Northwest......1....1....0............0....1....0
Waverly.........1....2....0............0....1....0
West............0....1....1............0....0....0

Girls - - - - - - Overall - - - - - - - Conference
Minford.........2....1....0............1....0....0
Wheelersburg..1....0....0............1....0....0
Northwest......0....2....0............0....1....0
West............0....1....0............0....1....0

I will try and keep this updated the best I can. Any help with results will be appreciated.
Last edited by 4thgoal on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

wemufans
All Conference

Re: 2014 SOC Standings

Post by wemufans »

Could someone tell the Burg fans to please sit on their side of the field? It is very annoying to hear a shaker in your ear all night long for the visiting team! lol :oops:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

wemufans wrote:Could someone tell the Burg fans to please sit on their side of the field? It is very annoying to hear a shaker in your ear all night long for the visiting team! lol :oops:
Very few (if any) places use visitor side seating for soccer. I know Burg, Valley, Jackson, Waverly, etc. always have everyone on the same side. Maybe the Pointer fans need to be louder? :mrgreen:

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Sorry, but when I go to South Point soccer matches I always sit on the home side. The seats are so much more comfortable. There always seems to be more than enough room for both sets of fans.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

wemufans wrote:Could someone tell the Burg fans to please sit on their side of the field? It is very annoying to hear a shaker in your ear all night long for the visiting team! lol :oops:
I agree it is just common courtesy to sit on your own side. There were some fans with class who sat on their own side. If it is open then please use it. For years I have sat on some pretty crappy visitors sides but would never go sit on the fifty with my big cowbell on the home side of the other teams stands. When I have had to sit on the other side to tape my kids because of the sun I have kept the cheering to a minimum. I thought soccer fans would be the classiest that you could find?Guess not!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

OMG!!! Don't get me started... If you heard the shakers which btw are illegal, then I'm sure you heard the "Get it, get it, get it" Mom or the Dad that yells "Boot it" 27 times a game. Not the most knowledgeable soccer fans from Burg, they're more of a pigskin folk. None the less, they're devout supporters for their team which is admirable. :12223

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

bigbadwolf wrote:
OMG!!! Don't get me started... If you heard the shakers which btw are illegal, then I'm sure you heard the "Get it, get it, get it" Mom or the Dad that yells "Boot it" 27 times a game. Not the most knowledgeable soccer fans from Burg, they're more of a pigskin folk. None the less, they're devout supporters for their team which is admirable. :12223
The shakers are not illegal. You can have anything that is not powered by compressed air or outside power sources. Pep bands, vuvuzelas, cow bells, milk jugs, or anything of the sort is perfectly legal.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

My OHSAA rule book is a little dated. What about these though, are they illegal or legal? Screaming meemies, buzz bottles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippedy-doodas, crap flappers, whistling bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, Hüsker Düs, Hüsker don'ts. Cherry bombs, nipsy dazers, with or without the scooter stick... or one single whistling kitty-chaser?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

All are ok except the nipsy dazers....

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

Not too sure about wolfs post, but I can agree with 4th and goal on this one. I go to PLENTY of burg events and there is always a plethora of really nice milk JUGS sitting in the stands. That's personally enough to cover the price of admission IMO. Def a distraction, but gets ya all fired up at the same time.

Return to “Soccer”