Athens beats Meigs in 5 games

Gib25
Varsity

Athens beats Meigs in 5 games

Post by Gib25 »

Athens defeated Meigs 25-16, 25-23, 23-25, 19-25, 15-7. Both teams played hard, made many great digs and gave easy points to their opponent. It was a fun match to watch. I believe both teams have two league losses and still have two matches to play, including Alexander.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens beats Meigs in 5 games

Post by 93Bulldog »

'Dog 64 - Meigs is 14-3 overall and 7-2 in the TVC-Ohio now ... Athens is 10-7 and also 7-2 ... Both teams (If it really matters) still has to play the star studded Spartans one more time.

The game was indeed a dandy, with Athens blasting the Marauders for a 2 games to 0 lead behind #6 Cindy Willis, who is as solid ball striker as you will find outside of Albany and sophomore Shawna Whitehead, who really came up big from the service line and with consistency tonight on her kills ... It seemed only a matter of time until she improved enough to be a real attribute to the Bulldogs.

Junior Allison Schoeppner was big all night, she collected I believe around 10 kills and 4 blocks and served somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 points with 4 aces.

Cindy Willis, always great registered around 15 kills, served for a bunch and had at least 3 or 4 aces.

Caity Willis played great as did Jayne Seymour (both juniors) and (both freshmen) played well I thought, Gracie Slayton - Who deserves the same creditations as Whitehead above and Eliza Christensen had really nice digs on some heavy hitting Meigs kill attempts.

The Athens team is quite impressive for being such a young group, once they cut down on the unforced errors that plague them - which will happen as more games and practices go by - their is no reason why they can't contend with Alex next year for the TVC-Ohio trophy.

BUT, They will have to put in the amount of practice time alex does and they will have to improve all off season - they do that, they can win it.

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

A nice win for Athens !! They should tie for second in the TVC. Sounds like a very exciting Game !!!

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Just putting in time won't do it. You need good instruction and quality time if you want to get better. After watching the kids from Athens the last few years I'm not sure the current staff can take them to the next level.

Return to “Volleyball”