All Conference

Re: Tournament Time results!

Post by socfan »

Girls: North Adams 5 Chesapeake 0

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Eastern Brown girls over Northwest girls 8-0 in a downpour. One side field looked like a pond. Eastern girls very good squad.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 7
Washington CH 1

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

SW 4
West 0

Two PK's for SW off of West's defenders sliding in the mud. Both very questionable calls. One was an immediate counterattack off of the first PK. SW was the better team but officiating was questionable at best.

BETTERTHANYOU00
Waterboy

Post by BETTERTHANYOU00 »

Wheelersburg - 6
St. Joe - 0

soccerkrazed
Riding the Bench

Post by soccerkrazed »

Warren 10

Gallia Academy 1

Boys

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

Any word on the other burg and valley???

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

realfutbol wrote:Any word on the other burg and valley???
My cousin just texted me 4-2 the burg

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

Valley 2 Lynchburg Clay 4 1-0 Valley at half 7 cards in all 6 were yellow and 1 red 1 yellow to LC Others to Valley

BETTERTHANYOU00
Waterboy

Who was the player for St. Joe that was taken from the game in an ambulance?

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

It was Ward #9 ( I think that's his #).Last I heard he was released from ER with a stress fracture.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Get boned at Lynchburg. No way! :122246

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

old_horse wrote:Valley 2 Lynchburg Clay 4 1-0 Valley at half 7 cards in all 6 were yellow and 1 red 1 yellow to LC Others to Valley
Does the player from Valley who received the red play another sport? Since their season is done, I believe that requires a 2 game suspension in the next sport they play or next year in soccer if it was not a senior?

doubleplay
Waterboy

Post by doubleplay »

Fredthestreak wrote:Get boned at Lynchburg. No way! :122246
Fredthestreak, not sure what your comment means, but Lynchburg-Clay won the game 4 to 2.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

4th n Goal wrote:
old_horse wrote:Valley 2 Lynchburg Clay 4 1-0 Valley at half 7 cards in all 6 were yellow and 1 red 1 yellow to LC Others to Valley
Does the player from Valley who received the red play another sport? Since their season is done, I believe that requires a 2 game suspension in the next sport they play or next year in soccer if it was not a senior?
2 double yellows in that game. No straight reds so no worries 4th and G.
Heard it was a ridiculous game out there with the zebra having a major effect on the game...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Redcard wrote:2 double yellows in that game. No straight reds so no worries 4th and G.
Heard it was a ridiculous game out there with the zebra having a major effect on the game...
There are several officials in the area who want to make sure "it's all about them" when they take the field. Very sad actually. I think the St Joe @ Burg game was definitely one of the better officiated games I have seen this year.

doubleplay
Waterboy

Post by doubleplay »

Redcard wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
2 double yellows in that game. No straight reds so no worries 4th and G.

Zebras were bad both ways. One of Valley's goals came from a dead ball kick (and it was a beautiful shot) but should not have been a foul in the first place and thus no free kick should have been awarded. None of our players yelled at the officials on that play. Lynchburg-Clay outplayed Valley and scored 4 goals in the last 23 minutes. The Valley players self-destructed. The Valley coach, who I have heard is a good guy off the field, and his staff seemed to be more interested in the officiating then coaching. Both players who received the double yellows flipped off the official after they received their 2nd yellow. There is no place in High School sports for that kind of behavior.

It was an intense game that was made worse by the wet field conditions and the fact that the game didn't start until 7:15. The late start was due to the lack of officials available. Trust me, none of the Lynchubrg-Clay fans were happy to see the officiating crew that was there. Bottom line, our players kept there composure better and Valley decided to play 10 players on defense after they had their 1 to 0 halftime lead. They lost their momentum and let Lynchburg-Clay back into the game. I was glad that they went to the defensive mode, because it allowed us to have more opportunities to score.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Beagle12 wrote:.........seemed to be more interested in the officiating then coaching.
I have seen that same thing several times this year and in most cases, they could have helped their team potentially win a game by providing constructive input/direction instead of trying to influence EVERY call that is or isn't made. They likely had about the same likelyhood of drying out the field as they did influencing the officials.

BETTERTHANYOU00
Waterboy

I'm not sure who officiated the game and frankly I don't care. That being said, officials should try their best to NOT impact the game. Call the fouls, yes. But let the players decide the outcome.

However im extremely disappointed to hear about the flipping off, even after a bad call. I agree this isn't the first time the coaching staff has not done their job to keep control of their players. Finally caught up to them I guess and cost them in more ways than 1.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 2
Warren Local 1

OT

Return to “Soccer”