Coaches attire

Pirate4Life
Riding the Bench

Re: Coaches attire

Post by Pirate4Life »

I am a Christian and I find nothing wrong with spandex. I wore spandex and at first was hesitant about them but I grew to love playing in spandex. I understand girls are self conscious about their bodies especially in high school but if the spandex aren't those that are a little more than underwear, I see no problem with athletes wearing spandex. I am assuming you are among those who find it inappropriate for female track athletes to be out running in their sports bras but think guys running without shirts is just fine. I love how the debate went from coaches to the athletes. Whats next, are we going to start criticizing what the athletes wear off the court or the attire of the officials?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Last time I checked there was supposed to be a separation of church and state and yet we mention christian beliefs when talking about a state sponsored sport. If you find a girl wearing spandex inappropriate then dont look at it!!!!!...if they abide by the rules set forth by the OHSAA they should be able to dress however they want unless their parents dont want them to dress a certain way or they have team rules setting a dress code.

Seems to me that we both put ourselves before others so why are you complaining??...you seem to be putting your morals before those of others. If the boy or girls wants to dress a certain way for a track meet or any other sporting event then more power to them. We can sit here saying that how others dress morally or not but remember that how we view things changes with time. Not to long ago we wore frilly shirts and women wore clothing that revealed nothing nothing but their face and forearms.

Religion is an iffy subject so it should be kept out of this topic.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

well said rm.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

The Riepo Man wrote:
Eaglesnest wrote:OK, point taken in track. How does it impact volleyball? Point is this...your right to an "advantage" stops if it is abusive or obscene to others. Track is outside and spectators are rarely that close to the athletes. Girls volleyball is close quarters.

Why don't basketball players wear spandex? Isn't it an advantage to be quicker on the court?

Girls race on the same days as guys do and some guys wear speed suits and you can see "everything" in those and yet Ive heard no complaints from "emotionally distraught" people. If we listened to every 80yr old religious woman then we would have no sports at all because something in them would strike her as inappropriate. Athletes are their to compete for themselves and their teams regardless of how they look in the eyes of others. When I throw discus I have to wear really really short shorts and even though I wear spandex under them I couldnt careless what others think because they have no input on how I handle myself on and off the track.

What about swimmers why are they allowed to wear tight swimsuits and speedos??? Its the same frickin concept! The less resisitance the faster you will go. Nobody wants to see a 15-18yr old boys wedding tackle but its a part of the sport :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think all those who are offended by how athletes dress should keep it to themselves. Maybe Im offended by them, they ever think of that. Maybe I see them all dressed up in their t-shirts and jeans thinkin how dare they wear that! :roll: :lol:
Your wrong! This is The United States and a person has every right to be heard. I don't have to keep my beliefs to myself and won't.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:
The Riepo Man wrote:
Eaglesnest wrote:OK, point taken in track. How does it impact volleyball? Point is this...your right to an "advantage" stops if it is abusive or obscene to others. Track is outside and spectators are rarely that close to the athletes. Girls volleyball is close quarters.

Why don't basketball players wear spandex? Isn't it an advantage to be quicker on the court?

Girls race on the same days as guys do and some guys wear speed suits and you can see "everything" in those and yet Ive heard no complaints from "emotionally distraught" people. If we listened to every 80yr old religious woman then we would have no sports at all because something in them would strike her as inappropriate. Athletes are their to compete for themselves and their teams regardless of how they look in the eyes of others. When I throw discus I have to wear really really short shorts and even though I wear spandex under them I couldnt careless what others think because they have no input on how I handle myself on and off the track.

What about swimmers why are they allowed to wear tight swimsuits and speedos??? Its the same frickin concept! The less resisitance the faster you will go. Nobody wants to see a 15-18yr old boys wedding tackle but its a part of the sport :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think all those who are offended by how athletes dress should keep it to themselves. Maybe Im offended by them, they ever think of that. Maybe I see them all dressed up in their t-shirts and jeans thinkin how dare they wear that! :roll: :lol:
Your wrong! This is The United States and a person has every right to be heard. I don't have to keep my beliefs to myself and won't.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

InTheStands
Waterboy

Post by InTheStands »

I believe a coach should at least wear a school shirt. I have seen coaches in dress shirts and if you saw them in a crowd at a tourney you would never know which team they coached. I definitely think tennis shoes are a must. Be realxed and coach intense but show your school pride.

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

You are kidding me right? These coaches are on the court setting, passing and hitting to the girls between games, before games and sometimes even after to help a player with a question. What should they wear? This is in non airconditioned gyms with little or no breeze. They are fine, get a different hobby this one is non productive.

Return to “Volleyball”