TVC Soccer

godsgeneral
Freshman Team

TVC Soccer

Post by godsgeneral »

Which schools in the TVC currently have soccer programs or are considering it?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC Soccer

Post by danicalifornia »

Alexander
Athens
Belpre

Federal Hocking had it at one point
Not sure on any other though.

godsgeneral
Freshman Team

Post by godsgeneral »

I know that Vinton Co has a youth soccer program and they are pushing for High School soccer. I am just curious who else may be considering it and how well it is going for the schools that have it.

weeze1
Waterboy

Post by weeze1 »

They will never have a league... Staying independent is the route to go.. Get a tougher schedule.. SEOAL is ok but you get to the SOC the competition gets down with only a handful of decent sides. They have to play each other once or twice and only leaves a couple slots open to get non-league matches... But it does help the kids in the SOC get a lot of goals with playing each other.. which really means nothing.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

On a side note...

The TVC does not crown a league champ for soccer. I think to do so the league requires half of the schools to field teams. There is no requirement for the 3 teams listed above to even play each other. Athens and Belpre play each other twice a year while Alexander and Belpre only play once a season. Belpre would like to play them twice a season but Alexander has not yet agreed to do so.

weeze1
Waterboy

Post by weeze1 »

I don't see Alexander getting them twice in a season.. Wouldnt be a bad idea but very doubtful... Belpre is very well coached... give them a few more years.

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

weeze1 wrote:They will never have a league... Staying independent is the route to go.. Get a tougher schedule.. SEOAL is ok but you get to the SOC the competition gets down with only a handful of decent sides. They have to play each other once or twice and only leaves a couple slots open to get non-league matches... But it does help the kids in the SOC get a lot of goals with playing each other.. which really means nothing.

Never is a long time, but until other schools get established teams, there should not be a league IMO. Weeze, you are right that staying indpendent allows for stronger schedules at this point. Athens (as DII) especially would hurt in the strength of schedule department.

Federal used to have a team.
Vinton has been rumored to be gearing up to field a team in a few years.
Wellston was supposeldy very close to getting a team together 2 years ago, but haven't heard anything since.
NY is supposedly setting up a youth league, but getting a Varsity team in that rabid football community seems a long shot to me.
A few Meigs youth play in GASA, but I don't think they will have any option other than open enrollment at Athens, Alex, or Jackson.

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

koondogger wrote:Trimble is coming.

Forgive me, but I will not hold my breath.
Trimble is football country (and do very well at it), not futbol country.
But if they put something together, I say welcome to the party.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Marietta, Warren, Gallia, Jackson,Chillicothe,Logan

Avg Attendance=366.5
Tourny record= 4-3

Northwest, Waverly, Burg, West, Valley, New Boston, Clay, South Webster,
Minford

Avg Attendance=162.6
Tourny record= 4-4

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

it will take trimble a few years. With the way they are running the youth football I can see alot of kids quiting to play soccer.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Better get'em fitted for those square toes early then. :122245

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

goUK wrote:Marietta, Warren, Gallia, Jackson,Chillicothe,Logan

Avg Attendance=366.5
Tourny record= 4-3

Northwest, Waverly, Burg, West, Valley, New Boston, Clay, South Webster,
Minford

Avg Attendance=162.6
Tourny record= 4-4

?????? Whats the point of this post ????????

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

who is going to be the coach for trimble?

I thought they hated soccer in gtown?

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

any school with a decent football program doesn't have soccer

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Uhmm...Waverly has both Football and Soccer
Waverly's Football program has always been strong (except for this past season)

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I thought Waverly football had been down for several years, until 2007? Maybe soccer has had something to do with them being down?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

xb1srw2 wrote:
NY is supposedly setting up a youth league, but getting a Varsity team in that rabid football community seems a long shot to me.

I had not heard that NY was trying to start a youth soccer program. That would be great if they did! Kids need more recreational activities. I feel that the NY community has been doing an outstanding job in recent years in providing improved facilities and increased options in activities for kids (including additional non-sports activities). Keep up the good work!!! :-D

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

not going to happen in nelsonville

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

The GKC will rule the TVC in 2009. Write it down, baby!

Trimble Soccer #1

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

xb1srw2 wrote:
weeze1 wrote:They will never have a league... Staying independent is the route to go.. Get a tougher schedule.. SEOAL is ok but you get to the SOC the competition gets down with only a handful of decent sides. They have to play each other once or twice and only leaves a couple slots open to get non-league matches... But it does help the kids in the SOC get a lot of goals with playing each other.. which really means nothing.

Never is a long time, but until other schools get established teams, there should not be a league IMO. Weeze, you are right that staying indpendent allows for stronger schedules at this point. Athens (as DII) especially would hurt in the strength of schedule department.

Federal used to have a team.
Vinton has been rumored to be gearing up to field a team in a few years.
Wellston was supposeldy very close to getting a team together 2 years ago, but haven't heard anything since.
A few Meigs youth play in GASA, but I don't think they will have any option other than open enrollment at Athens, Alex, or Jackson.

I have to tell you, I have not heard of a league being set up or even proposed in Nelsonville. I can tell you that no one has approached the City about this. Nelsonville used to have a youth program, but was disbanded.

Return to “Soccer”