TVC

side_out
Waterboy

Re: TVC

Post by side_out »

No surprise here. Alex wins 25-16, 25-15, 25-12.

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Meigs was not undefeated going into the Alex game.
Gallia Academy beat them on Wednesday.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I have seen almost all the teams play now and I would have to say:

1) ALEX - definitly!
2) Athens - (If they beat meigs at home coming up)
3) Meigs
4) Nelsonville
5) Trimble/Fed Hock/Eastern

spartacat
Freshman Team

Post by spartacat »

With the second half of the season beginning this week I'm going with:

TVC - Ohio
1. Alexander
2. Meigs
3. Athens
4. Nelsonville-York
5. Vinton County
6. Wellston
7. Belpre

TVC - Hocking in which Fed, Trimble and Eastern are in, I have no idea. I would say that Eastern should win that league.

Go Alex!

mainetime
Waterboy

Post by mainetime »

Trimble beat Eastern the other night.
If the tomcats win out, they should have a good shot at the title.

Logan_fan08
Waterboy

Post by Logan_fan08 »

I've been seeing a lot of comments here about the Athens squad. I saw them play here a while back at their tournament, and they should be real strong here the next couple of years. They got a lot of talent in the freshman class. I bet their JV team could take the varsity. Their middle hitter has to be at least 6'3". If the Athens varsity coach don't want her, I'm sure us folks in Logan would :122245

DawgDave
Waterboy

Post by DawgDave »

My guess is she'll end up at Alex before it's all said and done. There are probably two or three others
that would follow her....if anyone cares. She's a very good basketball player too from what I have heard...and Alex went pretty far a year back in that sport too. Her older sister was leading scorer on the varsity last season
and they would be a great one-two combo.

Say what you what but I think good teams AND good academics helps a school and gives kids
pride in where they go to school, even the whole community benefits. Look at Katie Smith and Logan!
Good think she never went to Athens....

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

My guess is she'll end up at Alex before it's all said and done. There are probably two or three others
that would follow her....if anyone cares. She's a very good basketball player

DawgD,
I find it interesting how differently the OHSAA (http://www.ohsaa.org/general/about/Bylaws.pdf) elgibility exceptions now read compared to last year. It is still quite convoluted but a couple highlights are; additional emphasis on the transfer's status as ineligible until eligibility is declared by the commissioner and parents will have a new address within the public school district or the transfer will be watching for a year. The elgibility exception consisting of a gentleman's agreement between neighboring public school district superintendents is gone.

It appears these changes are intended to reinforce the OHSAA position that public school transfers lose a year of participation in sports. Most kids are probably not willing to sit out for a year.

Say_It_Ain't_So
Waterboy

Post by Say_It_Ain't_So »

So what actually constitutes establishing that a student has moved to the new school district? A piece of paper stating they have moved? A rental agreement? Gas / electric bill?

I seriously doubt that anyone is really going to check that the family has moved. Thus the only way it will be checked is if someone reports the violation. And while the school and the student violating the rules should be punished, what about the other young student athletes at the school who are playing by the rules that will possibly be secondarily punished?

I haven't heard of anyone losing his or her eligibility locally over the last several years.

I guess what I'm saying in a long winded way is that those who wish to usurp the rules and recruit will and the young student athletes that enjoy the feeling of being wanted by another school will move on.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

S_I_A_S, I agree with you. There does not seem to be any enforcement program associated with the OHSAA rules. I've said it before; it is an association and the good guys respect the rules and the bad ones bend or ignore the rules knowing that there is little risk of any consequences. That being the case, it is nice to see that the governance of the OHSAA are focused on the abuse indicated by the rule changes in the transfer eligibility criteria.

Eastern wins at River Valley tonight in 5; 23-25, 25-17, 25-15, 20-25 and 15-10.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

After seeing every team in the Hocking, it will come down between Waterford and Trimble

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

Fed Hock is better than Waterford.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

i8al wrote:Fed Hock is better than Waterford.

Based on what? Records favor Waterford.

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

Waterford may have a better record than Fed.
However when you whatch the two teams play, Fed Is much more impressive. They are quick, and very scrappy..

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

"much more impressive " ???? are you serious ?? did you see the belpre scores or the warren scores ? i havent seen any team that federal is "much more impressive" than. Waterford should win the hocking with trimble and eastern close behind..... then the rest including federal, miller and southern in no order.

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

And I thought Waterford handled Fed. Hock. in 3 games? Am I mistaken? :?:

InIt2WinIt
Waterboy

Post by InIt2WinIt »

No, you are not mistaken. Waterford won again in 3 games tonight. Great job ladies.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Eastern Eagles take both JV and V matches in straight games tonight at home over Southern. The Eagles have Gallia Academy at home tomorrow.

Bird Watcher
Waterboy

Post by Bird Watcher »

I havent been keeping up with the TVC-Hocking...
What are the current standings as of now?

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Anyone have the Waterford v. Southern Score or the Eastern Reedsville v. Miller Score?

Return to “Volleyball”