SCORING BONANZA???

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: SCORING BONANZA???

Post by 4thgoal »

Thanks for the update. Pretty sure there is no such thing as a soft red anymore though

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Welcome back boys. I was starting to wonder if you guys lost internet privileges in the juvenile detention center. No one was posting anything! Another high scoring SOC game! SW prevailed with better quality soccer. I think it was 7 yellows and so 4 of those attribute to the "soft red". But really not a chippy game like u would think from the yellow card column.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

So far this season, there have been 28 games involving either an SOC boys or girls team. In those 28 games, there have been 168 goals scored for an average of 6 per game. It must be the new NFHS soccer balls!

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

As the old saying goes... It takes balls to score goals. Redcard, I still hate you.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

What's this soft red stuff? Is the card actually feel softer than the actual red card itself? It just makes zero sense. Officiating was awful. Seriously there needs to be better officials out there with a bit of knowledge for the game

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

A 'soft red' was a double yellow or a yellow and red card shown together. The player can be replaced in the game and they do not have to sit out two games, just the rest of that game. A straight red means the player can not be replaced and the team plays a man down. The player has to sit out two more games. I believe that they have done away with the technically 'soft red' and now just have a double yellow--still indicated by showing a yellow and then a red--and a straight red. Some though still refer to the double yellow as a 'soft red.' Did that make sense?

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

drrabbit wrote:A 'soft red' was a double yellow or a yellow and red card shown together. The player can be replaced in the game and they do not have to sit out two games, just the rest of that game. A straight red means the player can not be replaced and the team plays a man down. The player has to sit out two more games. I believe that they have done away with the technically 'soft red' and now just have a double yellow--still indicated by showing a yellow and then a red--and a straight red. Some though still refer to the double yellow as a 'soft red.' Did that make sense?
So what's a soft yellow? Or as the kids call it... "A softy" formerly known as getting the "cheesewagon chubby"... Need someone to shed some light on this plz

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

drrabbit wrote:A 'soft red' was a double yellow or a yellow and red card shown together. The player can be replaced in the game and they do not have to sit out two games, just the rest of that game. A straight red means the player can not be replaced and the team plays a man down. The player has to sit out two more games. I believe that they have done away with the technically 'soft red' and now just have a double yellow--still indicated by showing a yellow and then a red--and a straight red. Some though still refer to the double yellow as a 'soft red.' Did that make sense?

The "Soft Red" no longer exist in Ohio High School Soccer.

The second Yellow is a disqualification. The player is shown the Yellow card and then shown the Red Card. The number of players is reduced, meaning that you CANNOT sub this player. The player cannot play in that game only. No further penalty.

http://ohsaa.org/sports/so/SOCoachesManual.pdf Page 37-38.

Jeep79
Waterboy

Post by Jeep79 »

I agree with the Gview he is spot on.

Return to “Soccer”