New Boston/St. Joe-TONIGHT-sectional semi

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

New Boston/St. Joe-TONIGHT-sectional semi

Post by Don KeyPunch »

Thoughts on this GAME!? Tigers are gritty so i think they pull it out tonight... its win of go home now, so we all know with this on the line teams really step up. hopefully thats the case for the tigers tonight.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Re: New Boston/St. Joe-TONIGHT-sectional semi

Post by jazzfingers888 »

It's always tough playing a team 3 times in one season. I'm calling for the upset tonight. St. Joe 3 - New B. 2.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Anything can happen in tourneys. I think Don is right, his Tigers will step tonight and bring home the win.
GHS- 3
ISJ- 1

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

New Boston won both matches in regular season play, the most recent by a 3 goal margin. Tigers will most likely win tonight. Good luck to both teams.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

this one could be a good game. anyone giving updates tonight?

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Hey littlegoodpup how about you give the updates

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

Just heard the game is tied at 3 and headed to over time.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

sorry about the updates iphone malfunction. game did end 3-3 regulation. in 2nd overtime now. using glow ball due to no lights. 1min left

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

going to pks!!!!!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

unbelievable. unbelievable!!!!!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

game called due to darkness. will finish with shoot out tomorrow. never in my life have i seen this before.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Shoot out is set for 5pm tomorrow. Confirmed with officials and coaches.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

I will try to keep everyone posted if there are any changes.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wow. sounds like this was quite a game. sparks always fly in tourneys!

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

Amazing game tonight. Can't wait till tomorrow! I think the advantage has to be with my glenwood guys. Hard and low boys!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

This game should never have been played at St. Joe to begin with due to the lack of lights. New Boston had defeated St. Joe 3-2 and 3-0 this season and the game should have been played at New Boston. Go Tigers!

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

I agree with ACM ... IMO St Joe should not be able to host tournament games, if im not mistaken the field is not regulation size, if it is I'd be surprised. Seems very short end to end as well as side line to side line. Plus with no lights you would have to start a game at 4:30 or 5 to get it in on time during the fall. Playing with a glow in the dark ball are the refs serious with that? In no way is that safe for any player to play in.

With that being said and seeing both teams play, I give the advantage to ISJ based upon goal keeper play. Mahlmeister is a long athletic kid may be able to get to a couple and deflect them away. The fact this game got to PKs is very surprising to me with ISJ being down their forward and probably leading goal scorer. I'll say ISJ wins the shootout 4-3 and advances to take on Webster.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

If St joe earned the home game, then it should be theirs.....unless that field isn't regulation as noted above. Poor athletic admin to allow the game so late and risk night suspension. I think the game totally changes with an extra day and "mohr" time to prep for PKs. I would have guessed NB victors here in regulation but since St Joe held serve this long, I'll take St joe. I have heard st Joe has a phenom in the pipes so this should play to their favor.
Anything goes in PKs!!

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

a_c_m wrote:This game should never have been played at St. Joe to begin with due to the lack of lights.
New Boston had defeated St. Joe 3-2 and 3-0 this season and the game should have been played at New Boston. Go Tigers!
I guess you don't know how the tournament works. The coaches voted to seed and SJ got seeded ahead of NB and with that home field. If their home field wasn't appropriate/regulation, then SJ probably should have been able move the venue and I'm sure they would have found a suitable venue. Leave it up to a NB person to complain about a venue. Ever been to a place where a step is in the field/court??????

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Pk's are always exciting. Hopefully Mohr adjusts his today. Missed one in the game yesterday that could have pushed the Tigers over the top. The big question will be this... Will the keepers be reacting, reading, or guessing? In HS soccer I think reaction and reading is the best way to go about it. At the next level up, that is when guessing comes into play. Goodluck to both teams.

Return to “Soccer”