State pics

Swampfox
Freshman Team

State pics

Post by Swampfox »

It is my understanding that Julie Els, district player of the year, did not receive any state recognition. Watched this girl for four years, dont understand it. Played tough to the last point whether up or down. In her career, it was mostly up. Going to miss watching her play next year.

lefty
Freshman Team

Re: State pics

Post by lefty »

Hard to believe she didn't receive anything on the State level. It is also hard to believe she wasn't unanimous pick for POY in her league & District. Who votes for these honors?

getitoverthenet
Waterboy

Re: State pics

Post by getitoverthenet »

my daughter had 21 kills against alexander in the districts and she was recognized for was 2nd team soc 2 and 3 team all district for the season had 285 kills for season while being set ten times less a game than a senior to win the kills award and had 90% to 95% of them in ....somehow the better your season is, the more spots you get on the district and state teams .....which is kinda fair and kinda not because imho there are far better players left off .......such as Miss Els who for her heighth is very powerful as my daughter is too....but ...Alexander is a very good program and the club team is too ..and it is coaches who vote for the honorees ...and it's just that some of the coaches dont see alot of the other talent in the district and are going by word of mouth from other coaches

Return to “Volleyball”