South Webster vs. Wheelersburg (Rematch)

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: South Webster vs. Wheelersburg (Rematch)

Post by 4thgoal »

art_vandelay wrote:Big win for the Jeeps. Hopefully these teams will meet up again down the road.

Glad someone brought up the goals at Webster....just driving by the field, you can see the lean on them from the road. Shouldn't be too big of an issue the rest of the season, but definitely need to fix them by next season.*
I agree art. Minford has the same goals and they have the same lean to them as well. Not sure if it is an installation issue or just a problem with that style of goals over time. The leaning just seems to have gotten worse in both locations in the past year or so.

Since it was youth soccer day Saturday, I noticed that SW has more girls in their youth program than I have ever seen before. Are they planning on starting a high school girls program?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I was just looking on SEODAB and noticed that they have changed the way the district tournament is set up again. Burg and SW are both in the South sectional (Chesapeake, Clay (Portsmouth), Glenwood, Ironton St. Joseph, Northwest, South Webster, Wheelersburg). The way it is set up, there will most likely be a round 3 to this rivalry because the 1 and 2 seeds of this sectional face off in the first round of district play at Athens (it is moved from Jackson to Athens this year).
http://www.seodab.org/index.php/fall-sports/boys-soccer

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:Interesting that the soccer lines go ALL the way back to the line of the end zone. I think most are about 3 yards from there. Which would take the goal posts out of the equation. I Google mapped 10 random schools I knew had turf and soccer and all but 2 had the lines a couple yards in from the back line.

I'm likely over thinking this, but when I watched that video, it was the first thing I noticed.
I am aware of Dublin Scioto soccer field goes to the end of the end zone but their field goal post are able to be flipped around.

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

They sure do like to change things 4th and Goal. I'm sure that game will be exciting to watch (if both teams advance). As far as SW starting a high school program for girls, I don't see that happening. We do have all girls U-12 and U-15 teams but most of those students play volleyball as well.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I was just curious about SW girls because in most recent years, there is not a girl to be found on a SW U12 or U15 team and all of a sudden there are enough for a full team at both age groups.

Return to “Soccer”