Top players

Redcard
Freshman Team

Top players

Post by Redcard »

Who's worth watching in the SOC and beyond? goal leaders? college looks?

socman
Varsity

Re: Top players

Post by socman »

The SOC has some very good players this year.

Waverly
Jacob Purpero - all around talent, brillant on the ball 11 goals and 6 assists
Willie Bevens - Center back with speed and skill to burn
Jean Paul White - Very strong wing and goal scorer 12 goals and 2 assists

Minford
Nick Blackburn- very creative on the ball and quick feet, a load to handle

Valley
Winters -fast striker, I haven't seen him since his Soph year but know he is very talented.

There are some other good players but these are the ones that stand out to me.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto
Casey Zupi- returning All-Ohio. Very skilled and a great motor up top, has 16 goals through 9 games.
Nick Cozad- center back who is an extremely talented defender and overall player
A few more very talented players who excel with different parts of their game

Zane Trace
Eric Hutton- not a ton of help, but Mr. Hutton has great ball skills and instincts. He makes them go.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

On the girls side

Unioto
Jenny Campbell- junior who plays all over the field and has scored many big goals
Mallory Retherford- senior leader, another who plays everywhere and makes things happen
Ashley Flautt- goalie with great instincts, you would think she's played much longer than she has. Extremely athletic

Zane Trace
Rachel Hutton- great ball handler, very nice player
Montana Fry- great nose for the goal, excellent shot with either foot
And other very impressive players, backline and GK are very good all around

Chillicothe
Rachel Conaway- haven't seen her play this season, but she controlled games as a freshman, so if she's continued to improve, would have to be considered a top player

Washington CH
Ashley Lovett- recently broke the 100 career goal total. Outstanding scorer

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

South Webster's keeper, Lance Swordz, is one of the best in the area. i'm pretty sure this is his first year playing keeper, and only his 2nd year of playing soccer (in his life). Good size and ridiculous athleticism.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Redcard wrote:Who's worth watching in the SOC and beyond? goal leaders? college looks?
not you redcard. so haha. on a serious note tho... Pupero and winters are great players with crazy pace with the ball. Keanton for sw is a very talented sophomore also.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

bigbadwolf wrote:South Webster's keeper, Lance Swordz, is one of the best in the area. i'm pretty sure this is his first year playing keeper, and only his 2nd year of playing soccer (in his life). Good size and ridiculous athleticism.
Keep eye out on the Scarberry kid at Northwest. Tall, big wingspan, speed, strong and athletic. First time he has ever played soccer. Known more for his basketball but will make name for self at keeper position.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Tower wrote:
bigbadwolf wrote:South Webster's keeper, Lance Swordz, is one of the best in the area. i'm pretty sure this is his first year playing keeper, and only his 2nd year of playing soccer (in his life). Good size and ridiculous athleticism.
Keep eye out on the Scarberry kid at Northwest. Tall, big wingspan, speed, strong and athletic. First time he has ever played soccer. Known more for his basketball but will make name for self at keeper position.

Valley also sports a solid first year GK. kudos to these local athletes for impressive rookie campaigns. Good goalkeeping in the SOC

Jeep79
Waterboy

Post by Jeep79 »

Northwest's goal keeper is one of the best up and coming in SOC. Athletic, huge wingspan, and great size in the net.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

the Mohr kid from Glenwood is solid. Winters is alright from Valley. As far as college looks I can't see many kids getting looks. No big time schools but maybe a D2 but most likely D3 schools, Shawnee, or Rio JV

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

In the soc my pick for the best of the best would start with the Blackburn kid from Minford. Burg played them last night and I believe he was involved in 3 if not all 4 goals scored against us even though he was man,d up all night. He is the complete package, distributes the ball excellent and is exceptional under pressure. Swordz from webster is one heck of a goalie agressive coming out of goal and willing to sacrafice himself diving for balls. White from waverly is strong and near impossible to nock off from the ball. Mohr from NB and Winters from Valley are very similar in that both have incredible speed. Thurmer at Burg is a solid all around player but the injury at valley has kept him out of play, hopefully he can make it back before tournament time.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Billy Thurmer - The BURG

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

bunt pirate wrote:Billy Thurmer - The BURG
Dude, that kid graduated a few years back... you might be talking about his brother, im sure you are

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

not much next level talent at all here in this conference in my opinion. But a couple decent players in the Winners? (from Valley) More from NB and theres one kid from Minford who's not bad cant remember his name

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Purpero is a d1 talent. Once he puts on a few more lbs and matures he will be so much better, which is scary

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

His brother was a D1 talent. I didn't know there even was another purpero and certainly don't remember anyone sticking out for Waverly. I feel like if he was D1 talent it would be blatantly obvious by watching

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

But I guess I'll take your word for it. He's got the soccer name for Waverly that's for sure

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Jacob is a sophomore #20. He plays in the center of the wing depending on the situation. Not an overly flashy player. But has an outstanding shot and is tough to take down when he takes guys on. Has 12 goals and 7 assists on the season.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

Id have to say williams from lucassville and thomas from eastern pike from what ive seen in the soc 1 thus far

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Don KeyPunch wrote:Id have to say williams from lucassville and thomas from eastern pike from what ive seen in the soc 1 thus far
Who is Williams (lucasville)?

Return to “Soccer”