Wheelersburg vs. South Webster 9/4/14

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg vs. South Webster 9/4/14

Post by SHAQ25 »

You don't win that many games without making a few enemies or shall we say sore losers :12223 ! Congrats to Coach Boll on achieving 5th on all time win list.

Redcard-you have to not think so narrow minded and think of how long it takes to reach that many wins and the dedication and time he has put into our youth in the community by the thousands of hours of mentoring, coaching, leadership, growth, development, and just overall good example he sets for every kid he has ever coached. Sure, we may disagree with some of his coaching decisions and styles over the years and what not but at the end of the day when a guy puts over 30 years into kids and ask for nothing in return and holds it together through those years and as I recall has never been called out for doing anything that would be disgraceful of disrespectful to the program and/or SOC...I think we need to applaud him and give him congrats for his achievement! He must be doing something right to rack up all of those championships at all levels and all of those wins. If I recall he was also awarded the highest recognition a coach can receive in Ohio for soccer in the state award ceremony this past off-season with the award focusing on integrity and respect...look it up...

Congratulations Coach Boll on moving into the 5th spot in all time wins and thank you for the example you set for the hundreds of kids you have made better men and women throughout the years!

and...no I do not have a kid on that team....he has put the time in and earned it and deserves the recognition!

I have lost to Coach Boll many times throughout the years but I respect what he has done ...it's not a reason to not like him. I just don't see how you could be that dismissive of someone that donates nearly half of their life to our kids...

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Shaquille- all good points and I'm sure he has given much.
We all love records and Wheelersburg has quite a few. some of Burgs studs from the past remain on in the record books:
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/records/bsorecrd.htm#3040
Props to the Givens and sampsons and Lewis of Burgs past. Great accomplishments there from great players and I'm sure they can thank Boll for some of their success.
Unfortunately Boll lost my vote when Burg catapulted into the record books at # 1 for most goals scored in a game(28).
THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!!! I think anything above 10 when the other team is scoreless is plenty. No need to pad the stats beyond that......
Just sayin

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

28 is excessive...

Return to “Soccer”