Portsmouth Soccer Program Comeback

pan-man
Freshman Team

Portsmouth Soccer Program Comeback

Post by pan-man »

With all the hype surrounding the new complex at PHS, if the is enough money left over should PHS get their soccer program back as they try to get back into the SOC???????

pan-man
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth Soccer Program Comeback

Post by pan-man »

I think they should atleast try to get it back, i mean Mr. Cole would most likely be the coach

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I think that Portsmouth (who dropped their program when they joined the SEOAL) will need to add soccer if they get in the SOC. It would be silly to have one of the top two or three largest schools without that sport. They have most of the other 16: Not sure about cross country--especially girls cross country.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

agree with drrabbit. adding soccer would not be that costly for portsmouth and would benefit their addition to the soc. they have a youth rec league but stop teams at the u12 level. good to have both portsmouth and gallia added to the soc.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I keep seeing this, but why isnt everyone on South Webster for not bringing football back. Thay had the support from the community but not the school board. They are big enough.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Other SOC schools of similar size does not have football. Football is very expensive to start. The SOC only requires one major fall boys sport from the smaller schools. Soccer counts. Symmes Valley, Green and Notre Dame has only football. South Webster, Eastern, Clay and New Boston has only soccer. Western is under pressure to add one or the other.

If South Webster had 100 more boys in the upper 3 grades like Portsmouth they would have both.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

i say they won't because soccer isn't popular around here. But i hope they do, i mean it is 10x harder then football.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Any news on when this will happen?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Since the SOC refused Portsmouth's application, does that mean the soccer issue is dead?
I'm not sure why they dropped the program when they got into the SEOAL. It's a good soccer league.
I never really kept up with Portsmouth soccer in the past. How was the program?

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

The Portsmouth soccer program had some pretty good years back in the late 80's and early 90's and i think they were ready to turn the coner back in in the 2005-06 season but that year they pulled the plug on it they had some good Coaches to i just think the school and Admin. did not back the program just my thought maybe the new ADMIN will back the soccer program and return action to the Cage soon for the kid's who like the game. :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

Any idea on why their app gets rejected?

Return to “Soccer”