Waterboy

Re: Summer

Post by State »

Not Cocky, just stating facts.

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

D-2 and D-1 schools are usually better than D-3 schools..

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Waverly will be holding their first Open Field today (Wednesday, May 28) from 3:30-5:00pm at the old East School field....

State
Waterboy

Post by State »

soccerdude wrote:D-2 and D-1 schools are usually better than D-3 schools..

While you are playing larger schools in the Ohio Cup, the chances of you actually playing against Varsity competition are slim to none. That is what I am talking about. You guys go to the Ohio Cup play up a division and think you are holding your own, when in fact you guys are playing the D1/D2 schools JV teams. Which doesn't happen at the smaller events like Greeneview's Super Scrimmage. Most of the schools that played there last year brought mostly Varsity players. Case in point Springfield Catholic Central, Yellow Springs, West Liberty Salem, Greeneview, Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, Berlin Hiland, Dayton Christian, Fenwick just to name a few. Sure they had some JV players, Zane Trace and Fenwick even played a JV game, I think. But for the most part all teams had mostly Varsity players.

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

State wrote:
soccerdude wrote:D-2 and D-1 schools are usually better than D-3 schools..

While you are playing larger schools in the Ohio Cup, the chances of you actually playing against Varsity competition are slim to none. That is what I am talking about. You guys go to the Ohio Cup play up a division and think you are holding your own, when in fact you guys are playing the D1/D2 schools JV teams. Which doesn't happen at the smaller events like Greeneview's Super Scrimmage. Most of the schools that played there last year brought mostly Varsity players. Case in point Springfield Catholic Central, Yellow Springs, West Liberty Salem, Greeneview, Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, Berlin Hiland, Dayton Christian, Fenwick just to name a few. Sure they had some JV players, Zane Trace and Fenwick even played a JV game, I think. But for the most part all teams had mostly Varsity players.

I don't know of any team that did not bring some JV players, but for the most part the were Varsity calibur players. Zane Trace and Fenwick did actually had a JV Game.

State you make a great point about the JV teams at the larger events, which is why Greeneview does not go to the Northmont Super Scrimmage any more or the Ohio cup (that and cost-the Ohio Cup is what $450.00). We were playing everyone's JV Teams (with a couple of Varsity players thrown in). State-when you guys make it back to Greeneview this July, look me up (I'm short old fat guy standing by Greeneview's bench).

State your school identity has been narrowed down to 2 schools.

Return to “Soccer”