Burg vs. Hiland

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Burg vs. Hiland

Post by bunt pirate »

thoughts on this game? after the impressive comeback win vs. peebles on saturday id say that burg will have lots of confidence in this one... the hats will be flying out of the stands as lewis scores at least 3...

pirates 5
hiland 4

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Re: Burg vs. Hiland

Post by preps_fan1980 »

Hiland will be tough. I know that this Burg team can do anything if they can just keep their heads in the game and minimize the distractions. They are a good group of kids and a few of those boys show good leadership on the field...but it could be better. They are hard workers and skilled athletes. I hope the best for them and their coaches. Go Burg! You can do it.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

If youve looked at the tournament brackets and the games that hiland has played previous to south webster then you will see that they like to run up the score on teams... they are a great team and i think its the end of the road for the pirates, but great season.... since hiland beat webster 1-0, and webster beat burg 7-1... ill go with this prediction...

Hiland 11
Burg 2

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE wrote:If youve looked at the tournament brackets and the games that hiland has played previous to south webster then you will see that they like to run up the score on teams... they are a great team and i think its the end of the road for the pirates, but great season.... since hiland beat webster 1-0, and webster beat burg 7-1... ill go with this prediction...

Hiland 11
Burg 2
Moose, for the first time, I have to agree with you. But I'm going to have to make my prediction independently from yours and say:
Hiland 13
Burg 1

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

may be but that's why they play. great to see southern ohio teams still alive at this point in the tourney. good luck to the pirates.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

wow, the predictions thus far are a little extreme. i'll admit burg is one of the weaker teams in the regional, but i think they'll put up more of a fight than 11-2 or 13-1! so what if they had an easy district bracket, they will give the hawks a game!

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Wheelersburg won the first District championship in many years! No matter what happens they have had a great season and they play the games for a reason so good luck Pirates play hard and leave IT ALL on the field!

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Rootin for the underdog in this one. Win it for the SOC!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE wrote:If youve looked at the tournament brackets and the games that hiland has played previous to south webster then you will see that they like to run up the score on teams... they are a great team and i think its the end of the road for the pirates, but great season.... since hiland beat webster 1-0, and webster beat burg 7-1... ill go with this prediction...

Hiland 11
Burg 2
Way to support the only district champion from our area! Win or lose, they made it further in the tournament than anyone else in the area.

Go Pirates!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to Burg tonight. Last team standing in the area, gotta throw support their way.*

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Go Pirates!

I hope someone can give us some updates from Philo...........

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg down 1-0, around 20 to go in 1st half.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg down 2-0 at the half. Burg was starting to get some good chances late in the half....hopefully they can be the comeback kids again!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Just heard it was now 4-0 Hiland. Can anyone confirm this?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Final score was 7-0 Hiland. Great season Pirates, you made it further than anyone else in the county or the SOC....keep your heads up!!!

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

4th - Were South Webster and Hiland very similar teams? The scores indicate that they are.

Lewisville Slugger
Waterboy

Post by Lewisville Slugger »

Looks like burg would have had a VERY difficult time making it out of SW and Hiland's district bracket.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

murmur wrote:4th - Were South Webster and Hiland very similar teams? The scores indicate that they are.
Obviously they were very evenly matched with SW. They were out shot by SW and won the game on a misplayed ball by the keeper. Congrats to the Burg and SW on their tourney games. Now on to basketball.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

interesting that this is a burg/hiland thread and the conversation towards the end is about sw. burg had a good season and were district champs. i believe jeeps were runners up? the old saying that if "ifs and but were candy and nuts every day would be christmas" seems appropriate for some of those above.

chocolate
Waterboy

Post by chocolate »

After reading rockyraccoon's posts, I think it is safe to say he is not a SW fan, just making an observation.

Return to “Soccer”