Gview
Freshman Team

1st State Poll of the Year

Post by Gview »

jinks
Freshman Team

Re: 1st State Poll of the Year

Post by jinks »

St. Joseph girls "honorable mention"!!!! Great start for a second year program and school that only has about 40 girls 9th-12th.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

highflyer wrote:St. Joseph girls "honorable mention"!!!! Great start for a second year program and school that only has about 40 girls 9th-12th.
It's only a second year program, but the majority of the team have been playing their whole life. Either way, I'm glad to see that they haven't gone unnoticed. They have a great team.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

I have to take note at everyone saying St. Joseph is a "club soccer team". 3 or 4 girls play outside of high school. That would be the equivalent of 1 or 2 basketball players playing club ball. Some of our girls are playing volleyball WHILE on the soccer team. Many of these girls play basketball, softball, cheer, and even bowling. They definitely are not "year-round" soccer players.

Pedro
Riding the Bench

Post by Pedro »

St. Joe girls have an excellent team and deserve the recognition they have received. The coach has done a lot with these girls. However, the truth is that they have more than 3 to 4 club players. It is my understanding that 5 played on one EKFC team and another 1 played on an older EKFC team. And another one played for a WV club. But that doesn't diminish what they accomplished in such a short period of time and the hard work they have put in. Congratulation Flyers on this recognition and keep it up. You have a great team. We hope you have continued success.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

My bad, there are 5 girls that play ekfc. However the ones you mentioned that play on the other teams are the same girls. But take , for instance, our goalie. She hasn't played soccer for years, she concentrated on volleyball until this year. A senior playing her first year high school ball and doing a great job. Give all the credit to our coach. When deciding whether or not to start girls soccer last year, we were not sure if we would have enough to field a team. He took the job (without the salary that most schools pay) and built a solid team. He builds confidence in girls while teaching them good fundamentals. Great assistant coach, too. I am just glad this sport keeps growing, boys and girls. Good luck to every area team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Who cares if they play club soccer. That's what a good team should look like with those type of players. Only two girls from burg have played all the way up, one saw playing significant playing time, but neither have played club. They played saint joe pretty well until the second half when st joes experience showed up

Return to “Soccer”