'12 SOC THREATS

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

'12 SOC THREATS

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Who do you think are 2012 SOC threats this year?

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Re: '12 SOC THREATS

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Got to see some teams down at the Spikefest at Shawnee. Eastern has their returning players and looked very strong. The Day girl looked good after coming back from surgery. Their middle hitter, I believe is a junior, was very good as well. Waverly gave them a good run in the championship game. The Wigit player from Waverly was a very impressive outside hitter and should contribute a great deal and their setter, Hall, did well distributing the ball. I was told they have a younger middle that will contribute a great deal to the team and will probably step up to replace the senior spot from last year. I don't know her name. Wheelersburg will give some good competition this year as well. Valley at this point did not look as strong, but they have always done well in the past. For Division II, Waverly seems to be very deep with players and Division IV should be Eastern.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Without a doubt Eastern will go undefeated in SOC I play once again. Their toughest challengers will be Clay and Notre Dame, and those won't be close.

In the SOC II, I think it comes down to Waverly and South webster once again.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Once again Eastern will win SOCI. The only one I see even coming close to them will be maybe Clay.

SOCII will be between South Webster and Waverly. Saw SW in a scrimmage today and their defense was running really smooth. Still have some bugs to work out but things look really good. Haven't seen Waverly yet this year but their program has become really strong. Will wait until previews to see what the other teams look like.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

I agree that Clay would be in the running to giving any competition to Eastern. . Saw them at a scrimmage and they have vastly improved. The Hopkins girl will contribute a great deal to the team this year. Haven't seen South Webster this year either, but they're normally very strong. They have several girls who play club. I know they lost some key players such as the Scott girl, but they usually have a strong bench. Waverly should still be strong this year with only losing two seniors. I think Martin and Wigit will step up even more this year.

Velocistar237
Waterboy

Post by Velocistar237 »

If Clay had more players like Hopkins on their team they would be claiming the SOC title. It's a shame her talent has to be limited.

Return to “Volleyball”