Unioto JR High Soccer Tournament

outlawparrot
Waterboy

Unioto JR High Soccer Tournament

Post by outlawparrot »

The annual George Stoltz Memorial JR High Tournament at Unioto will start on October 15th.

$125 a team

Please text or call Tod at 740-703-9357 to save your spot or for more information.

Thanks!

outlawparrot
Waterboy

Re: Unioto JR High Soccer Tournament

Post by outlawparrot »

We are offering tournament t-shirts at a discounted rate for pre orders! Mention it to Tod when you register your team.

outlawparrot
Waterboy

Post by outlawparrot »

Round Robin format. Guarenteed 3 games with the winner from each division playing for the championship.

outlawparrot
Waterboy

Post by outlawparrot »

Due to some conflicts, The tournament start date has been moved to Monday, October 20th. Registratin is open until 5:00pm on Wednesday 10/15. Please contact Tod at 740-703-9357 or email timmons_tod@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Neil

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Any results? Thanks

outlawparrot
Waterboy

Post by outlawparrot »

Results from Monday 10/20

Wheelersburg 2- Wavely 1
Chillicothe 20 - Unioto 0

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

outlawparrot wrote:Results from Monday 10/20

Wheelersburg 2- Wavely 1
Chillicothe 20 - Unioto 0
20???

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

I really hope that's a typo...

lilcountrygal23
Waterboy

Post by lilcountrygal23 »

It is not. Totally classless on Chillicothe's part. Earlier in the season several CHS parents were boasting on social media that they beat a team 22-0... :122246

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mark_Williamson wrote:It is not. Totally classless on Chillicothe's part. Earlier in the season several CHS parents were boasting on social media that they beat a team 22-0... :122246
20+ goals in a game has only happened 10 times in Ohio high school soccer. Not because it couldn't be done, but because I am sure the coaches learned from allowing it to happen. None of the 10 occurrences were from the same team and it hasn't happened in the past 10 years.

lilcountrygal23
Waterboy

Post by lilcountrygal23 »

On the HS girls side - Eastwood put up 24 and Bishop Hartley put up 20 on their respective opponents this past week.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

This S*#% has to stop! Someone please tell me why this is happening. It's not right on any level.
I've always thought 10 was my max but that's just me. Anyone else have a cap? Maybe if we talk about it more people will realize when to pull off the hounds. There is so much more to do on the pitch during a game if you find your team is dominating. How about when you go up 8-0, you are only allowed to score on a header.... Got 10 goals yet, ok. Now you have to string together 10 one touch passes and score on a weak foot volley.
Just throwing out examples to keep the team sharp and not pummel the opponent( sportsmanship).
Whoever you are coaches- please stop the insanity

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mark_Williamson wrote:On the HS girls side - Eastwood put up 24 and Bishop Hartley put up 20 on their respective opponents this past week.
Very sad. I agree with putting restrictions on a team or at least on specific kids after 8-9 goals. Also, put whoever your weakest shooters are up front WITH those restrictions. Even if you have a very solid team, there are players who are the last to get in most games who should not be able to score if they are required to only shoot off of a weak footed volley, from a header, outside the 18. There are ways to create games within the game that will stop this. A handful of coaches who encourage/allow this to happen will probably result in some sort of a mercy rule being implemented when it should never get that far.

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

You never go double digits on a team. Never. That's the rule at SW under Coach Claxon. I would suggest to Chillicothe's JR High coach to maybe go for 1000 consecutive touches of possession. Much more impressive if you ask me... Plus it doesn't make a coach, team, school, or community look like idiots.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Cannot believe it. After 15 if I was opposing coach i would have pulled my team. No reason to be humiliated. I'm sure the Chilli coach must find some sort of self pleasure in saying you won a jr high game. If his parents stand for this type behavior they should be ashamed. Maybe they misread the "good book" that tell us to love our enemy. His version must say pummel. What a joke...

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I saw a picture of the Chilli's coach in the Gazette today.

Nice win...

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Nice Pic....should be looking over his shoulder.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Are these true school sponsored junior high teams or are they rec teams?

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

Mark, at some point there has to be consequences to CMS for doing that. I would see to it they not longer play in the JH tourney. The Unioto tourney is one of the only JH tourneys. Let them keep their $125. Heck, I would send it back to them now and tell them they are done.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Wheelersburg 7
Unioto 0

Chillicothe and Waverly were playing the second game tonight.

Return to “Soccer”