Local girls to play at next level

lefty
Freshman Team

Re: Local girls to play at next level

Post by lefty »

The Garnes girl from Meigs is still playing at U of Charleston.

Bird Watcher
Waterboy

Post by Bird Watcher »

thank you!

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

Alaina McAuley (spelling?) is playing at Wright State the last I heard.

truthalwaysgood
Waterboy

Post by truthalwaysgood »

lmfao wrote:Jordan Bateman played at Cleveland State University and is graduating this spring.
Whitney Maiden played at OU and is also graduating this spring.
Ashleigh Fitterer played at the University of Charelston and gradauted last spring.
All three are NY graduates.

I believe those girls were all 3 coached at Nelsonville by a former Rio Grande volleyball player from Nelsonville. That coach also coached at Trimble. She was a good athlete also.

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

I find it very interesting that the 3 girls from Nelsonville were all so successful at the college level - all playing for big colleges. If I remember correctly, they didn't get near the press that the girls from Alexander have received. I know they didn't win a state championship, but they were pretty awesome players. Any news on where the seniors from the state championship Alexander team will be playing? Any Division I schools looking at them?

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

IMK01 wrote:I find it very interesting that the 3 girls from Nelsonville were all so successful at the college level - all playing for big colleges. If I remember correctly, they didn't get near the press that the girls from Alexander have received. I know they didn't win a state championship, but they were pretty awesome players. Any news on where the seniors from the state championship Alexander team will be playing? Any Division I schools looking at them?

You have to live in the right part of the county to get good consistent press coverage. Maybe someone from Alex area works there or something.

Return to “Volleyball”