Alexander @ ATHENS

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Alexander @ ATHENS

Post by AxGrinder »

Think this deserves it own thread.

Athens VB is at it's best in a long time. Coach Dyer has the team playing well together. IMO Athens takes this one in 4 with all sets being decided by 2 or 3 pts.

Gib25
Varsity

Re: Alexander @ ATHENS

Post by Gib25 »

Nelsonville TV Cable will be at McAfee Gymnasium to cover the match.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Not much action on this thread. But I am pretty certain there will be plenty of action in McAfee Gymnasium as the Spartans invade.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

Go Spartans!!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Hats off to the Spartans. Alexander utilized superior quickness and back row defensive play to offset the size advantage of my Bulldogs in a 3-1 route on the homecourt of Athens.

Passing and defense won this game along with a superior game plan. ( Tip it where they ain't)

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

That is kind of you Spartan. The match was a good one and the Bulldogs put up a good fight. Makes volleyball fun to watch when its played like it was. Both teams have nothing to be ashamed of tonight.
Way to go Spartans!

mongo
Waterboy

Post by mongo »

great job lady spartans!!! there was some great volleyball played tonight by both teams. alex passed the ball really well and had some great hits along with some timely tips in just the right spot, they also played with a lot of emotion and fire. once again great job and good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Does anyone have the scores from the game?

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Alexander wins 19-25, 25-16, 25-21, 25-22. Kayla Bartlett was everywhere playing the libero.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The kind words were sincere and deserved. Kayla Bartlett was awesome. No balls hitting the floor on her watch.

When it comes to rooting for our home town teams we are all a bit of a homer. That is ok, that is what makes us all human.

As for the Alexander and Athens rivalry. I think it is something both sides have always been craving, now that we are in the same league it is flourishing. I suspect we will push each other to higher achievements.

Lets just be respectful when it is over. The hype and smack talk is fun, but when it is over it is over.

I think the two sides will define each other. What a wonderful thing to have such a rivalry.

Maybe someday we will unite to defeat the Persians ( a little history joke) :-D

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

For the record, who is coaching the Spartans now?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jaime Welsh is the new coach ... she seems like a very nice gal after talking with her shortly after the match ... but her coaching appears to be pretty darn good because the Spartans executed an absolute perfect game plan ... not to metion they were emotionally charged right from the opening serve ... (but so was Athens I might add)

All in all, the game and atmosphere was awesome ... I plan to have a new blog entry dedicated to this match alone sometime this weekend on trivalleyconference.com ... We've got football tomorrow, but this game needs something written about it besides the article that will appear in Friday's paper ...

BTW ... if Thursday's game is a per-cursor of what to expect next Friday between Alex & Athens ... wow! Look out ATHENS COUNTY!!!!

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Anyone have the results of the JV game?

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

What is protocol for home and away uniforms in Volleyball? Couldn't wait to watch this contest on the cable and both teams were wearing dark uniforms. I know there are more important things in the world to worry about...just wondering.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Didn't make this game, but heard the Spartans played inspired and have gotten better. Congrats. I do love though the number of Spartans that crawl out after a win, but will not show up after losses. Be there for your kids win or lose. That has been my whole rant on this subject from day one. Kids deserve support at all times.

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

Apparently Pol Potty reads about as well as his/her ability to use correct grammar in the writings. Spartan fans have always been behind the girls; they protect and defend them from the ignorant and clueless bashers. Who besides PolPot hasn't supported the girls?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

JV GAME WAS:

Alexander - 9 25 12
Athens - 25 17 25

Athens wins 2-1.

Return to “Volleyball”