Who will be the top teams in 2009

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: Who will be the top teams in 2009

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Wizard, point taken. I guess we will find out next fall.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:They have a sophomore-to-be that is playing club ball right now...they'll be fine.

I'm fairly close to the Warren program, Cap'n Scoop, and I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about. Glad to hear that someone is setting club ball, tho, if this girl can develop well through club season, Warren should be in excellent shape with Fisher, Foy, Poage, Stauffer, and White all returning, not to mention versatile backup Cochran and upcoming sophomores Proctor and Rogers, and a darn good freshman class.

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

I'm close to the program too and I think they must be talking about the spence girl at setter. She is playing club and heard she will be able to take over where Mcmichael left off. I look for warren to be strong for the next few years.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You have to say Alexander will be the top tema in the area until some one knocks them off.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Goodluck to all Gallia Co teams....Gallia Academy, South Gallia, River Valley and Ohio Valley Christian School.

I am glad to see alot of these girls playing club ball. This is only going to make you and your teams better.

Goodluck on a safe and injury free season.

rebelgurl33
Waterboy

Post by rebelgurl33 »

South Gallia should have a great season next year...I\'m going to miss playing with the girls next year and with my younger sister, Crystal Adkins. I believe they can go far. Well as for next year for me, I\'ll be playing volleyball at either Wilmington College and Concord University. I\'m still undecided on which one to go to. But Good Luck to all the teams next year. Go Rebels....I\'ll miss you guys.
Lady Rebel # 9 volleyball

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

South Webster losses a lot but they have some returning players who will make a big impact and some incoming freshman who will make some noise. Look for them to surprise some people!

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

Watch out for Eastern Pike!
They will tear up next year.
Not only are they returning all of their team but they are also bringing up a few really talented freshman that should see some major playing time.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

alexander they are state champs

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

Cannibal, Alex lost too much from the State Championship team along with the coach. Unless some new talent "moves" into the school district, I would be suprized if they are a top team.

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

Alex just finished with the Jackson summer league. They played teams such as Jackson, Wheelersburg, Nelsonville, Athens, Vinton County, and Logan. They never lost a game. While there was good talent on the state championship team, some of that talent is returning this year and they appear to be a very balanced team with many offensive and defensive weapons. Look for them to win the TVC again and go deep in the tournament. Some of the reasons stated previously for Alex's past successes just will not pan out to be valid for this year's team. Go Alex!!

VBFAN#1
Riding the Bench

Post by VBFAN#1 »

BETTIS wrote: Goodluck to all Gallia Co teams....Gallia Academy, South Gallia, River Valley and Ohio Valley Christian School.

I am glad to see alot of these girls playing club ball. This is only going to make you and your teams better.

Goodluck on a safe and injury free season.

Where did the Gallia County Students play club ball at?

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Girls from GA, SG, RV, and OVC participated in the following clubs:

River City Thunder
Crown City Side Out
Southeastern Ohio Volleyball Club

OUBobcat
Riding the Bench

Post by OUBobcat »

Div II: Unioto, WCH, Marietta, Logan Elm

Div III: Adena, Alex, Valley, Wheelersburg

Div IV: Eastern Pike

VBFAN#1
Riding the Bench

Post by VBFAN#1 »

All Aces
Where is River City Thunder, Crown City Side Out, & Southeast Ohio Volleyball Club based out of?

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

well i think south gallia will be a very good team, they were 13-7, and they were mproving a lot at the end of last year's season!!!!! all the starters have played club ball and they only lost one senior and the brought back 4 of the six starters from last year!!!! and the girls still have Coach Burnette, and she is a great coach!!!!! so good luck girls i know you guys can go far if u BELIEVE!!!!!!! :-D

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Goodluck to Maggie Bostic at Gallia Academy, Hailee Swain and Ellie Bostic at South Gallia HS and Katie Bostic at South Gallia Junior High.....Have a great season.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

South Gallia was 17 and 5 last year. Coach Burnette is really working hard to build the program. 2 seniors, 1 junior, 2 sophs, and 3 freshmen round out the top spots for varsity this year. SG Junior High snagged a great seventh grade coach, former Marshall Libero Ashley Barnard. Ashley played four years at Marshall, served as an assistant coach for two years at MU, helped establish the River Cities Club Program, and has been coaching for Premier Volleyball Club out of Toledo.

Return to “Volleyball”