Eastern (Meigs) Eagles - 2012

middlechild
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern (Meigs) Eagles - 2012

Post by middlechild »

Reedsville Eastern beat the Lady Wildcats in 3 tonight! District champs! Congrats ladies!!

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Pike Eastern vs Newark Catholic at 6 p.m.

Reedsville Eastern vs Shekinah Christian at 7:30 p.m.

Both matches Wednesday at Lancaster HS.

Same four teams were in Lancaster regional last year, including a pair of semifinal rematches.

Eastern and Eastern won last year to get to regional final.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

In the words of Yogi Berra, It's Deja Vu all over again.
Hoping that's the way it is on the court at Lancaster HS through next Saturday.
Go Eagles!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The regional semi-final match can be heard live on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

Well Cobweb old friend it has been a few months since we chatted this summer and I see that both Eastern teams have had great seasons. One loss between both teams is quite impressive. I'm glad to see that both teams will be competing for the Regional Championship and a trip to the final four. I hope TCC gets a chance to make it to the final four this year again. With a little luck, we will squeek by and get to the big dance. Hope to see the Geen and White again in Dayton. TCC has an undefeated Thompson Ledgemont on Wednesday, hear they have a phenominal OH. Nobody has given us much of a chance this year either, with our four losses. Should be fun for the next week or two!

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

TooEZ, haven't read much from you during the year. I have been following your team this year and hope all is well with you and the Saints. My bet is that they are Tourney Ready. Central Christian does have a great record, but their schedule difficulty does not look like it compares to TCC's. I wish the best VB fortune to TCC in the regionals and beyond.

Though I do not know anything about Eastern (Pike Co.) other than what is gleaned from SEOP, I find it interesting that the two Eastern squads share more than their name. One of the commonalities is the extreme weakness that exists in their schedules. Schedules like these have to limit any teams development, offering a greater challenge to come to the region/state level competition as well prepared as teams with a common winning percentage through a more competitive volleyball season. At the region-semis, I hope that each of the Eastern squads affect a strategy that will allow them to perform at a level, starting with the first serve, near the top of their game. It's a given that their competition will. The level of play at the Sweet 16 is far beyond what either of these teams has seen all year, except for some of the summer scrimmage events.

As I said before I hope our Eagles are able to match last year's team in total number of losses. If that does not happen, then my next desire in Div 4 is that TCC finishes the season with only 4 losses. Ledgemont's schedule does not shine with high competition either, but the matches need to be taken one at at time.

As you said, should be a great week for watching and rooting for our favorite VB teams!

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Game day Lady Eagles! Lets go out there and show everyone how you can play! You can do this! One set at a time. We are all very proud of you girls! Keep it up. Play tough, play smart, play to win!!

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

TEAM, all that what Momma Middle said X 10!!!

GO EAGLESIII

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

First time in 54 matches (two years) that Eastern didn't win at least one game in a match.

Pike Eastern - 2010 district final - was the last before Wednesday night. At 51-3 over that span, that's ridiculously impressive.

Great season. Thanks for your efforts.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

:aaaaa26 Congrats to the Lady Eagles & Coach Caldwell! Your team is an inspiration to watch. They play with their hearts on every play. Sure they have let-down mements just like every other athlete in every other sport but they are true champions in every aspect of the game. If you didn't get to see this program play in the last 2 years you missed one of the 2 best teams in SE Ohio volleyball history. Regarless of EHS being a D4 school, this program the past 2 seasons has only been topped by the Alexander 3peat run they had. The 4 senior ladies, be proud of what you have accomplished the past 2 season, you were a joy to watch! And for the underclassman, continue the domination & keep the tradition of the Green & White rolling strong!

Return to “Volleyball”