Tournament Draw this weekend

Esully63
Freshman Team

Re: Tournament Draw this weekend

Post by Esully63 »

run-n-gun wrote:
Esully63 wrote:
run-n-gun wrote:In D4, Eastern Beaver should've been seed 1. No questions asked. But in the long run, aka Regionals, they will get the better end if the deal. Beaver will get to play Newark Catholic, who they beat last year. Reedsville will have to play Shekinah Christian, who they also beat last year. Overall Beaver got the better end of the deal I think. But we will see.
Eastern Beaver should have been #1 seed? Reedsville has one loss early in the season, plays a tougher schedule, beat Beaver to move on to the final four last year and has made a pretty consistent habit of knocking Beaver out of the tourney whenever they meet! Could you explain why you feel Beaver should have received the #1 seed over Reedsville? Lets not forget You cried Beaver should have been #1 seed last year over Reedsville and we see where that went! I am not saying Reedsville is better, they may get to play each other and find out, but I am saying "There is no logical reason to take the #1 seed away from Reedsville.". Enough sour grapes, two years in a row complain complain, let just play.
I just feel they're more deserving. Not saying Reedsville isn't. You can only play the games on your schedule. It's up to you to win the games. Reedsville does have a tougher schedule. But at the same time, can you hold Beaver accountable for the poor excuse of a conference they play in?

But looking ahead, I highly doubt these teams meet in Regionals again. One, if not both, may those their first game. Over the summer, I heard Beaver played both Shekinah and Reedsville. From sounds of the games, Shekinah will be a handful at Regionals for Reedsville.

You can't hold it against Beaver for playing in the conference they are in but if you want to be the man you have to beat the man. Just saying Reedsville is on top right now and there is no indisputable facts to sway the votes away. I thought going into the draw that this was a fordrawn conclusion and that there would be no complaints. I was wrong...happens quite often! lol

Anyways, good luck to all teams, and hopefully the Easterns can keep a private school from state.
You can't hold it against Beaver for playing in the conference they are in but if you want to be the man you have to beat the man. Just saying Reedsville is on top right now and there is no indisputable facts to sway the votes away. I thought going into the draw that this was a fordrawn conclusion and that there would be no complaints. I was wrong...happens quite often! lol

Judging from your last comment you already ahve both Easterns in the regionals? You better make sure everyone gets the memo, I heard there were teams gunning for both of you!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Reedsville will play either Waterford or Clay, who they should beat. Beaver should play Webster. If scores on ohsvca are correct, Beaver beat them pretty good at beginning of season. Of course that was beginning of season, this is the end of the season.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

run-n-gun wrote:Reedsville will play either Waterford or Clay, who they should beat. Beaver should play Webster. If scores on ohsvca are correct, Beaver beat them pretty good at beginning of season. Of course that was beginning of season, this is the end of the season.
If the scores on the what are right? I think you know exactly what the scores were. I'd be willing to bet you were there! Lol You make me laugh! Hahahaha

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Ohsvca.net

25-14, 17, 13.

The game was in august. I doubt anybody at any game could remember scores from august for volleyball.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Ironman, why such an attitude against Eastern Meigs? One thing I have learned over the years is to not form opinions based upon scrimmages. As far as the seeding, it really doesn't matter which Eastern club is the #1 especially since each of them are in eastern group of teams, sending each of them to opposite brackets.
Eastern Meigs had one 3-set loss to Marietta and then turned around and beat Waverly that same day on their way to claiming their fourth straight Athens tournament.
The two squads did play for the regional finals last year, won by EM in three with the match getting less competitive as it progressed with EM dominating by its end. EP did return everybody this year, but nothing indicates that 2012 EM Eagles are not stronger than the 2011 edition.
Neither team has any regular season competition, a reality that, in my opinion, really hurts their effort to be as good as they can be. Each team has a ridiculous amount of sets with the opponent scoring in single digits.
I will be surprised if these two, Shekinah and NC are not in the regional. Shekinah is always tough. NC was the least of the teams last year, but they are having grand success this year with an impressive schedule.
I will enjoy a rematch for the region championship between the two E-teams. If it happens, let the team that wins, win their last two matches too!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Cobweb, loved the last sentence. Any team from the southeast that has success is great for the area. I'd love to see both Easterns knock out the privates again for a regional final rematch.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Reedsville Eastern beat Shekinah at Harvest Prep during a scrimmage. Beat them easily. Not saying that they haven't improved throughout the season. Would love to go back to State again! One game at a time.
Last edited by middlechild on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

If one of the two Easterns can make it out to state, they should be competitive. Can't remember exactly, but did Reedsville struggle in one of the sets against TCC at state last year? I know playing TCC at state isn't too fair as they've made that very routine. Hopefully jitters and nerves aren't a factor this year. Its a huge stage to play on, and one accomplishment to be proud of.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Cobweb wrote:Ironman, why such an attitude against Eastern Meigs? One thing I have learned over the years is to not form opinions based upon scrimmages. As far as the seeding, it really doesn't matter which Eastern club is the #1 especially since each of them are in eastern group of teams, sending each of them to opposite brackets.
Eastern Meigs had one 3-set loss to Marietta and then turned around and beat Waverly that same day on their way to claiming their fourth straight Athens tournament.
The two squads did play for the regional finals last year, won by EM in three with the match getting less competitive as it progressed with EM dominating by its end. EP did return everybody this year, but nothing indicates that 2012 EM Eagles are not stronger than the 2011 edition.
Neither team has any regular season competition, a reality that, in my opinion, really hurts their effort to be as good as they can be. Each team has a ridiculous amount of sets with the opponent scoring in single digits.
I will be surprised if these two, Shekinah and NC are not in the regional. Shekinah is always tough. NC was the least of the teams last year, but they are having grand success this year with an impressive schedule.
I will enjoy a rematch for the region championship between the two E-teams. If it happens, let the team that wins, win their last two matches too!

Where did I show any attitude whatsoever towards Reedsville Eastern? I simply think EP is ever so slightly better....my biggest problem is how the sectionals work. When you have a sectional with numerous teams from the same league and another team from 60 miles away without league affiliation it's rarely not shady. In this case Reedsville Eastern has a #1 seed type resume along with EP but everyone knows who will get the higher seed. Like last year both team are Final 4 hopefuls.

Howie is the best communicating volleyball coach I've seen. I enjoy watching him go about it during any teachable moment.

This will be another very interesting postseason and one of these two will be playing in the Final 4 again.....but I do not like the seeding process. I much prefer one large sectional.

Good Luck to everyone!

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

what a bunch of sensitive nonsense. jesus people he said it multiple times already about forgetting eastern was moved over to the other sectional. what's so hard to understand? looking for anything to jump on that might be negative to your teams?

p = positive
n = negative

pppppppppppppppnpppppppppppnpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppnpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppnppppppppppppppppppppp

I bet some of your eyes went straight to the n's.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Ironman - last year, EM presented at selection Sunday undefeated having only lost 1 set through the season. They seeded 2nd behind, who else, Eastern Pike. Howie musta made all the TVC coaches angry last year or EP was high riding on their previous year's success.
Three cheers for the Eastern Eagles!

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Hey Red, go get another beer!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Cobweb wrote:Ironman - last year, EM presented at selection Sunday undefeated having only lost 1 set through the season. They seeded 2nd behind, who else, Eastern Pike. Howie musta made all the TVC coaches angry last year or EP was high riding on their previous year's success.
Three cheers for the Eastern Eagles!
I could see Howie doing that. Lol

Which Eastern Eagles? lol

Hope your girls represent the SE District very well again.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Cobweb wrote:Hey Red, go get another beer!
You still harboring hurt feelingz? I'll be nicer.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Jeez people! Stop the nonsense! If we get any team from the southeast to Dayton it is a great for the whole district. Let's stop the trash talk and just support your teams!

felix22
Waterboy

Post by felix22 »

GO BEAVER!!!!!!!!!

felix22
Waterboy

Post by felix22 »

Esully63 wrote:
run-n-gun wrote:In D4, Eastern Beaver should've been seed 1. No questions asked. But in the long run, aka Regionals, they will get the better end if the deal. Beaver will get to play Newark Catholic, who they beat last year. Reedsville will have to play Shekinah Christian, who they also beat last year. Overall Beaver got the better end of the deal I think. But we will see.
Eastern Beaver should have been #1 seed? Reedsville has one loss early in the season, plays a tougher schedule, beat Beaver to move on to the final four last year and has made a pretty consistent habit of knocking Beaver out of the tourney whenever they meet! Could you explain why you feel Beaver should have received the #1 seed over Reedsville? Lets not forget You cried Beaver should have been #1 seed last year over Reedsville and we see where that went! I am not saying Reedsville is better, they may get to play each other and find out, but I am saying "There is no logical reason to take the #1 seed away from Reedsville.". Enough sour grapes, two years in a row complain complain, let just play.
That was last year.

felix22
Waterboy

Post by felix22 »

middlechild wrote:Reedsville Eastern beat Shekinah at Harvest Prep during a scrimmage. Beat them easily. Not saying that they haven't improved throughout the season. Would love to go back to State again! One game at a time.
Well my friends said they beat Reedsville easily during the summer. But Shekinah beat them bad too. So Beaver.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

felix22- what team was that?

felix22
Waterboy

Post by felix22 »

middlechild wrote:felix22- what team was that?
Beaver beat Reedsville and lost to Shekinah.

Return to “Volleyball”