goUK wrote:
Marietta, Warren, Gallia, Jackson,Chillicothe,Logan

Avg Attendance=366.5
Tourny record= 4-3

Northwest, Waverly, Burg, West, Valley, New Boston, Clay, South Webster,
Minford

Avg Attendance=162.6
Tourny record= 4-4

?????? Whats the point of this post ????????

It is obvious that the attendance should be higher at the larger schools. Of the six (6) schools in the SEOAL the combined enrollment of boys alone in the top three grades is 2199. The enrollment for nine (9) schools in the SOC combined is 1464.

drrabbit
All State

Re: TVC Soccer

Post by drrabbit »

Personally, I would have to wonder where the attendance numbers come from. Do schools really count and report attendance or are these simply fabricated?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

weeze1 wrote:They will never have a league... Staying independent is the route to go.. Get a tougher schedule.. SEOAL is ok but you get to the SOC the competition gets down with only a handful of decent sides. They have to play each other once or twice and only leaves a couple slots open to get non-league matches... But it does help the kids in the SOC get a lot of goals with playing each other.. which really means nothing.

i was responding to tthe above with my average attendance post, i realize my post seemed random, but of course the soc is less competitive because they dont have as many numbers...some seoal schools have more kids on their jv than soc schools have on their varsity

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Most people want to tie the two Futbals together and blame one for the others misfortunes. Probably 75% of the kids that play soccer in High school have played it since youth leagues started for them at the age of 6 to maybe 8 yrs. old. They never played football and/or never even had an interest to. Another 20% decide to play when they get in High School because they don't play anything else and want to play a sport in High School. The other 5% may have played football and decided they had enough. So of a team of say 20 varsity players, that means 1 may have been taken from the football team. It's not Soccers faught in your football team sucks. Also of course, this is my opinion. Of the few teams that I know fairly well, this is the case. Get "kickball" in the TVC, the kids will thank you for it. :)

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

godsgeneral wrote:I know that Vinton Co has a youth soccer program and they are pushing for High School soccer. I am just curious who else may be considering it and how well it is going for the schools that have it.

I wish VC had soccer at the high school level. Those 2 boys of mine were awsome at soccer. Daniel is a great goalie and a solid back fielder.
Caleb is a great back fielder and one of the most durable mid fielders to play the game. These two seemed impervious to weather conditions or field conditions.
Their tolerance for pain is unmatched on the field.

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

Space Cowboy wrote:
godsgeneral wrote:I know that Vinton Co has a youth soccer program and they are pushing for High School soccer. I am just curious who else may be considering it and how well it is going for the schools that have it.

I wish VC had soccer at the high school level. Those 2 boys of mine were awsome at soccer. Daniel is a great goalie and a solid back fielder.
Caleb is a great back fielder and one of the most durable mid fielders to play the game. These two seemed impervious to weather conditions or field conditions.

If you have children who are adept at soccer, have you considered open enrollment to a school with soccer?
The immediate schools that come to mind are Jackson, Alexander and Athens. There might be a few SOC schools within reach too. There may be options if your children really want to play soccer.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Space Cowboy wrote:

This looks like a perfect opportunity for yet another parent coach. You should consider getting a program going, and coach the team.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

wizard of oz. wrote:any school with a decent football program doesn't have soccer

Would you say any of the following schools have a "decent football program"?
Cleveland St. Ignatius (2008 D-I football & soccer state champ)
Columbus St. Francis De Sales
Logan
Chillicothe
Wheelersburg
Minford
Jackson

Just wondrin'

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

Decent foot ball team, Jackson, they have been horrible lately, and their soccer program isnt good either

Return to “Soccer”