CLAY MAY LOSE SOCCER PROGRAM FOR 2008

Bozo
S

Re: CLAY MAY LOSE SOCCER PROGRAM FOR 2008

Post by Bozo »

Bring back Dick McCleese. That dude will straighten it out.

opie7
Waterboy

Post by opie7 »

You people that take vacations in August, need to get over it. Your in High School sports now. Wins mean everthing at this level and having a full roster means alot for practices and games.
If McCleese was there, he would of left it to the coach to do something and hid in the trees. It's the AD's responsibility to hold up to the schedules, and he had no choice to do what he did.
I can't blame him. Clay athletics (at least boys) have no interest in sports anymore. They're tied up in cars, girls and who knows what else. That's why the basketball program has went down hill. They don't want to practice !!! It takes alot of dedication and off-season practicing to be champions and it's not there at Clay.
Rose does a good job, but he follows the book. A little argant, but he does well.

opie7
Waterboy

Post by opie7 »

Clay has lost very few players to other schools. And who brought academics into this ??? Everyone agrees that academics comes first.....we're talking about H.S sports. And maybe you should spend more time with Rose, he could probaly help you and your arrogance !!!!

opie7
Waterboy

Post by opie7 »

ignert1 wrote:Didn't mean to touch a nerve there Opie. Maybe you need to look up the word arrogance since you like to throw it around. You completely missed the point I was making about academics and the example of Jake Davis. After all, it is just HS sports and winning doesn't mean "everything".
Your right in saying Clay hasn't lost many kids to other schools. Most of the ones who left went serveral years ago. In two grades that I am aware of there was a net loss of about 10 kids this year. As for the basketball program going down hill you have to look at the past records and see that there are up and down periods in almost all school programs. Groups of boys come and go and every now and then you get several who are good at one sport and coaches build around them. When they graduate you are left with the boys who didn't get a lot of time or attention and you have to rebuild. Clay is in that period after Coach Ward and his KY boys left.

In Varisity sports winning does mean everything. Clay hasn't had a "true", great, overall team, for alot of years. If you take Thoroughman out of the line-up, the years he played, you're looking at another average season or worse. The problem starts at the biddy ball level and gets worse as it goes up. They have to much ridding on winning games at the lower levels and forget how it's going to affect the Varsity level in a couple years. Right now you're looking at the Benji Richards and Ward era. That's what they done. Used one or two men to score all their points and didn't teach the other 7 or 8 the basic skills of basketball.
The biggest problem with Clay, is their motivation in the off-season. They have none !

opie7
Waterboy

Post by opie7 »

ignert1 wrote:
opie7 wrote:Clay has lost very few players to other schools. And who brought academics into this ??? Everyone agrees that academics comes first.....we're talking about H.S sports. And maybe you should spend more time with Rose, he could probaly help you and your arrogance !!!!

Did I just hear that Clay's AD own son (stepson) is going to Whbg this year? There's another good athlete lost to the burg.

Not !!!

opie7
Waterboy

Post by opie7 »

opie7 wrote:
ignert1 wrote:
opie7 wrote:Clay has lost very few players to other schools. And who brought academics into this ??? Everyone agrees that academics comes first.....we're talking about H.S sports. And maybe you should spend more time with Rose, he could probaly help you and your arrogance !!!!

Did I just hear that Clay's AD own son (stepson) is going to Whbg this year? There's another good athlete lost to the burg.

Not !!!

I take that back. Ben is a nice athlete. But at Whbg, he'll be a average athlete.

Return to “Soccer”