New Soccer Fields

LHS soccer fan
Waterboy

New Soccer Fields

Post by LHS soccer fan »

So, who has gotten new fields since last fall? Logan will play all of their home soccer games at the football stadium this fall. It was to happen last year, but some games were played back at the cow pasture :122245 (i.e., Mingo Park), due to the new track being put down after the inaugural football game vs. Lancaster. Gallia has a new school...will they play on the same field out at Centenary, as they have in the past, or did they put in a new field there at the school/complex?

outlawparrot
Waterboy

Re: New Soccer Fields

Post by outlawparrot »

Unioto has the same game field, but we have some new practice fields along with football's new practice fields. Just another example of great support from the powers that be.

Neil

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

Outlawparrot, you are correct ! The facilities are going to be nice once the ground comes around. A lot of thanks to RCI/CCI, Horizon Chillicothe Telephone and the great parents of the soccer program !

GO TANKS !

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

How bad is unioto going to be this year?

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

Speaking for the girls side I think they will be competitive if they stay healthy. Don't know much about the boys side except that Darien Lopez returns.

LHS soccer fan
Waterboy

Post by LHS soccer fan »

Many of the teams in southern Ohio have a lot to be thankful for.....great sports facilities and teams to play on. Really feel bad for all the athletes in the Southwestern school district near Columbus......especially Grove City since the voters passed their levy, but other schools in the district voted the levy down.....no sports, at least for the fall season.

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

i still dont understand why darian went back to a school with no other talent besides him?? why not go to the school that beat you twice badley and have a succesfull year? idk beats me

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

Magic Man, perhaps he went back to Unioto for academic reasons.

Might not hurt for you to take a look deep inside and explore the possibilities yourself given your butchering of the english language/spelling. I coach U10 girls who can spell better than you.

It will be nice for preschool to open back up so idiots like you can brush up on your spelling.

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

I could really care less if i spell somthing right, your just getting off subject, i dont know unioto to well but from what i hear their nothing this year.

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

I thought the subject of the post was new soccer fields ? You are an idiot. Please do us all a favor and check out of this thread.

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

Yes thank you so much im aware of this, thats why i asked about unioto beacause they were talking about their field! am i not allowed to ask question?

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

LHS soccer fan wrote:So, who has gotten new fields since last fall? Logan will play all of their home soccer games at the football stadium this fall. It was to happen last year, but some games were played back at the cow pasture :122245 (i.e., Mingo Park), due to the new track being put down after the inaugural football game vs. Lancaster. Gallia has a new school...will they play on the same field out at Centenary, as they have in the past, or did they put in a new field there at the school/complex?

I hope Galia continues to play where they have been. It's a hella good field. It's lush and full, almost too heavy.

You may consider Alexander having a new field. Only high school games to be played on it. That will remove a lot of wear, hopefully it will last longer than usual.

Logan should be nice, but I'll never like turf. Speaking of, did Jackson's turf get any work this offseason? Seems like I head last year that there was a plan to work in new rubber media that lays the base of the turf. I could be wrong though.

LHS soccer fan
Waterboy

Post by LHS soccer fan »

I agree that turf has its issues....definitely burns more than grass when you fall or slide. But the advantage of the turf is that the ball moves much faster, and you don't have to deal with those puddles in the field....at least that's what we always had here in Logan since it was an uneven, less-than-desirable playing field....the ball would be kicked, and then stop dead in its tracks because it hits a puddle of water! Jackson's turf seemed much firmer, but their turf has been in use at least for three years before Logan got theirs...and the media tends to get packed down......it may need to be replaced every few years but not sure how they go about it. I thought I remember someone talking about raking it in to the field from time to time, but not sure how that would work.
Is Alexander playing in the same location and the high school will be the only ones to use it, or is it a completely new field? I had not heard anything on that.

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

A question for players - do you wear regular soccer cleats on turf or do you wear 'indoor' or running shoes ? Just wondering since we had a player suffer a knee injury when their cleat got stuck in the turf. Seems like it may happen for frequently on turf than not ?

ArbaughE12
Waterboy

Post by ArbaughE12 »

Amvets_Coach wrote:A question for players - do you wear regular soccer cleats on turf or do you wear 'indoor' or running shoes ? Just wondering since we had a player suffer a knee injury when their cleat got stuck in the turf. Seems like it may happen for frequently on turf than not ?

I go to Valley I would have to say that almost every one of us wear regular cleats. (maybe 1 or 2 wear turf shoes)

Return to “Soccer”