2023 Season

4thgoal
SEOPS

2023 Season

Post by 4thgoal »

Any potential news out there on teams adding or dropping soccer for 2023? I have heard that Ironton is possibly going to add both girls and boys soccer for 2023.

athlete1120
Waterboy

Re: 2023 Season

Post by athlete1120 »

Haven't heard of any teams dropping yet, but it seems to be something that happens closer to the season when coaches/schools can get a better look at numbers. It's especially true for the teams who struggle year in and year out with getting kids out. Haven't heard that on Ironton, always heard they were dead set against it because of football being worried it would take away a few kids...could be interesting if that was the case because I've always been told the few kids who love soccer in that district play for St Joe or other schools close, so it may hurt those schools also.

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Whiteoak is setting up a jv schedule for coed and looks to hopefully join the shac in 2024 from what I’ve heard. They’ve had youth teams for the past few years. Good to see more southeastern Ohio teams get soccer.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Ironton did have a Junior High team this year. It may be another year before they try to start a High School team. Someone from Ironton help us out on this.

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

No need to add a separate thread, but any coaching openings or new coaches for 2023?

Philo HS boys varsity are searching for a new coach.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I heard Unioto boys job is open.

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Saw on social media that Ironton voted to have soccer as a high school varsity sport this upcoming fall. What conference will they be in? The ovc?

A Kinder Yogi
Waterboy

Post by A Kinder Yogi »

FagsPlaySoccer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:07 pm Trust me when I say this. Coach Pen will NEVER permit kickball to be played at the high school level at Ironton High School.
I dont know. Soccer could work at IHS without hurting football.

Y'all are just gonna have to prove that!
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

FagsPlaySoccer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:07 pm Trust me when I say this. Coach Pen will NEVER permit kickball to be played at the high school level at Ironton High School.
What? Ironton has soccer now?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Looks like someone isn’t really in the know…

The Voice aka LR
Waterboy

Post by The Voice aka LR »

rxburgfan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:07 pm
RxBurg? Is that Prescriptionburg or Reynoldsburg?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

SoccerGuy22 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:51 pm Saw on social media that Ironton voted to have soccer as a high school varsity sport this upcoming fall. What conference will they be in? The ovc?
Yes, as long as they don't start bringing in players from Brazil and Argentina and get voted out...

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

getting closer to the summer...any very early predictions for SE Ohio conferences? Boys and Girls.

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

I was at Green for a track meet and their new turf has lines. Anyone know anything about them getting a team started?

I've also heard the rumors surrounding Ironton. Going to be interesting to say the least.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

The Voice aka LR wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:56 am
rxburgfan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:07 pm
RxBurg? Is that Prescriptionburg or Reynoldsburg?
It’s prescription burg…

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Mr. Official wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:21 pm I was at Green for a track meet and their new turf has lines. Anyone know anything about them getting a team started?

I've also heard the rumors surrounding Ironton. Going to be interesting to say the least.
Ironton is in on probationary status as all new program are and haven’t heard anything about Green. Hope they do.

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Closer and closer to summer. other than Wheelersburg who will be the top teams for D3?

athlete1120
Waterboy

Post by athlete1120 »

Mostly Southern Ohio D3 schools here, with a few exceptions (Minford and Zane Trace D2 now)

SOC 2 will be loaded again IMO...Burg returns all its scoring after a great year, Northwest returns 90% of its starters from a district appearance last season, Webster was pretty much all underclassmen, and Minford has several guys who started the past 2 seasons on district championship teams returning.

SOC 1 will be a toss-up with Valley losing some key guys as well as St Joe losing arguably the best player in that league to graduation, the rest of the league I'm not sure.

SHAC will be North Adams to lose as I heard they only really lose their keeper, Lynch will be solid as always though. Peebles lost their leading 2 goal scorers to graduation. Not sure about the rest of the league.

OVC will be a battle with South Point probably being the preseason favorite with what's returning. Rock Hill lost one of the best goal-scorers around. The rest I'm not sure about.

SVC - Not really familiar with it, but know Zane Trace has their best few players all returning.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

athlete1120 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:05 am Mostly Southern Ohio D3 schools here, with a few exceptions (Minford and Zane Trace D2 now)

SOC 2 will be loaded again IMO...Burg returns all its scoring after a great year, Northwest returns 90% of its starters from a district appearance last season, Webster was pretty much all underclassmen, and Minford has several guys who started the past 2 seasons on district championship teams returning.

SOC 1 will be a toss-up with Valley losing some key guys as well as St Joe losing arguably the best player in that league to graduation, the rest of the league I'm not sure.

SHAC will be North Adams to lose as I heard they only really lose their keeper, Lynch will be solid as always though. Peebles lost their leading 2 goal scorers to graduation. Not sure about the rest of the league.

OVC will be a battle with South Point probably being the preseason favorite with what's returning. Rock Hill lost one of the best goal-scorers around. The rest I'm not sure about.

SVC - Not really familiar with it, but know Zane Trace has their best few players all returning.

South Point? Lol. Gallia Academy still has a stronghold in the OVC coming off of a District Championship! No way they aren't the favorite.

bigblue4life
Riding the Bench

Post by bigblue4life »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:19 pm Any potential news out there on teams adding or dropping soccer for 2023? I have heard that Ironton is possibly going to add both girls and boys soccer for 2023.
Ironton does have girls soccer now. The Ironton' girls are scheduled to play Russell on August 14 at the Russell soccer complex. I don't know about boys soccer for Ironton.
The Russell/Ironton game is currently scheduled for a 6pm start.

Return to “Soccer”