Who will be the top teams in 2009

warrensportsjunkie
Waterboy

Re: Who will be the top teams in 2009

Post by warrensportsjunkie »

bubbles wrote:yes, i am a warren volleyball fan! coach kidder has not confided to me about his next season. my guess he will have as good of a season as possible, wherever he is. he lost a lot of talented seniors at marietta. he has talented kids coming up and he knows how to coach them to the best of their abilities. i wish his team well wherever he is at, i just wish our lady warriors better!!! coach kidder left because he wanted to be in marietta, much closer to his home. we all have to make grown up decisions about our jobs, leave his alone. i wished he could coach my other daughter but i am not moving anytime soon.....

don't you mean coached..as in past tense

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Word out of Albany is Coach Jeffers will not be back next sason at Alex. He told them he was done last week.

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

:-D

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

warrensportsjunkie, not sure what you are getting at, I meant that I wish he had an opportunity to coach my other daughter, he left too soon....
if I have used incorrect grammar, so sorry

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

If Jeffers leaves Alex........

wow.

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

the recruiting is now on the eastern side of Washington county

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

With Coach Jeffers leaving, will one of the assistants take over at Alex?

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

I'll take

Adena in the SCOL
Waterford in TVC Hocking
Alexander in TVC Ohio
Warren in SEOAL for sure

Warren's coachs are involved in coaching club like Alexanders coach did and we only really lost our setter. we have a lot of kids that can pass the ball and our coachs will find a setter.

k k ann
Waterboy

Post by k k ann »

You are right, Coach Anderson is coaching club 18 wvjrs and Coach Fisher informed all the girls about club ball. I wish Warren a winning season! I do believe they will need to replace the libero along with a least one setter, two if they are to play a 6-2. I am sure there are many talented Lady Warriors up for the task! Best Wishes for a Successful Season!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

bubbles wrote:the recruiting is now on the eastern side of Washington county

ahahahaha...be careful, bubbles.

Warren has some talented 8th graders coming up, including at least one setter, and there are one or two current players that are talented enough to transition into the position if needed.

Libero, idk...

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

warren was not mentioned, nor implied. there are many others who are...

devilsadvocate
Waterboy

Post by devilsadvocate »

bubbles is once again stirring trouble. It must be a miserable life for you. And whswarrior is right, be careful because you never know whats being talked about in your own back yard now do you?

Hmmm trouble? Problems?

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

You guys crack me up!! Why this thread is better than a soap opera! In fact, I think we should rename it..."As The Keyboard Types!"...or maybe...These are the "Computers of our Lives!!" :lol: Good stuff, man, Gooood Stuff!!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

backinblack wrote:You guys crack me up!! Why this thread is better than a soap opera! In fact, I think we should rename it..."As The Keyboard Types!"...or maybe...These are the "Computers of our Lives!!" :lol: Good stuff, man, Gooood Stuff!!

Hahaha I almost fell out of my seat when i saw that, and yes the thread title should be changed.

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

south gallia had a very tlented team last season ,and they will soon be preparing for another great season, they are def. one of the top teams in the area. i heard that almost all of their players are participating in club volleyball, and club really helps to improve anyone on their skills, i can tell a big improvment with the starters that played club last year!!!!!

sweetslams
Waterboy

Post by sweetslams »

I agree with sg rebel23, South Gallia will have a very strong team next year. They lost four seniors and only one recieved acknowledgeable playing time. They will have five returning starters and four of the five are participating in club along with several other team-members who weren't starters in the 2008 season. I think South Gallia will be wanting to make an impression and recieve a sectional title for the first time. South Gallia will be coming out strong having that the 2008 team set three new school records including most consecutive regular season wins, best overall season record, and highest sectional seeding position. There will be a reasonable step-up in team leadership and with Coach Burnette's encouraging coaching habits the girls should have a very sucessful season.
Last edited by sweetslams on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren will be fine at the setter position.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:Warren will be fine at the setter position.

Who do you see filling that role??

They ran a 5-1 last year from what I remember so whoever steps in will have no varsity setter experience, unless there is a move in.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

They have a sophomore-to-be that is playing club ball right now...they'll be fine.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:They have a sophomore-to-be that is playing club ball right now...they'll be fine.

Playing club ball will not guarantee success the next year in high-school. Good Luck.

Return to “Volleyball”