DIII Boys District SemiFinals 10/18

4thgoal
SEOPS

DIII Boys District SemiFinals 10/18

Post by 4thgoal »

This should be a good day of games at Jackson high school.

10:00 am - Wheelersburg vs. Alexander
1:00 pm - Lynchburg vs. South Webster
4:00 pm - Zane Trace vs. Eastern Brown

Temperatures forcast in the mid 50's and a slight chance of afternoon rain.

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Re: DIII Boys District SemiFinals 10/18

Post by realfutbol »

4th n Goal wrote:This should be a good day of games at Jackson high school.

10:00 am - Wheelersburg vs. Alexander
1:00 pm - Lynchburg vs. South Webster
4:00 pm - Zane Trace vs. Eastern Brown

Temperatures forcast in the mid 50's and a slight chance of afternoon rain.
Burg
Webster
Trace
Winners big!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg 2
Alexander 1

2 OTs

thedeasel84
Waterboy

Post by thedeasel84 »

Webster-2
Lynchburg clay-1

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

blackredordead wrote:Webster-2
Lynchburg clay-1
Things got a little crazy in the stands toward the end. Heard some horrible things from LC fans. Luckily the "WE ARE THE JEEPS" chant drowned most of it out. Glad to see no fights broke out. That was the worst game SW has had in a while but they pulled it out.

A little bird told me Zane Trace won AND that Berlin Hiland got upset by Zanesville Rosecrans. Can anyone confirm these???

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

jazzhands88 wrote:
blackredordead wrote:Webster-2
Lynchburg clay-1
A little bird told me Zane Trace won AND that Berlin Hiland got upset by Zanesville Rosecrans. Can anyone confirm these???
According to the Twitterverse, Hiland did lose 1-0 in OT. https://twitter.com/hcticket/status/523567954630565889

Zane Trace did win. 4-0, I believe.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Obviously Bishop Rosecrans is a solid team to beat Hiland, but a good break for Burg. Hiland had won 8-9 district titles in a row. Hopefully Burg and South Webster can both advance to regionals! Good luck to the SOC teams next Saturday

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

District finals matchups for this Saturday (10/25) in Jackson will be:
1:00 Wheelersburg vs. Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans
4:00 South Webster vs. Zane Trace
The winners of these 2 games will face off on 10/29 in the Regional Semifinals. I would love to see an SOC vs. SOC rematch next week!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Big games this Saturday. I have not seen ZBR play but if they beat the Hawks they must be good. I think Burg will be able to hang with them though. SW will need to play their best soccer to beat the Pioneers. I'm pulling for the Jeeps!!!

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Of course rooting for the SOC but, with these opponents I don't see SOC victorious here. ZBR must be legit and plays much tougher opponents during the season. ZT has the best player in southern ohio, put him on touch-friendly short turf at Jackson and he will cut up a defense.
Good luck SOC....hope I'm wrong

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

I will be curious to see how the games play out this weekend. Will miss making the drive to districts for the first time in a decade.

Coach Boll was at the Rosecrans-Hiland game, he will know what's up. Hiland clearly the better team all game. Rosecrans plays very defensive. 6 in the back and has a good goalkeeper. Rosecrans has only allowed 1 goal in their last 11 games playing this style. They have 2 studs up top and they just defend and boot it long. Hawks hit the crossbar 3 times and had 25+ shots but it wasn't to be. Very frustrating loss as this was probably the best soccer team Hiland has had- not as fast or athletic as some past editions, but soccer skill and ability I'd rate this Hiland team near the top in their history.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

Redcard wrote:Of course rooting for the SOC but, with these opponents I don't see SOC victorious here. ZBR must be legit and plays much tougher opponents during the season. ZT has the best player in southern ohio, put him on touch-friendly short turf at Jackson and he will cut up a defense.

Webster lost to them once already but it will be closer this time I predict. I honestly wasn't that impressed with ZT when I saw them play. Perhaps just a bad day. Hutton obviously good but the rest of the team is just solid... centerbacks and goalie pretty decent.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

SW fans may be the most annoying fans out there. None of them have a clue about the game and they just whine the whole time. I, and all of Valley, will be pulling for ZT! ZT 7 SW 0

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

hhs wrote:
Redcard wrote:Of course rooting for the SOC but, with these opponents I don't see SOC victorious here. ZBR must be legit and plays much tougher opponents during the season. ZT has the best player in southern ohio, put him on touch-friendly short turf at Jackson and he will cut up a defense.

Webster lost to them once already but it will be closer this time I predict. I honestly wasn't that impressed with ZT when I saw them play. Perhaps just a bad day. Hutton obviously good but the rest of the team is just solid... centerbacks and goalie pretty decent.
I am pretty sure that SW was missing a starter or two when they faced off the first time. I think this one will be much closer than the first meeting which was 4-1.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

hhs, what is your rundown of Bishop Rosecrans? I think most of us were a little shocked to see your streak broken, but all good things must come to an end I suppose. Obviously, they must be a solid team to have gotten past the Hawks, but what are their strengths/weaknesses? From what I followed on twitter, it sounded like Hiland controlled the game for the most part, but were just somewhat unlucky and hit the bar a few times as well.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

4th n Goal wrote:hhs, what is your rundown of Bishop Rosecrans? I think most of us were a little shocked to see your streak broken, but all good things must come to an end I suppose. Obviously, they must be a solid team to have gotten past the Hawks, but what are their strengths/weaknesses? From what I followed on twitter, it sounded like Hiland controlled the game for the most part, but were just somewhat unlucky and hit the bar a few times as well.

As I said before, they pack it in on defense and hit it long. #10 and #28 up top are both very good forwards. #10 will definitely be first team all state- he's a stud. I saw them play us and 3 other times. They used a similar style each time with small adjustments depending on whether or not they thought they were the better team or not. Against us and Coshocton they were content to defend the whole game and counter attack. Against Hiland the ball was within 30 yards of the Rosecrans goal 80% of the game. On one hand it doesn't feel like they are a good team, but they are good at what they do and are very disciplined. They scored by rolling the ball into an open net from 30 yards out after the Hiland keeper whiffed a clearance with his feet outside his box.

Burg and Hiland styles are different so I will be curious to see how things play out. Score first and you have a chance. Let them get a lead and it's big trouble. No matter who you play, to only give up 1 goal in the last 11 games is pretty good and that's what Rosecrans has done although their schedule over that time wassn't nearly as difficult as the first half of their schedule was.

We have had a nice run for the past while. 11 district titles in 13 years is pretty good. We could have a few lean years ahead as the talent isn't what it has been but we'll keep working hard and see what happens.

bulldogbackerX3
Waterboy

Post by bulldogbackerX3 »

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l :( :12222 :12224 :12224 :shock: :? :122246 8)

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

chandlerholbrook13 wrote:l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l

I love your work dude. a true fan really.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

jazzhands88 wrote:
chandlerholbrook13 wrote:l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l

I love your work dude. a true fan really.
Can't argue with any of this! Keep up the good work!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Game times have been adjusted due to ACT testing. The Burg game is now 2:30 and the South Webster game is now 5:00

Return to “Soccer”