Freshman Team

8-18 and 8-19 Games

Post by OVClocal »

Who does your team open up with?

Keegan
Freshman Team

Re: 8-18 and 8-19 Games

Post by Keegan »

Wheelersburg opens against Minford @ burg.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

8/19 games

West at St.Joe
Northwest at Waverly
New Boston at South Webster

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Unfortunatly...

Clay will get smoked by Valley, and Im not even sure what Valley has to offer this year. It's going to be a very long year in Panther country. Im not saying its a bad thing, the Panthers graduated nearly an entire lineup, with several quality players. Time simply has to take its toll.

If I had to guess, the Panthers will be lucky to pull one out this year, does Clay play Eastern in the regular season?

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Clay lost 1 of the best defenders in the area last year in Kirkpatrick
Clay lost 1 of the best midfielders in the area last year in Robinson
Clay lost 1 of the best Forwards in the area in Parker
Clay lost 2 exchange students.

Its going to be a very tough year. I believe Kirkpatirck started in the goal last season for the Panthers, and was having an extrodinary year (record breaking year) untill he was taken out of the goal becuase he was a bigger asset in the field. Parker, I believe broke every school record that was established at Clay in the goals scorred category. Robinson was just an all around quality player, that could do it all.

I dont know what exactly the Panthers have coming back, Im sure they can beat Eastern 1 or 2 times, but I'd assume that the "w's" wont ammount any higher than 2. Like I have allready said, there is nothing at all wrong with that, it is deffinitly a rebuilding year. When you lose 9 kids, espicially some really quality calaber players that I dont think recieved some of the recognition they deserved: Kirkpatrick, Gable, Parker, Robinson.

I wish the Panthers the best , but dont expect much of these kids, they have lost alot.

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Wow...

I don't know much about the situation you are talking about with the foreign sxchange student...but from the sounds of it I might like to know more, sounds like a juicy situation, but Im sure probabaly a sad one. I will agree that Gable was an excellent defensive player, but probabaly too agressive and erattic for an offensive player. Kirkpatrick was by far the best keeper, probabaly in the confrence, I thought Robinson and Parker did a great job together, I didnt know much about the records, but that is probabaly a good possibility. Robinson definitly had a very strong foot, with some excellent ball movement, and I thought Parker was just a very hardworking player.

In my experience with these kids I would have thought that atleast 3 or 4 of them could have played at the collegiate level, they just didn't have the resources to play together at the high school level.

ThaPlayMaker1
Waterboy

Post by ThaPlayMaker1 »

sp is @ home against gallia academy

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

A few exchange students would definitly help the Panthers' cause.

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Im really suprised the score was that close, seems like the "d" kept the Panthers in the game. No a bad strategy on the part of the coach if he loaded the defense, exactly what I would do. Clay lost all their defense last year, clay lost all their firepower last year also, you cant win a game if you dont score a goal, BUT...you cant lose one if you dont let them score one, Good idea coach. Taking a page out of a Nate Curley book.

Keep the defense stacked, and hope the offense can maybe create something.

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

Either way, I dont see them scoring many goals this season. Very young team, scoring goals is much more difficult in High school than it is in u15 and most of these kids are freshmen other than the 2 you ar speaking about, and even at that...Theres 8 goals between 2 kids, thats not alot of experience. In high school you have to have kids making plays to score goals, not just kicking the ball up the field.

Dont get me wrong, They are going to score goals, and make some plays, but this is a very inexperienced team, they will have to work their butts off for 80 minutes to maybe only get 1 goal. Not only that, its going to take a team effort when you have a young team, its apparent that the play is going to have to start at the defense and have the defense feed the midfield, who has to make a play for a forward to strike a good ball. Hish School is a different ball game, its going to take this kids time before they get the concept. Untill then, stack the defense...If they cant score...you cant lose

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

So does anyone really know how many goals Parker had, if he broke Jake's record congratulations. Just funny though nobody ever asked me how many he needed to break it.

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

I believe I heard last year he had around 60. Dont hold me to that, It very well may have been more or less but I think I remeber him having close to 60 with a few games to go.

Return to “Soccer”