Freshman Team

Re: Burg Soccer

Post by thenoose »

Nope but I sure would like to know!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

some seem to know, but others put their head in the sand and act as if everything is ok. tourney will be a quick entrance and exit by the pirates. saw their game against south point and they looked bad. heard the same took place in jackson.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I hate to see an SOC team struggling going into Tournaments! I hope the Pirates can "right the ship" and make a deep run in the playoffs!
Are there off the field issues (injuries, etc.) affecting this team? They haven't looked like the same team since they beat Waverly 5-4 not too long ago!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Have their starters been playing the last few games or are they resting them for the tourney? The South Point and Jackson scores were definitely surprising.

I remember thinking before the season that Burg would be dominant in SOC with the addition of Lewis...definitely didn't think they'd finish third in their division. But they'll get their shot at Minford one more time the way the brackets are set up, so I wouldn't count them out just yet.*

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

I don't know what has happened with the Burg soccer team. Their 3rd place finish wasn't that bad, because they were 1 point off from having tied with Minford and Waverly for the SOC Title. I think that Burg better show up to play in the tourneys or they will lose their first match

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

I heard that Coach Lewis quit after the Jackson game and also heard that there are a lot of internal problems.

Anybody else heard this??

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

coach lewis didnt quit. hes still around. burg are having some internal problems but im pretty sure that theyre getting sorted out.

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

Thanks soccerdude, I'm glad he did not quit, he's one great coach and I know the guys & girls love him to death. I hope they get everything straighten out and make a good run in the tournament.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

What are the "internal" problems within the program? Anyone? Anyone?

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

If you ask me they are playing without any heart. I think that once they lost to Minford most of them just quit because they saw their hopes of an SOC championship become very small. After they tied Webster and realized that they shot themselves in the foot by not winning, they have played like absolute garbage. It looks like there is only one or two kids on the field are out there with the intent to play with all they have and the others are just out there to occupy space on the field. I

If they play like this tomorrow against New Boston. Look for an early exit for the Pirates. On a Final note, I would much rather win a district championship than a conference champ and Burg has an excellent chance to win one IF and only IF they play to the best of their abilities.

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

I agree Keegan, if the BURG plays like they did against South Point & Jackson it will be 1 and done for them. Here's hoping that they can come together and play a good game tonight.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

I must give it to the Pirates, they pulled out the victory. The first half of the New Boston game they played like they had been.... like absolute garbage; no passing and all "booms".

The second half after the first 10 minutes into it they realized after being 2-0 since the end of the first half, that they could be beat and the season would be over. They started to pass the ball around pretty good and ended up getting 4 goals in the last 31+ minutes of the game. If they play like that against Zane Trace they will succeed like they did in the regular season, but if they play like they did in the first half then they can exit stage left.

Here's a quote to remember for all the Pirate coaches, players, and fans to rememeber: "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine, Olympic Long Distance Runner

NoHustle
Waterboy

Post by NoHustle »

Honestly with the way burg has been playing i see them goin down to Zane Trace. 4-2 win over new bosten would have never been expected this season by the pirates. dont get me wrong new boston has progressed ..i take that back ALOT of teams in the soc have progressed .except burg. dont get me wrong a Wheelersburg Vs Minford district championship..who wouldnt wanna witness but the way things are looking..im calling the FALCONS vs Jeeps for the district finals...good luck to burg

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

NoHustle you may want to check the brackets. I don't believe a Minford-Jeep game will take place at the district level even if both teams win. Good Luck to Burg, Minford, and South Webster. Represent Southern Ohio well.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

big challenge for burg monday. zane trace played well this year at times. which burg team will show up? what time is kick off monday? i'd like to try and make this game.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

7 pm

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

The starting time on the bracket is 6:00. So is the starting time 6 or 7??

Thanks

NoHustle
Waterboy

Post by NoHustle »

i apologize....but who wouldnt wanna see a minford/burg district then a minford/webster regional?

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Well, it looks like we're gonna have another burg Minford match....I wonder who will come out to play this game??

Return to “Soccer”