New Boston/St. Joe-TONIGHT-sectional semi

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Re: New Boston/St. Joe-TONIGHT-sectional semi

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I'm sticking with my original prediction of an UPSET.

NB- make, make, miss completely, miss/save
SJ- make, make, make, make(game winner)

Ironton St. Joes wins 4-3

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I think the SOC will bring home the victory tonight! Goodluck to the Tigers! Lead them to victory Don!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Sadly I won't be able to make the shoot out tonight. Anyone else giving live updates???

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

NB won after 11 rounds of PKs 4 goals to 3.

NB goalie faced 11 shots. Gave up 3 goals. Saved 5. 3 shots missed the goal.

SJ goalie faced 11 shots. Gave up 4 goals. Saved 6 shots. 1 shot missed the goal.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Vision Quest wrote:
a_c_m wrote:This game should never have been played at St. Joe to begin with due to the lack of lights.
New Boston had defeated St. Joe 3-2 and 3-0 this season and the game should have been played at New Boston. Go Tigers!
I guess you don't know how the tournament works. The coaches voted to seed and SJ got seeded ahead of NB and with that home field. If their home field wasn't appropriate/regulation, then SJ probably should have been able move the venue and I'm sure they would have found a suitable venue. Leave it up to a NB person to complain about a venue. Ever been to a place where a step is in the field/court??????
I quite well know how the tournament works. New Boston defeated SJ twice in regular season and the only reason that SJ was given the higher seed was due to the fact that the NB representative became sick and did not make the drawing. The game is over..........The Tigers won! SJ had a good year and should be proud of their season. This has nothing to do with the old gym. You people will be crying over the old gym until death do you part.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The "only" reason SJ got the higher seed was because New Boston's coach was unable to attend the drawing? Really? Could it have had something to do with the fact that at the draw SJ was 9-5-1? Also, at the draw, NB had only one win against SJ which was 3-2 at NB. Let's not make assumptions when you have no idea why coaches voted the way they did and you have no clue what impact it may have had if Coach Estep had been able to attend.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The game is over.........let it go!

NB meets SW tomorrow! SJ had a great year.........leave it at that!

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

a_c_m wrote:
Vision Quest wrote:
a_c_m wrote:This game should never have been played at St. Joe to begin with due to the lack of lights.
New Boston had defeated St. Joe 3-2 and 3-0 this season and the game should have been played at New Boston. Go Tigers!
I guess you don't know how the tournament works. The coaches voted to seed and SJ got seeded ahead of NB and with that home field. If their home field wasn't appropriate/regulation, then SJ probably should have been able move the venue and I'm sure they would have found a suitable venue. Leave it up to a NB person to complain about a venue. Ever been to a place where a step is in the field/court??????
I quite well know how the tournament works. New Boston defeated SJ twice in regular season and the only reason that SJ was given the higher seed was due to the fact that the NB representative became sick and did not make the drawing. The game is over..........The Tigers won! SJ had a good year and should be proud of their season. This has nothing to do with the old gym. You people will be crying over the old gym until death do you part.
As for the comment about the old gym, just trying to show how much of a hypocrite you are, a_c_m. ;-)

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

11 rounds is nuts! anyone know if this is record book worthy?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks Vision Quest.........you know nothing about me! Does it make you feel better that you go to name calling.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Redcard wrote:11 rounds is nuts! anyone know if this is record book worthy?
Close but not a record. Check out ohsaa.org. It shows that 2 schools made 27 PK's in a row without missing so I doubt that 22 overall ranks near the top of the list although it was cool for 2 schools as small as NB and SJ to make for a very exciting evening.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

a_c_m wrote:Thanks Vision Quest.........you know nothing about me! Does it make you feel better that you go to name calling.
Why don't you try sticks and stones, that works better. I know all I need to know about you, a Glenwood homer. Speaks volumes.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Here's a thought, everyone on here is an idiot. Myself included. There we're all even now. :aaaaa69

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

What a game/shoot out. Wish I could have been there. All the talk about the glow ball was really confusing. I think that shoulda been discussed though. Anyways good job GHS good luck vs the jeepers tonight.

Vision Quest, will you PM me your ab routine. I really need to get back in shape for church league bball! Thanks bro

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

saveTHEnight wrote:What a game/shoot out. Wish I could have been there. All the talk about the glow ball was really confusing. I think that shoulda been discussed though. Anyways good job GHS good luck vs the jeepers tonight.

Vision Quest, will you PM me your ab routine. I really need to get back in shape for church league bball! Thanks bro

u bring up grate point saveknives, because nothing is more important than church league basketball. i keep all my stats from my games and tell ppl the next day how i played its great every1 should do same .. THIS STUFF MATTERS!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

jazzhands88 wrote:Here's a thought, everyone on here is an idiot. Myself included. There we're all even now. :aaaaa69

Thanks!

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

D4hero wrote:
saveTHEnight wrote:What a game/shoot out. Wish I could have been there. All the talk about the glow ball was really confusing. I think that shoulda been discussed though. Anyways good job GHS good luck vs the jeepers tonight.

u bring up grate point saveknives, because nothing is more important than church league basketball. i keep all my stats from my games and tell ppl the next day how i played its great every1 should do same .. THIS STUFF MATTERS!

I think everyone should keep stats. It really does matter for those of us who never played, its a fun way to feel good and accepted again. That's what keeps me so motivated to dive deep into the southern ohio soccer stat world to provide seops fans a better insight on the game. Will be uploading some soon for tourney games from the palm pilot.

Return to “Soccer”