Wheelersburg vs. South Webster 9/4/14

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Wheelersburg vs. South Webster 9/4/14

Post by jazzfingers888 »

One of the biggest games of the season thus far. Who will win it?

Redcard
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs. South Webster 9/4/14

Post by Redcard »

I'll take burg. They look really sharp lately with good ball movement and aggressive ball winning. One of the better all around burg teams I've seen in a while.
3-1 pirates

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I'm with Redcard on this one. Pirates are looking very solid lately and have only allowed 2 goals all season. I'm not sure the Jeeps can break through the Pirate defense. BURG IS THE WORD!

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

South Webster has shown they can score thus far. They have played some solid games. A young cast... but no doubt with this rivalry they will be ready to play. Burg is playing good ball as well and is indeed moving the ball very well and is solid from front to back and have multiple scoring threats as well as a defense who doesn't give up much of anything. Sould be an exciting night for SOC soccer...but this one goes to the Burg 4-1

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Circa scioto soccer league dominance... My pirates use the long ball to have those shaky jeep defenders tripping all over themselves. Lewis takes over this one early.

burg 4
jeeps 0

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

Now hold on a minute...I love the burg boom ball as much as the next guy, but that is way to easy to defend. I could have my U8 team defending the long ball. It is going to take more then that to rack it up on the webster D. Although, they are pretty shaky at times in the back. I hear they are back at full strength in the backline for the first time this year. So it is going to be a different story then what everyone is painting so far. I see this one being a nail biter down to the wire with a few yellow's thrown in the mix. I see an epic battle between Thurman and Blevins in the scoring department with Blevins coming ahead 3-2. Jeeps go into Ed Miller and get a late goal from Keaton to win 4-3.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg talented and deep. This team moving the ball well. Very little long ball with this group. Speed and passing inside the 18 makes them tough to contain. Jeeps will have to defend well and a lot. Hard to do.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Burg- 5
Jeeps- 1

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Pirates have only had one tough game this season. The Jeeps with a more hefty schedule have had a few more. I look for this game to get out of control quickly. The Pirates have some younger players that I can only describe with the old expression "Young, dumb, and full of....aggression". Some real HOT HEADS, (not Redheads/Gingers). AND, the Jeeps have some bruisers that go in a little too hard at times, plus some HOT HEADS as well (and 1 Ginger). Both of these are recipe for disaster. In the end I'll take the Jeeps 5-4 in an absolute blood bath.

:twisted: :oops: :twisted: :oops: :twisted: :oops: :twisted: :oops: :twisted: :oops: :twisted: :oops:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sorry jeeps but the burg is loaded. One silver lining, the jeeps can stop by and grab them a fire hose pizza on the way back. 4-1 burg

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

I see this one as a defensive battle.

6-6 tie

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

So, from what I'm reading Burg is older and has had some ball movement. South Webster is young and not so much ball movement yet. Maybe it will be SW's night and they'll get some balls to drop in the net. The Bivens guy is hard to stop for SW, but Burgs defense is no nonsense in the back.
SW 3
Burg 3
Yellows 5
Reds 2 (one for both teams refs have to keep it even)

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Yea SW don't stand a chance. Welcome to SOC II soccer. I think SOC I is another name for U8 soccer. This game isn't going to be close. 8-3 Burg

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

I'm always down for a true underdog story so ill go with the jeeps in the matchup. I believe the refs will let them play so I honestly don't know how this one will turn out in the foul category, both teams are extremely soft from what I've seen. Ill give burg the edge in the annoying fan vote as rock filled milk jugs will be more prevalent than long balls and "boot it" chants from the stands. Webster has the edge in concession stand pizza as Perry's is a fixture even though its closer to burg school district, so that has to count for something. I look for Beavins/Zimbermann combo to continue to light up the score board as they'll out-duel the bloom-Vernon township exports in thurmmer and lewis. Jeeps win this one going away with two late "rub your face in it" goals by the before mentioned combo (aka bloom bash-brothers) and the cheesewagon bypasses Perry's and wobycats firehouse buddy's to load up on Hot-n-Readys for all of the villagers back in jeep town.

Jeeps 6
Burg 3

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Both of these teams are very respectable...but as I read these posts...i am assuming most have been made by adults and I am a little disturbed that your pregame post almost promote a card filled, unsportsmanlike, rough game. Neither of these teams need to stoop to that level and it just makes for ugly soccer and doesn't promote sportsmanship for our younger soccer players in the area. these teams both have some good talent and I hope to see an exciting soccer game that is respectable yet a great game to watch and showcase these talents. These kids have enough to deal with daily without adults trying to promote ugly play. good luck to both teams and let's see who comes to play!

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Also, what are the references to "Lewis" for burg ...pretty sure he graduated in like 2010...not sure who you are meaning to refer to because there are several shooters from what I have seen for this burg team....several standout shooters!

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

ShaveTheBlight, very eloquently written response but I must disagree on the refs. So far from what I have seen, horrible officiating. Not one sided at all but just flat out bad, both ways. Maybe worse than the Ron "red card" Miller and Petty Fetty era of the 90's. I wouldn't expect any favors from the zebras and I predict some very bad and game changing calls. But it should be a great matchup and measuring stick game.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg is balanced front to back with lots of skill and teamwork. So far this year 11 different players have scored and they have 4 consecutive shutouts at this point. The jeeps will struggle to score and struggle worse defensively. The Pirates will be tough to stop on the fast turf. Burg 5-0

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Eleven different people have scored for burg to date...sign of a pretty balanced team...should be fun to watch and see how this plays out...the burg and valley result shows what going up against a solid defense does to you once you get a little deeper into your schedule.

Jeepoholic
Riding the Bench

Post by Jeepoholic »

I agree Burg is having a tough time figuring out who will score for them. No clear defined go to man. Since you play teams in your league twice let's say you play a weak team second game of the year, then play them again second to last game of the year are they tougher to play since it's later on your schedule? Confusing stuff on this thread. The Bloom rash brothers combine for 2 and 2. I'll take Jeeps in this one 5-3. What time is JV game starting?

Return to “Soccer”