2012 Boy's Scores

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Re: 2012 Boy's Scores

Post by jazzfingers888 »

realfutbol wrote:
svcbaseballfan wrote:Unioto actually hosts Valley on Saturday, then travels to Athens on Monday.

Does anyone know why Valley canceled????
I'm guessing due to ACT testing. Weather could have also been a factor. There was a very lite shower that morning if I remember correctly.

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

a_c_m wrote:
newschool wrote:It was 19 -0. Peebles played 11 the first half and 9 the second. 20 in peebles pulled the front guys. His two best strikers only had 2 goals each, maybe 3. 11 different guys scored. Georgetown should be a good game on Friday!
Why would you play 11 against 9 at all? Everyone knows, including Peebles, that Piketon is struggling to get their soccer program back. When Wheelersburg played at Clay, the Pirates played with the same number that Clay had on the field the entire game. 19-0 is ridiculous..............

Why would you only bring 9 players? Call and cancel. People get worked up over how many goals a team scored. Any of you complaining, were you at the game? I know I wasn't, but i have seen a lot of bad teams play this year. One thing i know is that, West Union has been getting killed all year by everyone they play. Teams have scored double digits on them all season and I dont see any complaints on here about it. Why now?

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

hmmm GOOD QUESTION ted the pop tart eating titan. Maybe 19 is the magic number. So far I think 19 people have posted is disgust of Pebbles scoring 19 goals. Even though they did pull their starters about 19 minutes into the game. wow if they make it far in tourneys they could win 19 games. must i repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, ,repeat ,repeat , repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat myself. scoring 19 goals is EMBARRASSING for both teams equally, and CLASSLESS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

I hate to admit it but, i find myself in agreement with slowjazzfingers. There is nothing you can say teentitan thAt makes 19 goals ok. There is no scenario where i will magically say " ohh i didnt know that! 19 goals sounds fair. sure good job!"
CLASSLESS.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

thanks RedcreamsodaCard. I also thoroughly enjoyed your "T-shirt" comment on the Burg/keegan/Sw thread. haahaa

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

titans842, you're right... i haven't commented on any other scores because nothing jumps out at you like 19-0. my bad for expressing my distaste with the way that game was handled. and sure, if a team can put together 10 passes and score on a header 19 times that's impressive, but peebles isn't that good, trust me. and if that was the case then make it 20, 30, 40 passes...if they're that good that's not too many rules for a team to handle vs an over matched opponent... the point is that a knowledgeable coach would make a plan to get something positive out of that game. there are too many things you can do on a soccer field possession and attacking wise to get better, but if peebles has it figured out then more power to them and i cant wait to see them mow down teams in the tourney. and again, this isn't an attack on peebles or a call of sympathy towards piketon, this is a comment towards the people in charge of this embarrassing score. it's what you would call "bush league" in the game of baseball, or "unnecessary" for the lack of a better term. im done talking about it and i wish them good luck going forward.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

didnt know peebles even had a team, but yea thats a little much. 19-0? i feel like thats bulletin board material for all coaches around here when they play the indians for... oh lets say at least the next 19 years.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles(15-0-1) over Georgetown(11-3-1) tonight 3-0 to finish up the regular season.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Waverly 2
Marietta 0

Waverly wraps up regular season at 14-2! 2nd best regular season in school history.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations to the Tigers of Waverly, taking care of business on the field.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto dropped their 1st game of the year at Crew Stadium to Lancaster. Not sure what the score was yet.

PHStide
Waterboy

Post by PHStide »

any updates on the Eastern vs Lynchburg game played yesterday ?

Unioto Rocks
Freshman Team

Post by Unioto Rocks »

danicalifornia wrote:Unioto dropped their 1st game of the year at Crew Stadium to Lancaster. Not sure what the score was yet.
Unioto - 1
Lancaster - 2

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

I would be interested in the specifics of the Marietta / Waverly game if anyone saw it. Just wondering.... how hard were the teams trying to win it? It is the last game of the season and took place "after" the tournament seeding meeting. Of course the players want to win every game and as a coach it is a final tune-up before heading to tournaments.... but it also gives you a chance to rest some starters and get some kids into a varsity contest that have had limited minutes on the season. Also, you don't want to take a chance on getting someone hurt.

Waverly was a little more upset about the #4 seed and may have felt they had something to prove against the #3 seed Marietta. May have been a liitle bit of a "respect' issue. I could be way off.... or right on target, don't really know. That's why I was asking. Hard to read too much in to this result.

As far as Unioto is concerned.... I would think they are all out trying to win this one. Rarely does a team get a chance at a perfect season. I would assume they played mostly with their "A" team.

I would be interested in hearing a little about both games if anyone has anything. Thanks...

Unioto Rocks
Freshman Team

Post by Unioto Rocks »

Bucknuts wrote:I would be interested in the specifics of the Marietta / Waverly game if anyone saw it. Just wondering.... how hard were the teams trying to win it? It is the last game of the season and took place "after" the tournament seeding meeting. Of course the players want to win every game and as a coach it is a final tune-up before heading to tournaments.... but it also gives you a chance to rest some starters and get some kids into a varsity contest that have had limited minutes on the season. Also, you don't want to take a chance on getting someone hurt.

Waverly was a little more upset about the #4 seed and may have felt they had something to prove against the #3 seed Marietta. May have been a liitle bit of a "respect' issue. I could be way off.... or right on target, don't really know. That's why I was asking. Hard to read too much in to this result.

As far as Unioto is concerned.... I would think they are all out trying to win this one. Rarely does a team get a chance at a perfect season. I would assume they played mostly with their "A" team.

I would be interested in hearing a little about both games if anyone has anything. Thanks...
Unioto's only goal came from Zupi in the first 10 minutes and then we pinged the cross bar several times both before and after the goal just couldn't get the ball in the net. Both of Lancaster's goals came from free kicks just outside the box. It was a fight to the end and both teams played hard and physical.

marietta
Waterboy

Post by marietta »

Bucknuts wrote:I would be interested in the specifics of the Marietta / Waverly game if anyone saw it. Just wondering.... how hard were the teams trying to win it? It is the last game of the season and took place "after" the tournament seeding meeting. Of course the players want to win every game and as a coach it is a final tune-up before heading to tournaments.... but it also gives you a chance to rest some starters and get some kids into a varsity contest that have had limited minutes on the season. Also, you don't want to take a chance on getting someone hurt.

Game was 0-0 at halftime. Both teams played a very good first half. Marietta lost Brent Huck to a knee injury right before the half, he did not return and immediately went back to Marietta to the hospital. From what I have heard from players it is an MCL injury and his participation in the tournament is doubtful. Tough loss in a game that in the long run means nothing.

No excuses, but scond half we could tell from the crowd that Marietta was really deflated over the loss of one of their captains. No excuses however, Waverly took advantage of their opportunities and scored a couple of goals midway thru the half. Marietta was still able to generate a few chances on goal, just could not score. Looked like both teams pulled starters with about 10 minutes or so to play. Waverly is a good team and will be a tough battle for Chillicothe in the tournament and a tough out for anyone.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

It was a great night of soccer. I would agree when Huck left the game the intensity and morale of Marietta dropped. Waverly did a good job of finding the net a couple of times to bring home the win. Great win Tigers! Goodluck to both teams in the tournament.

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

Thanks...

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

West 4
Clay 1

Aaron Kraft sat out the whole first half because of an injury, but came in the second half and scored three goals in about a ten minute span.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly was up on Chillicothe 4-0 with 11:00 to play

Return to “Soccer”