Best female soccer players

UT2
Waterboy

Best female soccer players

Post by UT2 »

Who are the best female soccer players in the southeast district? Do they play on girl's teams or for the boys?

Falcon01
S

Re: Best female soccer players

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu has 3 very solid players.

colby saunders: through her junior year had 60 goals 20 assists..has i believe 5 goals this season through 2 games
Erica Feeman: through her junior year has 49 goals and 40 assists, was 3rd team all ohio last year

and probably the best player at Fu and in our history....i also believe shes the best player in the district but plays D and doesnt get the credit...
Allyson Schmelzer: could play anywhere on the field and be the best player at her position...will make a college coach very happy next year. She hasnt even come close to realizing her potential.

lakers12345
Freshman Team

Post by lakers12345 »

Sunni Clyse is a junior at St. Joe and is very talented. Maybe College material

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I agree that Sunni Clyse is pretty good.

Some other girls that I have seen:

Haley Figlestahler of Minford is very good, very mobile and Minford's leading scorer from the midfield. Nice speed and good control.

I was quite impressed with Savanna McGuire of Northwest. She is a starting fullback on their varsity squad and she is strong for her size. She reminds me a bit of the Stiverson girl from a few years ago. Not quite as good but close.

Ashley Gilley of Northwest and Raven Idzakovich of West are both solid midfielders on co-ed teams.

Jessie Lucas of West impressed me. Very smart player and good strength also. I thought that she could have played an outside fullback for their varsity as long as she was backed up a quick sweeper.

I hear that Holly Hempill of Clay does well in goal. I will watch her this Thursday for the first time since previews.

Mychael Hamilton of New Boston is a tough as nails fullback. You don't bowl her over. She is not a weakness in their defense.

Haley Ruggles of Wheelersburg is probably the best player of the lot but won't get as much notice on a Co-ed JV team. But she starts as sweeper simply because she IS the best player on the JV team. She is smart and the best all-around athlete of those listed here. She has a strong kick and very good foot skills. She has been beat occasionally (the seniors on Minford's JV team, some of the pure speed of Waverly's JV) but even she often was able to get the angle and stop the play. When they have put her in at fullback on varsity, she has solid defensive showings. She has a real chance to be the second girl to start for Wheelersburg varsity--and that on a good and deep squad. For her, I am sorry that there is not a girls' team at Wheelersburg because she would be all-state material.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Haley Ruggles is solid as a defender. Has good ball sense and is strong legged. Plays JV but see varsity time in her future. Would be really strong if she played on girls soccer team.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Waverly's Ari Leslie is the only female to get Varsity action for the Tigers since 2000...
Waverly's JV team has 4-5 females getting significant minutes and the Junior High team has another 7 females playing...Waverly could also benefit from an all-girls team!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto's girls program is starting to turn around, with a solid set of coaches in now, and some very good underclassmen. If they could just get the seniors for another season after this one, but they 8th grade girls are also very good. Look out in 1-2 years for a big season from Unioto.

Zane Trace will also be back soon, with an outstanding group of JH girls to go with a young varsity squad.

Chillicothe right now is playing many underclassmen, who are all making impacts on their results. These young ladies from the Chillicothe area have grown up playing together and it's nice to see them all having early success.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

ERIN BANE FROM UNIOTO IS A GIRL TO WATCH. I THINK SHE IS ONLY A FRESHMAN AND SCORING GOALS. SHE IS A TREMENDOUS ATHLETE, WE'LL BE HEARING ALOT FROM HER.

lakers12345
Freshman Team

Post by lakers12345 »

The girl from New Boston that plays defense is pretty good. I dont know her name but i think her number is 20??

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

>>The girl from New Boston that plays defense is pretty good. I dont know her name but i think her number is 20??<<

That would be Mychael Hamilton.

Unioto Rocks
Freshman Team

Post by Unioto Rocks »

Along with freshman Erin Bane from Unioto, Morgan Gumm (otherwise known as Mo to her teammates) is another freshman to watch. I would guess you will be hearing both of their names a lot and not just in soccer!!

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

It is a real shame that ohter SOC schools other than Minford do not have women's soccer. Title 9 in most schools would require it if any parents would push it.

FlyerSoccer
Waterboy

Post by FlyerSoccer »

footballfan49 wrote:It is a real shame that ohter SOC schools other than Minford do not have women's soccer. Title 9 in most schools would require it if any parents would push it.

That being true, in many schools there are not enough female players to field a team. Therefore, Title 9 wouldn't help. Volleyball is in season as well and many girls choose to play. Thankfully, we can place female players on a co-ed team.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

I would definitely say Mychael Hamilton from New Boston Glenwood, she is one tough cookie.

ThaPlayMaker1
Waterboy

Post by ThaPlayMaker1 »

kayla fletcher for south point....shes really good as a sophomore

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

One girl i saw not too long ago l was Holly Hempill--i think a sophmore for clay..
had many saves and overall was as good as the boys

UT2
Waterboy

Post by UT2 »

Very CLASSY Mr_player!! Way to run down a player! # 20 does a good job, and from the above posts it seems others agree. The girls in the area that play on coed teams show much strength against stronger, taller, and frequently faster boys. They play a smart game with great effort. Drrabbit does well highlighting them above. The girls that are starting Varsity Boys soccer have surely earned their place! Hopefully some will move on and play after high school. Would have to say that in the St. Joseph / Northwest game last night, #4 Ashley Gilley - NW & #32 Sunni Clyse - SJ both played hard and smart. They did a great job controlling the midfield. Also hats off to their male teammates for seeing them as effective players and not just girls.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Mr. Player's second post is gone now but he needs to stay more positive.

soccerfan14
Waterboy

Post by soccerfan14 »

I think Audrey Hickman from Minford is really good....she is a goalkeeper and is very good at stopping the ball.

Blackout
Waterboy

Post by Blackout »

Also #25 Emma Shoemaker is a good foward for Minford. Shes scored some important goals that either tied a game or they won the game.

Return to “Soccer”