Boys Volleyball in southeast Ohio?

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Boys Volleyball in southeast Ohio?

Post by boy of summer »

Will boys high school volleyball ever come to se ohio?

sball32
Riding the Bench

Re: Boys Volleyball in southeast Ohio?

Post by sball32 »

um i don't know if that would ever happen. Usually only the big schools have boys volleyball..but you never know

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I wish it would come to southern ohio because it would be perty awesome!!

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Question-if a boy wanted to play volleyball and boys volleyball is not offered at his school, but girls volleyball is, can he play on the girls team. Girls do play on boys football teams in Ohio since there is no girls' football.

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

I actually looked into this a couple of years ago. I asked around and tried to get some answers. From everything I gathered I think that legally a school would have to allow a boy to play on the girls team. If a school does not offer a girls sport that is the same as the boys sport (ie Football) then a girl has the right to be on the boys team. The same has to be true in reverse. I'm surprised more boys haven't asked to play volleyball. Can you imagine how loaded some schools could be if they had a couple of 6'3" athletic boys playing on the team?

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Well ya see that legally they're supposed to allow anyone on any team,BUT the thing is they dont.The school always does something to get them away from playing on the team by doing something to mandate or regulate them.Sad but true.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Rules are different for boys v-ball than girls v-ball........ Boys net is about a foot higher than girls net, hence no boys on girls team........A myth to title IX... does not have to be equal... there is a formula to be looked at ... and rules of the game... there are no rules that would keep a girl from playing football................. :12224

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

If a chick can play football than a dude should be able to play volleyball.

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

abuck76 - Boys volleyball is not sanctioned by the OHSAA so it would not be the rules differences keeping boys from playing on girls volleyball teams. For the most part the rules are the same. Biggest difference being that in boys games, contact with the ball below the waist (kicking) is legal.

Boys play on a net that is 7 & 1/2 inches higher than the OHSAA girls net.

crouching_tiger
Waterboy

Post by crouching_tiger »

Would the boys wear spandex hahaha :122249

normalix
Waterboy

Post by normalix »

What are the best exercises for volleyball and basketball? Volleyball and Basketball are my sports. I love to play them and I also would love to be in shape before their seasons start. Does anyone have any tips on how to build up some major muscles for either sports? I would really appreciate the help! Thanks in advance!
Also, what are good exercises for your core?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I saw something on ESPN about this not too long ago. A good-sized boy was playing on a girls' v-ball team and he'd actually had to take the case to court and what-not so he could get to play.
If girls can play football, why can't boys play volleyball? What's the matter? They scared? :122249

Return to “Volleyball”