Re: Burg at South Webster/game time?

Post by Redcard »

I was wearing my red "Peebles coach for Mayor" shirt

Jeep79
Waterboy

Post by Jeep79 »

You can't see me :aaaaa12
You might as well ask what color dress the tooth fairy had on. Keagen is a myth.
No rag dolls or anything else getting tossed other than the coin at the captains meeting tonight. Good physical game tonight played by both squads. A little bit to much of a direct approach for my taste by both especially WB.

sports740
Waterboy

Post by sports740 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:After playing so well against Waverly, I thought it would be enough to give us the edge tonight. Not the case at all. The only attack we could put together was from the long throw ins. If only Thurmer could throw it to himself! haha. The Jeeps are a good team, dirty, but good.
Whats with ALL the talk about Thurmer? He is good but HE doesnt make up the TEAM! I do believe the Pirates won some games without him. If Thurmer would allow his team mates to throw in the ball then he could be at the goal to score as that is HIS job. Russell should be doing the throws at the goal. Butler is the one to be talking about this year for the Pirates as I believe he leads in scoring AND was just about the only one on the field last night giving it 110%. Butler takes charge of the field most games. Roof and Risner held their end of the defense up well, as usual. Not to mention Clark has been impressive the last several games, stepping it up, as a senior should. Good luck to ALL the Pirates next week against South Point. If you play like you can, as a team, you will do well!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Yelp called the black shirt. I win

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Hmmm. Way to dog a player when he's down. Thurmer at BEST right now is 85%. He can't help it. And Butler has produced because Thurmer was out. Butler is a great player don't get me wrong, with some size, he would be unbelievable! I would call him a "play maker" not a "goal scorer". Thurmer owns that title for the Pirates.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Hey Burg guys, please stop bickering at each other, its ok. It's OK. Let's get back to matters of higher importance...

Good call on the black shirt, BuZzzzzzz! I didn't see that coming at all. Haley Joel Osment better look out!!!!!

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

FlatBack4REAL wrote:Both teams played hard tonight, things did get a little physical but that's the game of soccer. Seth Goddard owned the scoring column with two nice finishes tonight. Both assists came from Derek Rowe. The Jeep defense also played very solid. Great game by both teams!
Derek Rowe???? Is he a freshman getting playing time due to injury??? I know they have a Derek Fuller who is really good...but who is this Rowe kid???

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Derek "Jack" Rowe, is a senior this year. And there is not a Derek Fuller on the team. It's just Devin Fuller and Kylie Fuller.

sports740
Waterboy

Post by sports740 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Hmmm. Way to dog a player when he's down. Thurmer at BEST right now is 85%. He can't help it. And Butler has produced because Thurmer was out. Butler is a great player don't get me wrong, with some size, he would be unbelievable! I would call him a "play maker" not a "goal scorer". Thurmer owns that title for the Pirates.
Not "dogging" anyone. I was speaking of effort not potential when i said 110%. AND effort is what the player chooses to give when on the field. I did not say Thurmer was not a goal scorer because that is his job, but he doesnt take the ball from one end of the field to the other all by himself. The last I heard soccer was a team sport. As stated before, Thurmer is good but the team's name is not Thurmer it's PIRATES :lol:

I now choose to say no more on a particular player...just wanted to make the point that a team does not consist of one player.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

047strops does make a great point. If Thurmer had been at full health and strength the Jeeps would've had a more difficult time in last nights game. He was giving everything he had out on the field but he just wasn't the same player we saw earlier in the year. He is a GOOD player.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

I was at this game and it was good game by Jeeps. Lex Swims had another impressive shutout in the goal wow he is really good when he wants to be. I thought Kyrie fuller was unsung her of game he player really good maked a lot of things happen. One kid that doesn't get enuff praise is the long haired Brooms kid. Not only does he have the prettiest hair on field he is also solid player

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Thank you Jazzhands...I love it when I'm right :aaaaa122

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

It's Lane Sowards and he did have a great game, he one of he best keepers in the league. Denver Rowe is senior and so is Derek Fuller, they have had a great year so far. I think they were resting some players to be a hundred precent for tournament. Brooms looked good against eastern for sure, but was on injured list last night. He didn't even warm up that much.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

:aaaaa35 Jack Rowe, is the only Rowe on the team. Real name is Derek, but EVERYONE knows him as Jack.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Red Ridding Hood wrote:It's Lane Sowards and he did have a great game, he one of he best keepers in the league. Denver Rowe is senior and so is Derek Fuller, they have had a great year so far. I think they were resting some players to be a hundred precent for tournament. Brooms looked good against eastern for sure, but was on injured list last night. He didn't even warm up that much.
oh my bad I must have confuses brooms with Kyle klayter, they both have some
Crazy hair

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

buzzkillington wrote:Thank you Jazzhands...I love it when I'm right :aaaaa122
You are very welcome BuzzPsychicton.

:aaaaa67

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

i totally agree with 740, Thummer is the best skilled on the team. without him we are doomed! ive seen him go coast to coast many times so it can be done. as for the other pirates they do a nice job out there but id say some are more of a decoy for thurmer to go to work. we got this pirates good luck

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Go wheelersburg Thumers!!!!

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

I too agree on billy thurman as the cream of the crop in porter township. DUDE HAS SKILLZ! Friend of mine said he saw Thurman and the infamous keagan racking up the hours on the training field this summer. some say keagan has taken this kid under his wing to make him a great player, while others see the relationship as a brotherhood. either way, if thurman can hit shots like they say keagan did in the south webster alumni game (loved to hear that vbs817) then he'll be on his way. i cant see him getting any better than he already is, jeeps beware.

so i take it keagan was a forward since he's working with this kid and lighting up local alumni games? anyone have stats on this guy?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

soft yellow card wrote:You can't see me :aaaaa12
You might as well ask what color dress the tooth fairy had on. Keagen is a myth.
No rag dolls or anything else getting tossed other than the coin at the captains meeting tonight. Good physical game tonight played by both squads. A little bit to much of a direct approach for my taste by both especially WB.

What game were you watching? Mark was thrown around like a rag doll. We did get 1 call out of about 6 times he was on the ground. Keith Thurmer is the kid just back and recovering from injury. You guys have called him everything except Keith Thurmer. Billy has graduated.

Return to “Soccer”