Minford vs. Burg, District Finals

thenoose
Freshman Team

Re: Minford vs. Burg, District Finals

Post by thenoose »

Ongoal,its gonna be hard to tell until game time rolls around!

Blackout
Waterboy

Post by Blackout »

This is the third time these two powerhouses play each other and wat a way to end a split to see who comes out on top in the district final. Either of these teams are capable of winning but as a Minford fan I would like to see the Falcons come out of the VA with a win. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

This is going to be a very interesting match.These teams have already met twice in the regular season and they both have one win a piece.The only difference is that Minford knocked them completely out of the SOC race.It is all going to come down to what teams show up.Minford sometimes likes to slack off and then take off in the second half, but in this game they're not going to be able to do that at all.They need to play the way they know how to all the way through.I don't know wat is going on with burg right now, but if they show up and play like they did against Jackson or New Boston, then it's going to be a long,long game for the pirates!

Tigersports
Waterboy

Post by Tigersports »

What a great matchup I feel Price and Warren will be too much as they are playing too good right now.

Minford 3
Burg 1

Good Luck to whoever wins represent the Soc well!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

good match up between the offense of minford and the defense of the burg. burg has trouble scoring. minford can be scored on. hope its a good match.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Prediction:
Minford - 4
Burg - 2

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

If Burg has trouble scoring, I'd like to have their problem. 4.39 goals per game for the season isn't too bad!

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

I think both teams won on their home field.

Neutral site & turf this time. I'm not sure who that favors. Has Minford played on turf? I don't think Burg has done so well on turf (tie w/ South Point & loss to Jackson)

They both beat valley, but not sure if that game was on Valley's turf?

The playing surface can really affect the game. I guess good teams find a way to adjust to it. Paint's Stadium is alright, but it's a strange atmosphere for soccer. I would rather see the districts played on a natural soccer field. Who else could host it (that's centrally located between the East & Southeast districts)?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

hhs- Less than 2 goals a game against tough opponents though. Take away the games against West, Clay, Northwest, and Piketon and the average drops a good bit.

vball- Chillicothe and Unioto both have soccer only fields if you are still going to the Chillicothe area.

What time is this match on Saturday?

straw_hat
Waterboy

Post by straw_hat »

i do believe that minford has played on turf and that they can handle it... they have no problem adjusting to the playing conditions... if they did have there valley game at valley they kno wat turf is like... i think minford will come out on top of this one but they have to keep their heads in the game and just play the way they kno how to... :122246

MINFORD- 4

BURG-3

slimTHUG
Waterboy

Post by slimTHUG »

I think that Burg will not be able to handle the FALCONS. Minford has improved alot since they have played Burg the last time. So I look for the FALCONS to take care of business in a close one.

MINFORD 2
wheelersburg 1

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Minford has to play THEIR game in order to win. They just have to play the way they have all season and can't take their heads out of the game.

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

two great temas goin at it in the district finals....if the falcons play like they kno how then they have an edge....but burg WILL take advantage of mistakes if the falcons commit them.....good luck to the falcons

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

Paints Stadium is definitely the place these games should stay. Having been to games in previous years for the D3 tourney at Athens- the WORST, Alexander- bad, Chillicothe- OK as long as it's a day game because the lights are terrible... Paints is the best. Have been to Unioto but not for a tournament game and that might be OK, but I wasn't real impressed with the lighting there either.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Piketon has a nice field, and is a Soccer specific stadium

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

nice catch danicalifornia. burg has not played well against tougher competition. minford is tough. hope to catch this one, but the buckeyes do play at 8:00, and potential for rain. good luck to both.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

The game is approaching quickly!!...29hrs. til first touch!! :-D ....Hope both teams are ready to play!

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

It is now game day. Good luck to Wheelersburg!!! Good luck #3 and to the rest of the team!!! See you there!!!

t10
Waterboy

Post by t10 »

BURG 3 MINFORD 2

Return to “Soccer”