Adena summer tournament

2EZ
Waterboy

Adena summer tournament

Post by 2EZ »

Who will be at the Adena summer volley tournament this year? TCC has won the tournament the last two years and will be strong again this year. Adena will lose their big middle, what do they have coming back? Wheelersburg was down last year. Eastern Pike...what do they have coming back? Can Eastern get to the regionals again this year. Reedsville Eastern will lose 6 or 7 seniors, do they have anything coming back? Let's hear it!!!!!!!!!!

favabeans
Varsity

Re: Adena summer tournament

Post by favabeans »

When is the tourney?

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

The tournament is Saturday July 7th.

crashnburn
Waterboy

Post by crashnburn »

So far these are the teams I see being a part of the tourney:
Adena
Chillicothe
Reedsville Eastern
Bishop Ready
Tuscarawas Central Catholic
Unioto
Shekinah Christian
Meigs
Logan Elm
North Adams
Pleasant

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

Here are my predictions for this tournament:

TCC - smokes everyone
Bishop Ready
Shekinah Christian
Adena
Chillicothe
Reedsville Eastern
Unioto
Meigs
Logan Elm
Pleasant
North Adams

Let's see who is ready early in the summer. Good luck to all teams and I hope everyone stays healthy. A DIV semifinal rematch between TCC and Reedsville Eastern would be fun to see.

crashnburn
Waterboy

Post by crashnburn »

Pool A – Court 1 (Main Gym)

1 Adena

2 Logan Elm

3 Harvest Prep

4 Meigs

5 Alexander

Pool B – Court 2 (Main Gym)

1 Reedsville Eastern

2 Huntington

3 Pleasant

4 Tuscarawas Central Catholic

5 North Adams

Pool C – Auxiliary Gym

1 Eastern Pike

2 Chillicothe

3 Bishop Ready

4 Shekinah Christian

5 Unioto

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Unioto has its work cut out for them in pool C

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

looks like pool B will have a rematch of the DIV state semi-final match between Reedsville Eastern and TCC, should be an interesting and exciting match. Also, TCC vs Eastern Pike may be a preview for the 2012 state semi-final match, both teams have lots returning from last year.

Can anyone put the Division (I, II, III, or IV) for each team? Looking to see who will be the big boys in this tournament.

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

TCC is looking good at their summer league. Beating Dover and New Philadelphia (both DII, New Philadelphia 1 girl away from DI) in every game played.

TCC is looking forward to this scrimmage, their first of the year for them. With Pickerington North and Padua Franciscan on their schedule this year, TCC will have to be ready to play error free volleyball all season long.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

If that is the same Pleasant that Chillicothe played last year at the Dublin Scioto tournament look out. They are very good.

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

"If that is the same Pleasant that Chillicothe played last year at the Dublin Scioto tournament look out. They are very good."

Who won? That was last year-who returns for each team?

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

Crash can you give an update of the teams that will be at this tournament? Have any other teams joined or have any teams droppedout? Are the pools the same?

You seem to have all of the information about this tournament as usual! Thanks

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

Here is some additional information on the teams in this tournament. I got their 2011 records off of MaxPreps so if they are not exactly accurate don't blame me!

Pool A – Court 1 (Main Gym)

1 Adena (D3 2011 record 24-4)

2 Logan Elm (D2 2011 record 8-15)

3 Harvest Prep (D4 2011 record 7-4)

4 Meigs (D3 2011 record 2-10)

5 Alexander (D3 2011 record 7-9)

Pool B – Court 2 (Main Gym)

1 Reedsville Eastern (D4 2011 record 27-1)

2 Huntington (D3 2011 record 11-7)

3 Pleasant (D3 2011 record 22-3)

4 Tuscarawas Central Catholic (D4 2011 record 25-4)

5 North Adams (D3 2011 record 13-8)

Pool C – Auxiliary Gym

1 Eastern Pike (D4 2011 record 25-2)

2 Chillicothe (D1 2011 record 14-8)

3 Bishop Ready (D3 2011 record 8-5)

4 Shekinah Christian (D4 2011 record 20-3)

5 Unioto (D2 2011 record 18-6)

There will be some very good teams at this tournament. I would think that Marion Pleasant and Adena would be the favorite to win this tournament, along with the big boys Chillicothe and Unioto. Good D4 teams TCC, Shekinah Christian, Beaver Eastern, Reedesville Eastern.

I'm picking TCC and Pleasant in the championship match with TCC taking the championship.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Good homework 2EZ. Best match of the day will be in pool B the 2nd game when Pleasant takes on Tusky Central Catholic. That may very well be your final again at the end of the day. With combined records of each pool from last year teams Adena should win Pool A easily ( 48-42 record of teams ) and Pool B will come down to that 2nd match i just mentioned ( 98-23 record of teams ) and Pool C may be the most interesting to watch as all 5 teams parity is the best pool ( 85-24 record of teams ) Bishop Ready is always a top level team and play a bruising schedule in Columbus so their losses are usually to the Coffman, Watterson, Bishop Hartley teams. Should be a fun day of good volleyball.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

So that means Adena has half of the total wins in their bracket.....Thats funny..............

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Main Man, that is one of the advantages of being the host team. Nothing funny about it, by design, Adena plays in the championship bracket.

The "B" and "C" pools should be good pool volleyball, too bad they are not in the same gym.

One thing for sure is that the playing field is not level at summer tournaments, some teams have extensive programs that get all the play in allowed within the rules and other programs are administered as part-time endeavors. The more full-time programs are always much more competitive in summer tourneys. The difference is that these programs will arrive, Saturday, season-ready and use the season to get end-of-year tournament ready.

Does Adena HS have power?

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Pool A is clearly designed to put Adena through to the championship round. Pool B should be very competitive. TCC will be good of course, but what have they lost? Same with Reedsville and Pleasant? Huntington will get some good action in against these teams. Looking forward to a TCC/Reedsville rematch. Then Pool C looks to be the most balanced to me. D1 Chillicothe, D2 Unioto, D3 Bishop Ready, then 2 D4 teams in Beaver and Shekinah that both made Regionals last year. Looking forward to this day of volleyball!

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

Wow-finally glad to get some interest generated on this site. Though we are not from SE Ohio we always run into the quality D4 teams from SE Ohio in the tournament. Some of these matches have been barnburners! TCC has been lucky enough to come out on the winning end most times. Our program (athletes and coaches) are dedicated to wining state. The next 2-3 years we should have as good of chance as we'll ever have. The horses are there, we just need a little luck on our side. And this is for Cobweb-We respect the SE Ohio teams and it is good to see you will be around again to chat this year.

TCC lost three seniors from last years' team. Two were strictly passers and one girl hit outside and passed. The OH will be hard to replace. However, all of our girls played JO this year (Klars VBC-our 17R team took 1st place in the OVR with only sophomores and freshmen team members). We have one girl recovering from knee surgery. Our summer league play was pretty strong. Overall, It is my opinion that we will be better this year than last year. We have an incoming junior that was 1st team All-Ohio as a sophomore-she does a little bit of everything for the team (hits, passes, sets, serves), and around her are several skilled girls who have played lots of volleyball at all levels. The two seniors on our team have been to the final four for 3 straight years, so even though we are young we are experienced. Our strength is our serving-all of the girls jump serve and it is very effective against most teams.

Obviously, Adena has the easiest pool-home court advantage-that's OK! I don't know what they have returning but the big middle is gone and she was a huge amount of their offense. In pool B, I look for Huntington and Reedsville to make some noise. I think Reedsville will be a little down from last year because they lost alot of leadership and talent. Pleasant had a quality win last year over Mohawk and lost to Bloom Carroll in 5 at Regionals. I could not find a 2011 roster for them. I do know they lost two 5'-11" hitters, not sure what else they have but they will be good I'm sure. Pool C willbe tough too! Eastern returns about their whole team, Ready will be good, and SC will be good too. Don't know really too much about Chillicothe and Unioto, but by their size I'm sure they will be good also.

Another poster said it earlier on this site. Whoever took summer league seriously will have an advantage on Saturday. I know that TCC will be trying different combinations of girls-especially passers-but want to win it all. Why else keep score? looking forward to a great tournament. I hope they will have those homemade chicken and noodles at the concession stand. last year they were awesome! Sold out early so get them before they are all gone.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Nice post. TCC is an outstanding program that has obtained loads of success the past few years. Would love to get to see them play against Beaver Eastern while at this tournament.

2EZ
Waterboy

Post by 2EZ »

run-n-gun: I agree that it would be fun to see them play. Last year both teams were at this tournament but they did not play each other. Like this year, Eastern was assigned to the auxilary gym. I tried to get there and watch them between the TCC matches, so I did see them a little bit. I noticed that they were breaking in a new setter (the lefty #22 graduated the year before) and were struggling a lttle bit.

By chance, were you at the regional final in 2010 at Lancaster? The match between TCC and Eastern Beaver that went 5 games? What a match, one of the best I've seen. Both teams were so evenly matched. Game 5 went 17-15.

Return to “Volleyball”