2011 Season

Who is the best team?

Total votes: 0

run-n-gun
Varsity

Re: 2011 Season

Post by run-n-gun »

Yes, Athens was in my mind for this list. I tried to keep it short, and I made it very quickly without much thought.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I saw Athens several times. They are going to be very good. Beat several teams on that list in the summer. I know it is summer, but still they looked awfully good. Lots of size and experience.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Honestly, the only reason that I left Athens off the list, is because they just slipped my mind at the time I was putting the teams on the poll. I came up with those teams in less than a minute.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Eastern Reedsville is easily at the head of the class in the eastern part of the Southeast District after todays win at the Athens Invite. As usual, very disciplined and scrappy.

Warren Local has beaten 2 of the teams in this poll but dropped 2 straight to Eastern. They have also beaten 2 other teams mentioned in this thread so the Lady Warriors may make some noise if the keep improving.

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

Congratulations to Eastern on their champonship win. Definitely the two best teams plalyed for the championship. Eastern and Marietta played hard and it went down to the wire with no more than a 4pt spread in any of the three games. What more could you expect from Howie and Coach Kidder, two quality programs with two excellent coaches.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

Prep Fans remember one thing, Summer ball & scrimmages are just practice like the NFL preseason games, they don't count!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

What are you talking about

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly, Zane Trace and Greenfield are solid teams not on the poll.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Ironman92 wrote:Waverly, Zane Trace and Greenfield are solid teams not on the poll.
The poll is looking for the best team, not who is a solid team.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

trooper, just because you had a good summer team or a good day at a scrimmage, doesn't mean you have a good team. That is what I'm talking about. Your opponents coach may have been trying different things the day your team played them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Esully63 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Waverly, Zane Trace and Greenfield are solid teams not on the poll.
My sincere apologies for mentioning 3 other good teams made up of high school athletes from the area. Perhaps I should go study the rules to post on this site and especially the volleyball forum with attention to this very thread.

Btw....I voted for Adena, quite the limb I'm on with the others who voted for the perennial powerhouse of southeastern Ohio.

Jackson, Portsmouth, Gallia Academy, Vinton County, Meigs, Wellston, Hillsboro, Washington Court House, Miami Trace, Fairfield, Whiteoak, Lynchburg Clay, Manchester, Eastern Brown, North Adams, Peebles, West Union, Chillicothe, Circleville, Logan Elm, Sheridan, Fairfield Union, Crooksville, New Lexington, Westfall, Logan, Trimble, Federal Hocking, Southern, South Gallia, Symmes Valley, Miller, River Valley, Chesapeake, Fairland, Coal Grove, Ironton, Rock Hill, Ironton St Joe, Coal Grove, South Point, Oak Hill, Valley, Portsmouth West, Portsmouth East, Minford, Green, Clay, New Boston, Wheelersburg,
Northwest, Piketon, Western Pike, Paint Valley, Portsmouth Notre Dame, Southeastern and Unioto are all within 5 wins of the best team in the district....so we should lump them in as well.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern has already played season games..The tournament wasnt a preseason thing

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Esully63 wrote:
My sincere apologies for mentioning 3 other good teams made up of high school athletes from the area. Perhaps I should go study the rules to post on this site and especially the volleyball forum with attention to this very thread.

Btw....I voted for Adena, quite the limb I'm on with the others who voted for the perennial powerhouse of southeastern Ohio.

Jackson, Portsmouth, Gallia Academy, Vinton County, Meigs, Wellston, Hillsboro, Washington Court House, Miami Trace, Fairfield, Whiteoak, Lynchburg Clay, Manchester, Eastern Brown, North Adams, Peebles, West Union, Chillicothe, Circleville, Logan Elm, Sheridan, Fairfield Union, Crooksville, New Lexington, Logan, Trimble, Federal Hocking, Southern, South Gallia, Symmes Valley, Miller, River Valley, Chesapeake, Fairland, Coal Grove, Ironton, Rock Hill, Ironton St Joe, Coal Grove, South Point, Oak Hill, Valley, Portsmouth West, Portsmouth East, Minford, Green, Clay, New Boston, Wheelersburg,
Northwest, Piketon, Western Pike, Paint Valley, Portsmouth Notre Dame, Southeastern and Unioto are all within 5 wins of the best team in the district....so we should lump them in as well.
My sincere apologies if I have offended you! I greatly appreciate you coments concerning teams that are solid and I have no problem with coments on any team. I like to hear who is coming on strong this year or who is improving greatly, I even like to hear of strong players whom might not have a team that can help them get recognized. All I said was by your own words "Solid", the teams were not on the list. I may have misread your post as I thought you were asking why they were not on the list. As far as voting for a perenial powerhouse...well thats what usually happens when the poll is looking for the best. You are also correct at the begining of the tournement all teams are within 5 wins of the best team in the district, but that does not mean they all have an equal odds of getting there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No biggee. I understood the poll and the thread....just thought since other teams were left off the poll and then mentioned that I would also mention a few other teams. I've seen around 25 teams from this summer, scrimmages and early season. I've watched Eastern Meigs several times along with Eastern Pike....both very good but EP not as good as usual....at least when I watched them. EP and Zane Trace was a very competitive session but EP a little more consistent....but ZT looked very formidable during scrimmage time. Nelsonville and Alexander....very good. Waverly looked young but very good as well.

Now that every team in the district has been mentioned I can move on..lol

Return to “Volleyball”