2019 Season Girls Soccer Scores, Standings & Updates

Falcon01
S

Re: 2019 Season Girls Soccer Scores, Standings & Updates

Post by Falcon01 »

rxburgfan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:41 pm
Falcon01 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:37 pm While I am sitting here researching, might as well give the updates from Maher Rankings as well.

Rankings regardless of Division in Ohio (top 1000 are in rankings): Color coding them was the best I could do, since the site always jumbles everything together. sorry.
School ...... Rank ...... Strength Of Schedule
Fairfield Union ...... 106 ...... 461
Marietta ...... 131 ..... 582
Unioto ...... 154 ..... 177
Wheelersburg ...... 215 ...... 902
Lynchburg clay ...... 220 ...... 695
North Adams .... 234 ...... 814
Logan ...... 237 ...... 307
Chillicothe ...... 243 ...... 769
Alexander ..... 250 ...... 510
Warren ...... 254 ...... 787
Eastern Brown ..... 266 ...... 771
Athens ...... 279 ...... 556
Southeast ...... 302 ...... 872
Westfall ..... 331 ..... 929
Peebles ...... 339 ...... 946
Jackson ...... 358 ...... 798
Hillsboro ...... 362 ...... 740
Zane Trace ...... 371 ...... 759
Miami trace ..... 380 ..... 837
If you do not see your team an want to know their ranking... let me know and I can look it up.
Always appreciate the insight. But the teams on the perimeter of the SE district are closer to playing tougher schedules. When you are along the river your chances are nill to stiffen your schedule. A high school can’t play in a conference and then try and play schools two hours from them. And no way to get a 1 and 1.
Those are just the categories on the site. I didnt pick and choose for any reason or anything.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fairfield union 7
Cville 0

Unioto 6
Zane trace 1

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Lynchburg clay 3
Hillsboro 2

Hamilton twp 3
Logan elm 1

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

St joseph 11
West 0

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Warren 3
Waverly 0

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

North Adams 6
West Union 0

MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

Morgan 5 Philo 0

Marley Smith tied her own school records with five goals and ten points in a match.

BBMK
Waterboy

Post by BBMK »

McClain at Waverly was rescheduled for October 12th
a_c_m wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:55 pm 9/21
Alexander 1
Wheelersburg 1

Athens 1
Logan Elm 0

Miami Trace 7
Fairfield 3

Amanda Clearcreek 6
Heath 1

Peebles 8
Felicity Franklin 1

Circleville 0
Sheridan 0

need
McClain at Waverly
Logan at Maysville

BBMK
Waterboy

Post by BBMK »

I think it makes sense to play everyone in the conference twice. Once at home and once at their place I think it is silly that Unioto only has to win four games to win their league, but I guess when you dominate a league what’s the point. Wheelersburg has to play Waverly, Minford, even Ironton St. Joe was no walk in the park so I don’t think their schedule is a cupcake walk. They barely beat Waverly (and quite frankly shouldn’t have) and Minford played them tough. SOC is more evenly matched aside from Portsmouth West
usmcengineer wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:46 pm
ndc soccer wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:44 pm Well you do know that they HAVE to play Washington twice? The FAC plays everyone twice, believe me, Chillicothe wishes the league was structured like the SVC but the AD’s keep voting to play twice. So 10 of our 16 games are already scheduled.

Yes I noticed that they played everyone twice, that is just crazy. So all the AD's want to play everyone twice or is it just Chillicothes. Makes me think of Wheelersburgs. They have so many in the SOC they can't actually play anyone good during the season.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

9/23
Zanesville Maysville 2
Tri Valley 0

Lynchburg Clay 3
Hillsboro 2

Unioto 6
Zane Trace 1

Westfalll 9
Piketon 0

Hamilton Township 3
Logan Elm 1

West Muskingum 4
Sheridan 1

Morgan 5
Philo 0

Fairfield Union 7
Circleville 0

Warren 3
Waverly 0

Ironton St.Joe 11
West 0

need
Landmark Christian at Fairfield
Amanda Clearcreek at Alexander
Last edited by a_c_m on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SE_Soccer_Fan
Waterboy

Post by SE_Soccer_Fan »

BBMK wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:29 am I think it makes sense to play everyone in the conference twice. Once at home and once at their place I think it is silly that Unioto only has to win four games to win their league, but I guess when you dominate a league what’s the point. Wheelersburg has to play Waverly, Minford, even Ironton St. Joe was no walk in the park so I don’t think their schedule is a cupcake walk. They barely beat Waverly (and quite frankly shouldn’t have) and Minford played them tough. SOC is more evenly matched aside from Portsmouth West
ndc soccer wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:44 pm Well you do know that they HAVE to play Washington twice? The FAC plays everyone twice, believe me, Chillicothe wishes the league was structured like the SVC but the AD’s keep voting to play twice. So 10 of our 16 games are already scheduled.

Yes I noticed that they played everyone twice, that is just crazy. So all the AD's want to play everyone twice or is it just Chillicothes. Makes me think of Wheelersburgs. They have so many in the SOC they can't actually play anyone good during the season.
I think it makes a lot of sense if you have a smaller league. But if you have an 8 league team and you play everyone twice, it doesn't leave any room to play an OOC schedule. If you play the other 7 teams twice each that's 14 games right there. So you get only 2 games to play someone else? I would hate that.

BBMK
Waterboy

Post by BBMK »

SOC on the girls side only has 6, so 10 games are league games and still have 8 games to schedule. When it gets anymore then 6 teams in a league they need to be divided into two sides

SE_Soccer_Fan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:45 am
BBMK wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:29 am I think it makes sense to play everyone in the conference twice. Once at home and once at their place I think it is silly that Unioto only has to win four games to win their league, but I guess when you dominate a league what’s the point. Wheelersburg has to play Waverly, Minford, even Ironton St. Joe was no walk in the park so I don’t think their schedule is a cupcake walk. They barely beat Waverly (and quite frankly shouldn’t have) and Minford played them tough. SOC is more evenly matched aside from Portsmouth West

I think it makes a lot of sense if you have a smaller league. But if you have an 8 league team and you play everyone twice, it doesn't leave any room to play an OOC schedule. If you play the other 7 teams twice each that's 14 games right there. So you get only 2 games to play someone else? I would hate that.

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

I think it's crazy doing that. Like Wheelersburg, not taking anything away from them but they moved up to D2 this year. Who have they actually played in D2 to get them votes for being state ranked already. They don't make the trip up to play Chillicothe or Unioto. They play almost all SOC teams. Thats a weak conference from what I have seen and heard. It's always Waverly or Wheelersburg.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Wheelersburg is just a few students over Div III. Their preseason was tough with the likes of Division III Ironton Rock Hill (currently 9-1-1), AAA Ashland Paul Blazer of Kentucky (currently 12-0-1), Division II Jackson (currently 3-4-1) and Division II Chillicothe (currently 7-2-0). Non league they have faced Division III North Adams (currently 10-0-1 and always tough Division III Albany Alexander (currently 3-5-2). The Pirates 9-1-1 lead the Division III Waverly Tigers (currently 8-2) for first place in the SOC. Burg defeated Waverly 3-2 in the first match and they play again at Burg on 9/26. Good Luck to both the Lady Tigers and Lady Pirates!

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

Yes they are usually D3, I know nothing about Rock Hill, or Ashland. Jackson is down from what they use to be. North Adams is always good same with Alexander. Waverly should have beat Wheelersburg. I was actually at that game.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Isn't waverly 2 now?

I remember once a coach used his preseason games at the draw as a reason for a higher seed. Lol. You talking preseason games just reminded me of it, I don't mean anything by it towards you.

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

Yes Waverly is D2, have been for the last couple years atleast.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Falcon01 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:00 pm Isn't waverly 2 now?

I remember once a coach used his preseason games at the draw as a reason for a higher seed. Lol. You talking preseason games just reminded me of it, I don't mean anything by it towards you.
You are correct! Waverly is a II, I'm not offended, I was just trying to let everyone know that since the regular season cannot be filled with Division II schools, that the Pirates did schedule up preseason. I know this has no bearing on the rankings or seeding come tournament time. Thanks for the correction!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

usmcengineer wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:59 pm Yes they are usually D3, I know nothing about Rock Hill, or Ashland. Jackson is down from what they use to be. North Adams is always good same with Alexander. Waverly should have beat Wheelersburg. I was actually at that game.
What happened to make you think that Waverly should have beat Wheelersburg! They meet again this week............best of luck to both!

Chillibobo
Waterboy

Post by Chillibobo »

With Fairfield Union and Warren both in their sectional (and Athens might also surprise people), I will be curious to see how the SOC schools fare in their D2 sectional games this year. That will tell everyone whether they need to beef up their non-league schedules or not.

It looks like Waverly has played Warren, Alex and Unioto this Fall, so they are starting to take on some of the tougher teams in the SE District. Maybe Burg will follow suit now that they have moved to D2.

Return to “Soccer”