketon......ZT over PV......ZT 8-0....

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Unioto over Adena in 5 @ Adena
21-25 Adena
12-25 Adena
25-23 Unioto
25-22 Unioto
18-16 Unioto

A big win for the Sherman's.

Tori Cox played her best match of the season for the Sherman's which made a huge difference in the fifth set.

Kurt Dawson played excellent for the Warriors and the Kennedy girl has an awesome serve. Adena is a classy group of young ladies who represent their school very well. Best of luck to the Warriors this season.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Main Man wrote:The X must be drinking some purple passion punch after the big win at Adena tonight. Well done lady shermans.......HHS over SE......Westfall over Piketon......ZT over PV......ZT 8-0....
Just the barley pop :12223

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

I just can't stand any more excitement in the SVC volleyball season. Who knows what will happen among the top four? All four could go deep into the tournament again.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Sheik Yerboutie wrote:I just can't stand any more excitement in the SVC volleyball season. Who knows what will happen among the top four? All four could go deep into the tournament again.
Sheik it was a big night in Frankfort for my lovely lady Tanks.

This was an instant classic that rivals such great Sherman accomplishments as:
The brothers Dave leading the Sherman baseball team to the Regional Championship over the Carl Wolfe led tornadoes of Racin Southern back in 83
or
Matt Combs dismantling the Zane Trace pioneers down in Waverly on the Sherman's 91 march to the State Finals,
The 87 Basketball Lady Tanks beating #1 ranked and unbeaten Peebles in the Regional Semi's on their way to the State Finals as well.
How about, I believe in 75, the Bearded Bobby Matson capturing the State Title in the shot when he put it out of the Columbus zip code.
The 88,89 (The Hill - McClellan Years)lady Tanks making the State in both volleyball and Basketball.
The 95 lady Sherman's lead by the mad bomber Eblin and current varsity assistant Natalie Miller Stulley.

Yes this was a victory that will go hand and hand with above accomplishments.
It was the biggest victory a Sherman squad has had in Frankfort since the Dwight Garrett coached Bald Skulz of 82 took the unbeaten and State Ranked Adena football squad in week 10 out behind the wood shed and laid a 21 to 0 shellacking on the play-0ff hopes of the Warrior nation. An Adena victory would have resulted in the first ever football play-off appearance by an SVC school.

The only question is what class gets to claim this victory? The Sherman's don't have a senior on the squad, only two juniors made appearances in the rotation. We have an ACE of a freshman server, the rest is Sophomores.
Oh well we will let the Frenchtown historians decide on that all I know is it was a great night to be a SHERMAN! 

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

Whoa X. You must be the actual dude in your avatar to be around to bring back all that history. But obviously not old enough to forget it. On the other hand, Sheik can't count to five. There are five teams in the SVC with very little difference between them....Zane Trace, Westfall, Huntington, Unioto and Adena. So congrats on the big win and keep that Sherman tank rollin!

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

X, throw a little love towards the Lady Tanks soccer program - 2010 team defeated #3 state ranked Warsaw River View 3-2 in 2OT in the Regional Semifinal. WRR was averaging 6 goals a game in tourney play. We won't talk about the Regional Final.. :122246

Best of luck to the Lady Shermans V-Ball team !

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Huntington heads north of the border into Logan Elm country tonight....Should be a good match.

Return to “Volleyball”