Alexander Volleyball?

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Re: Alexander Volleyball?

Post by AxGrinder »

Not sure you can say "struggled." What I've noticed is that Athens tends to play at the level of the opponent. The Alexander and Meigs games have by far been the best showings for the bulldogs.

They play Alex at home this week. Should be the best game of the season. Crowd should be big and loud.

Go Bulldogs!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Here they come crawling out of the wood work. Early in the season the NSA couldn't even find an Alexander fan on this thread, but they win a couple and here they come. Cheer and support your kids win or lose, regardless of who the coach is.

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

Should be the best game of the season

Agreed. Unlike another on here(SAME OLE BLAH BLAH BLAH), you have common sense and some tact. As far as I know, everyone has been behind Alex's girls 110% from the start. But I do recall this wasn't the case with some of the Athens "supporters" last year . viewtopic.php?f=16&t=53507

Go Spartans!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Another Alex loss, and the fans disappear! Imagine that.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

polpot, again I ask, What is your hangup with the Spartans???

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

No hang up, find me a post from an Alex person about the team before the coach was fired. You only come out on a win! Proof, Alex was swept 3-0 on Saturday by a quality Amanda squad, however not one "supporter" of the girls have bothered to discuss the match. That is called being fair weather, and I do not appreciate fair weather. I also don't like that with a couple of losses you dump on the Coach that was hired by your school administration and demand a change. A change that the Administration essentially says was due to her "doing" things differently than the last coach.

That is not what High School sports is all about, but nevermind now that you are playing with mostly Alex kids we are seeing real results.

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

Uh, look at above posts from June 18 and June 25. I guess you will ignore my link above about the Athens support last year, but many can recall the the disenchantment. As far as record this year, let's compare the teams Alex has faced versus those of Athens. What teams has Athens played this year that are looked at as being top contenders?
Alex was swept 3-0 on Saturday by a quality Amanda squad, however not one "supporter" of the girls have bothered to discuss the match.
Didn't know anyone wanted to discuss this past Saturday except I guess Pol Potty. I could care less as to what you think fair weather is. Yeah, AC was a much better team than any Athens has on their schedule. I don't believe Alex pads theirs to preserve a record. Jealousy does strange things to some. Are all of Athens' girls born in Athens and have only gone to that school? Sorry to disappoint ya Potty , but we don't believe Athens will be at Dayton this year. :-D

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

And I doubt Alexander will make it either.

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

Perhaps. Again-not that is relevent, are all of Athens' girls born in Athens and have only gone to that school? As to other teams at state , have all girls only attended their present school district since their beginning of school? This argument is old and ignorant. Our girls already have their state rings. Do yours? :mrgreen:

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Good for them. Time to move on. The game is Thursday. Should be a good one, or maybe not.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

BH1, not sure why you think I am an Athens fan, guess it shows how misgiuded you are. As for State Rings, if you live in the past you are not going forward. Congrats on their title however that was last year, and what 7 or 8 of 10 girls are off of that team! This is a new team, and that is a big part of the problem of some of you, you do not want to live in the present.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

I keep forgetting that the reason they got rid of the coach was because they weren't winning.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

The fact is the Spartans won the state championship with young ladies that wanted to attend Alexander schools. It not about living in the past, its about using the past to set goals for the future. The achievements of the ladies that graduated set the bar high. I know the girls on this team understand thats behind them and that will only fuel their desires to succeed. For all the negative people out there talking about last years ring that horse has been dead along time now. Its time to bury it. It seems you are the ones living in the past. Accomplishments like a state championship should be savored because there are very few teams each year that accomplish that feat.

Return to “Volleyball”